This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Great effort but Northeastern is just too good. Four straight Hockey East title games.

Now to see how the men do against BU tonight...

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Great effort but Northeastern is just too good. Four straight Hockey East title games.

Yes, they tried hard. Solid season. Good team, enjoyed watching them all season.

Comment

Who do we want? I think I’d enjoy Maine hosting BU. The fans would love that!

Comment

It would be our luck to actually get back in the ncaa tournament and have the **** thing cancelled on the corona

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Maine would be best off playing BU. The Terriers are higher rated and wins over them with boost the RPI more than wins over UConn. Looking at the recent history, a matchup with BU would be more advantageous too. Maine can go over .500 against BU in the Gendron Era with a sweep, whereas UConn has been a tough nut to crack since the Huskies joined Hockey East. This season Maine has a winning record against BU but UConn not only has a better record against Maine but is the only visiting team to win at Alfond this season.

Go Terriers!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              It would be our luck to actually get back in the ncaa tournament and have the **** thing cancelled on the corona
              The NCAA likely wouldn't cancel the tournament but instead follow what Hockey East did in 1990 and play the games without fans in attendance.

Comment

The NCAA likely wouldn't cancel the tournament but instead follow what Hockey East did in 1990 and play the games without fans in attendance.
                Why was the 1990 tournament played without fans? And does that mean there were no witnesses to Maine beating Lowell 16-0?

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  Why was the 1990 tournament played without fans? And does that mean there were no witnesses to Maine beating Lowell 16-0?
                  Measles ?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

A measles outbreak on the campus in Orono. The Hockey East semis and finals were moved to Conte Forum.
                    Last edited by ticapnews; 03-07-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      No I witnessed that massacre 😜
                      Maine was just that good. Filthy good, almost spiney good
                      Last edited by acs64; 03-07-2020, 03:17 PM.
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        No I witnessed that massacre ��
                        Maine was just that good. Filthy good, almost spiney good
                        Crazy to think that for as good as the program was at that point they hadn't even peaked yet.

Comment

Well, to whichever one of you said you always thought Cavanaugh would take UConn to the Garden before Red took Maine there, you'll find out this coming weekend...

Comment

It is pretty much everywhere except Wyoming, which I don't think actually exists. It is just a way to get two Repub votes in the Senate.

Comment

Well, to whichever one of you said you always thought Cavanaugh would take UConn to the Garden before Red took Maine there, you'll find out this coming weekend...
                              I have a 2:1 bet with a writer from the globe UConn won’t make it through Orono. Gulp.

Comment

That was me. I may be "eating crow". Maine may very well win Hockey East or make the NCAA tournament (or both); if they do, it's because Swayman is invincible. This Maine team does not have the offensive skill in more than one line to score more than 2-3 goals a game against good goal tending. Maine can't afford Swayman to be just good, he has to be outstanding every game. Vomacka is good but not as good as Swayman. Based on the last game (I was there), I saw at Alfond against UConn it will probably go 3 games. IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X