This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBlue51 View Post
    Doherty is officially gone. Off to Penn State for next season.

Tough loss for the team and the community. I guess you can say it was expected, but it's tough to see a guy pass up on another year at Maine to play somewhere else.
    Tough loss for Maine but I’m glad he didn’t end up at another hockey East school. Great player for us and did some amazing stuff in the community. Best wishes to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
      Tough loss for Maine but I’m glad he didn’t end up at another hockey East school. Great player for us and did some amazing stuff in the community. Best wishes to him.
      Yup, good luck to him. Probably a good move for his hockey career, exposure to big ten and midwest hockey will offer something additional.
      Id probably want to get away from Reds system and style of play.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Guys used to turn pro after 3 years now they turn to other schools? Whats the advantage? I dont get it. If you want to leave, sign.

Grad school? Some advanced degree?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          Guys used to turn pro after 3 years now they turn to other schools? Whats the advantage? I dont get it. If you want to leave, sign.

Grad school? Some advanced degree?
          I just assumed no decent pro offer??

Comment

Doherty leaving with a year of eligibility left and not signing with a professional team speaks volumes. It appears that he doesn't have much faith in Maine's performance next season and wants to be with a potential winner. A team that could possibly return to the NCAA tournament would give him more exposure and a better chance to sign a pro contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
              Doherty leaving with a year of eligibility left and not signing with a professional team speaks volumes. It appears that he doesn't have much faith in Maine's performance next season and wants to be with a potential winner. A team that could possibly return to the NCAA tournament would give him more exposure and a better chance to sign a pro contract.
              Yeah definitely not a great look for the program but I don’t think it was due to his lack of faith in Maine next year. With him and Tralmaks back I figured they would put together a decent season.
              I took a couple classes with him at Maine and perceived him to be a pretty good student. It could have to do with him looking to life after hockey. I don’t see him as someone with real nhl potential even though he’s a great college player. Penn state has a great business school and should provide him with great opportunities outside of hockey.
              Honestly I thought this was his senior year up until a couple weeks ago so I’m not super bent out of shape about it. Let’s just hope Tralmaks isn’t next.

Comment

Academically. PennState UMaine. Not a tough decision especially when he started at Brown

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  If and when Covid-19 is away from us all...when we do start up(hopefully in October?)..JSS will be called upon to score goals for a team that goal scoring maybe scarce.
                  I seriously, seriously doubt that NCAA Fall/Winter sports will be played next season. This sh*t is growing exponentially, even in the Podunks. Might back off for the Summer a bit, but I think it'll get a lot worse than this in the Fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    I just assumed no decent pro offer??
                    So play your fourth year, join the 100 pt club, be captain, finish what you started and had taken away this year. A top line guy transferring while wearing an A, thats a new one

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Academically. PennState UMaine. Not a tough decision especially when he started at Brown

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      He is certainly a good student if he was admitted to Brown. I get the Maine vs. Penn State comparison, but Maine does have a good business school if that is what he is interested in pursuing. Good luck to him. I suspect he was being offered more than what Maine was willing or able to give him.
                      Last edited by Runsub5; 03-30-2020, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        I seriously, seriously doubt that NCAA Fall/Winter sports will be played next season. This sh*t is growing exponentially, even in the Podunks. Might back off for the Summer a bit, but I think it'll get a lot worse than this in the Fall.
                        Each and every day has me thinking the same...I'm hoping but this is the unknown...

Comment

Working...
                        X