This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

The finalists for the Hockey East 3-star Award include Tim Doherty and Jeremy Swayman.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      The finalists for the Hockey East 3-star Award include Tim Doherty and Jeremy Swayman.
      I think Swayman has done everything possible for Maine this year...still think he could garner POY in Hockey East(imo only).

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Do we know what dohertys plans are next year? I understand he has one more year of eligibility.
        Curious if he has been accepted into a grad program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          Will there be FAN's @ Alfond..? This weekend..?
          I would speculate yes.
          But I'm thinking no for next weekend at the garden.
          Which really s..ks if by chance Maine comes out ahead this weekend.
          Last edited by NorthMike; 03-11-2020, 02:47 PM.

Comment

https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/3...al_Series.aspx

ORONO, Maine -- As of Wednesday afternoon, the University of Maine men's ice hockey quarterfinal series with UConn will occur as scheduled. Maine and UConn will open the series on Friday, March 13 at 7 p.m. before meeting in game two on Saturday, March 14 at 6 p.m. If necessary, a third game will take place between the two teams on Sunday, March 15 at 6 p.m.

Comment

The UMaine system has cancelled all in-person classes for the remainder of spring semester and will be sending students home.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                The UMaine system has cancelled all in-person classes for the remainder of spring semester and will be sending students home.
                Instruction will be online for the rest of the semester, Applies to all 7 campuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  Well there, maybe no hockey spectators this weekend.
                  I think I'll just go into self quorantine, give me a reason to not go anywhere and get ready for spring fishing.😁

Comment

Elsewhere, Harvard has decided not to let the hockey team even play at RPI this weekend. The ECAC is deciding if it just gives RPI a bye into the semifinal or reseed the tournament.

The Ivy League has canceled the entire spring sports season.

Still no confirmed cases in Maine and the state seems to have a good handle on reducing the impact when it does hit. I would say it is more likely than not that tomorrow we get an announcement that there will be no fans allowed at Alfond this weekend.

Comment

No fans per Hockey East. Told you guys our one shot at NCAAs would be ruined by this stupid virus

Correction that announcement was UMass only. But I’m sure its only a matter of time
                      Last edited by BoSox3066; 03-11-2020, 03:59 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        No fans per Hockey East. Told you guys our one shot at NCAAs would be ruined by this stupid virus

Correction that announcement was UMass only. But I’m sure its only a matter of time
                        This is happening fast. The NCAA has said no fans at any of its events - including the Frozen Four.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

It may turn out all of the playoffs are canceled.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Ive stood with Blackeye on the rail at Alfond dozens of times way back when Maine was relevant in the natl picture.He used to come from Portland every home game. Now blacki Im not so sure about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Yes, I’ve been out of sorts. Plus I don’t idle well.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              If this is true how can they justify fans at a hockey game? I got good tickets, I wanted to see Sway one more time but...........
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Long time no post, but have been lurking the whole time.
                                I really hope we can get in the Alfond this weekend, have my doubts about any potential HE finals next weekend having spectators. Will see.
                                This team, the Maine fans, especially the Alfond faithful all deserve the excitement of hosting a HE quarter series. Us old timers were spoiled and considered it a normal end to a long season with hotel plans made for HE in Boston then guessing on Worcester, Albany, etc., for regional hotels. Love to get back to that.
                                Ct just matches up with Maine so well, negates the aggressive style we have seen when they are playing well. Hate to see it again require Swayman to stand on his head. No fans, Ct in 3. If we are there, Maine in 3.
                                This is on Red, but please have these guys motivated to play when they hit the ice, not midway through the 2nd period............... That gets old.
                                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                                Just win.....

Comment

Working...
                                X