• Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Shore and Gus together now. Thats gfun

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      I'll be pleasantly shocked if they can come up with something better than a split. I'm thinking home ice split here.
      That absence didn't affect you a bit, did it? Still razor shahp.
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Kind of a one trick pony.

He is a good all around player has some size, quick. He reads the ice well knows where to make a play and has good hands.

He doesn't seem to fit in the line he is in and what red has him doing. Untapped potential I believe.
        He played well early in the year in the line with fossier.
        Last edited by NorthMike; 02-24-2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

I'll be pleasantly shocked if they can come up with something better than a split.
          Me too.

I'm a KRACH guy, just on the basis of its predictive accuracy.

Maine is #24 KRACH, which is about where Maine belongs, IMO. (That meteoric rise over the BC weekend didn't make much sense, as far as the sniff-test went.)

Swayman might keep this team on his back, possibly even to the NCAA's, and on to the FF...

I have serious doubts about that, though. I'm certainly not ordering my Regional tickets in advance.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-24-2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Me too.

I'm a KRACH guy, just on the basis of its predictive accuracy.

Maine is #24 KRACH, which is about where Maine belongs, IMO. (That meteoric rise over the BC weekend didn't make much sense, as far as the sniff-test went.)

Swayman might keep this team on his back, possibly even to the NCAA's, and on to the FF...

I have serious doubts about that, though. I'm certainly not ordering my Regional tickets in advance.
            I think that Swayman can carry this team to a first round win in the Quarterfinals of Hockey East..but after that...they would have a chance but slim in winning a game in Boston...and without a Auto-Bid the season would and will end in Boston. ALOT better then many to all of us would have thought after the 7-0 drubbing by Providence to open the season. Now if they can only get Home ice for the 1st round.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
              That absence didn't affect you a bit, did it? Still razor shahp.
              You betcha 😜
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I'll be pleasantly shocked if they can come up with something better than a split. I'm thinking home ice split here.
                UNH fans are hoping for a sweep! Let's go Black Bears!!!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  UNH fans are hoping for a sweep! Let's go Black Bears!!!
                  Should I screencap this? Y'know, for safe keeping...

Comment

Sounds like Swayman is definitely gone. Hopefully the kid who just committed is good.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Sounds like Swayman is definitely gone. Hopefully the kid who just committed is good.
                      That's the word on the street I've been hearing as well, as soon as the final horn sounds on Maine's last game Swayman will be out of town.

And a kid just committed? Did I miss recruit news?

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        Should I screencap this? Y'know, for safe keeping...
                        haha be my guest...I'm sure it will not be something you'll see from me very often. Of course, we gotta do our part (but that's for our thread)
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          He'd better be better than merely "good", or we're definitely looking at another Red-style sh*t season next year.

Comment

• for all of the nurses, doctors, first responders, military I would like to thank you ...

https://youtu.be/w-u4MbDhpH8

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              He'd better be better than merely "good", or we're definitely looking at another Red-style sh*t season next year.
                              That's why you have to ENJOY every bit of this season...with a incoming recruit netminder and the Freshman that will be in his second season with no or very little game time exposure...you can expect some growing pains big time...but that's for NEXT October...the task at hand...keep winning and get Home ice for the QF's.

Comment

Good for Swayman, you can't ask anymore than what he has done for the team. Be cool to see him play for the Bruins.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X