X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Well, to whichever one of you said you always thought Cavanaugh would take UConn to the Garden before Red took Maine there, you'll find out this coming weekend...
    If Maine gets there, it won't be about Red.

Comment

BlackI, I was going to email you but I see you've disabled emails from admins. Two things.

1. Do you mind keeping your inane babble to this thread? No need to harass people in other threads or try to pick fights with them. Try having conversations with them.
      2. Can you lay off the Covid-19 crap? We've been getting reports you've either been hacked or are a bot.

Next time... let's not have a next time, shall we?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        If Maine gets there, it won't be about Red.
        I agree. But then again, if the team makes it to the Garden and the NCAA tournament he deserves some credit.

Comment

This series will come down to goaltending...Maine has the plus there but don't count out UConn's Vomacka...Home ice will be a key also for Maine, UConn has speed/size and strength...Maine needs to score, plain and simple...1 and 2 goals per game could end Maine's season....if they can muster 3 goals and if more which would be a plus...I have faith they can beat UConn. Both teams are coming in with upswings in there season. Should be tight games and could very well go to a 3 game series. Bottom line it sure is nice to be playing playoff hockey at home.

Comment

Beat the commies!
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              Beat the commies!
              I know huh? Its like playing the old CCCP
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                This series will come down to goaltending...Maine has the plus there but don't count out UConn's Vomacka...Home ice will be a key also for Maine, UConn has speed/size and strength...Maine needs to score, plain and simple...1 and 2 goals per game could end Maine's season....if they can muster 3 goals and if more which would be a plus...I have faith they can beat UConn. Both teams are coming in with upswings in there season. Should be tight games and could very well go to a 3 game series. Bottom line it sure is nice to be playing playoff hockey at home.
                Good luck you guys. Hope you make it to the Garden.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Lake Superior has a chance to help Maine and the other bubble teams by ending Bemidji's season today. It would also be beneficial if Minnesota eliminated Notre Dame and Yale won this OT thriller against Union.

ETA: And Robert Morris over Holy Cross in the AHA.

Yale has won in 2OT.
                  Last edited by ticapnews; 03-08-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I wonder if fans will be allowed to watch UConn vs Maine this weekend??
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      They sure were allowed into the Pit today!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        We'll likely find out Wednesday. The state is supposed to roll out testing and safety procedures. One of those might be eliminating crowds of a certain size (usually 1000) which means UMaine athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                          They sure were allowed into the Pit today!
                          The women win? I guess they did, Amy Vachon is the best coach on campus.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            The women win? I guess they did, Amy Vachon is the best coach on campus.
                            Looks like next game is Friday at 5 pm against Stoney Brook on their court.

They have it listed for ESPNU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Lake Superior has a chance to help Maine and the other bubble teams by ending Bemidji's season today. It would also be beneficial if Minnesota eliminated Notre Dame and Yale won this OT thriller against Union.

ETA: And Robert Morris over Holy Cross in the AHA.

Yale has won in 2OT.
                              So did 3/4 games go our way, with the exception of LSSU dropping the game against Bemidji?

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                So did 3/4 games go our way, with the exception of LSSU dropping the game against Bemidji?
                                Correct. So Maine remains 15. Could have gone to 14 if Bemidji had lost. It also would have gotten rid of a bubble team.

Comment

Working...
                                X