This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Both awards are an honor for the individuals and program The players should all feel proud, you can't get coach of the year without having full support of the team.

Ok, so where do we go from here with red. This will be interesting as it plays out. Retire on a high? Bring in the replacement and work with red for a year? Extension? Wait for next year to determine if to give an extension, retire, replace? We will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      Both awards are an honor for the individuals and program The players should all feel proud, you can't get coach of the year without having full support of the team.

Ok, so where do we go from here with red. This will be interesting as it plays out. Retire on a high? Bring in the replacement and work with red for a year? Extension? Wait for next year to determine if to give an extension, retire, replace? We will see.
      Let's first see if there even is a 'next season' for us to worry about.

Comment

They were outshot by a cumulative if 124. The only reason they didn’t crater was .940 goaltending. Lets be smarter than thinking there was a ton of good coaching or other good players in the mix here.

Study hockey. See what happens to teams with such bad underlying numbers who “stay the course” believing that kind of goaltending is replicable. (Hint it always ends badly)

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          They were outshot by a cumulative if 124. The only reason they didn’t crater was .940 goaltending. Lets be smarter than thinking there was a ton of good coaching or other good players in the mix here.

Study hockey. See what happens to teams with such bad underlying numbers who “stay the course” believing that kind of goaltending is replicable. (Hint it always ends badly)
          Swayman was the key all season long...but as you say...look over this team as it will look next season: young unproven goaltending...little to no scoring punch/no true sniper...defense can and should be good...not great..but good enough. Incoming recruits are always a wait and see on the ice...I see a very big drop off next season(if we can have a season)...this Team most likely will be lucky to finish 8th and playoffs to a team watching the post season on TV....Swayman did everything possible and was rewarded with accolades this past week...Gendron gets COY award, deserving??? no, maybe yes...but he has not and will not lead this Program in being relevant(imo only). All in all this season was a whole lot better then expected(at least from my stand point). Lastly it would be sure nice to see a surprise and Swayman winning the Hobey Baker Award...myself I think he won't, but I figure he factors in being in the top 3 for the Hobey…(again only imo).

Comment

Cavanaugh and Gendron came into the league at the same time. It's possible to make a case for Cavanaugh as coach of the year. As I recall he did not have the full complement of scholarships the first few years and has slowly built a program that finished one point behind Maine in the final season standings. He has some talented players and a good goal tender in Vomachka. Not as good as Swayman however and probably resulted in Gendron winning the award. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Oh boy, trying not to think about that.

Comment

For those who are interested in the sim, some great results in the Hockey East semifinals tonight!

But I do understand if people aren't on board with the sim. It's depressing to think what might have been...

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  For those who are interested in the sim, some great results in the Hockey East semifinals tonight!

But I do understand if people aren't on board with the sim. It's depressing to think what might have been...
                  It kind of peeks my interest, followed it and sounds like how games would go...well at least imo. Not the real thing mind you but its college hockey when times are in the unknown...beats being negative and looking forward....but the UMaine/BC game sim. would have been a barn burner and just as they said many/many Mainers at the Garden...like old times...next up UMass-Lowell and Norm Bazin...go Maine/go Blue...!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

I agree.

Next season -if it even happens- will be the usual Red disaster.

I have no idea whatsoever why he was named COTY, when it took a miracle of the PW to even get him into the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Talk of Tom Brady never suiting up for Tampa
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        I agree.

Next season -if it even happens- will be the usual Red disaster.

I have no idea whatsoever why he was named COTY, when it took a miracle of the PW to even get him into the conversation.
                        The main reason was Swayman...he rode him for all he was worth this season...it earned Swayman accolades plus and Gendron won because of it...if Coach of the Year was a GOAL SCORED...by Gendron...the primary and secondary assist would be credited to Swayman..!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          The main reason was Swayman...he rode him for all he was worth this season...it earned Swayman accolades plus and Gendron won because of it...if Coach of the Year was a GOAL SCORED...by Gendron...the primary and secondary assist would be credited to Swayman..!!
                          Congrats to Swayman and Gendron. Sucks this gd virus had to spoil a long overdue trip to the garden.

Sorry to the seniors that got their seasons cut short. Hopefully they sign on soon and get a new and exciting outlook in their lives with pro hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Congrats to Swayman and Gendron. Sucks this gd virus had to spoil a long overdue trip to the garden.

Sorry to the seniors that got their seasons cut short. Hopefully they sign on soon and get a new and exciting outlook in their lives with pro hockey.
                            Pat Shea discusses the sadness the seniors feel. Man, sorry buddy... your class helped elevate Maine to a point where we could compete. Sorry this has to be so depressing for you. I’ve been your harshest critic at times and your top supporter at others.

https://youtu.be/YPF-e1qSqFE

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Talk of Tom Brady never suiting up for Tampa
                              Wow he was happy.. and Swayman said as much.

Comment

• Yes we will be like last year. Eighth place. Two top goalies and two top USHL kids coming in. Yes we should be fearful.

Comment

Working...
                                X