X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Good for Swayman, you can't ask anymore than what he has done for the team. Be cool to see him play for the Bruins.
    Unfortunately for him, it will be the Providence Bruins for quite some time. Too much depth at the NHL level.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Doherty; what a great young man. Really nice to see the guys get involved in the community.

https://***********/MaineIceHockey/s...967735296?s=20

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Unfortunately for him, it will be the Providence Bruins for quite some time. Too much depth at the NHL level.
        It might not be as long as you think. Halak is probably gone this summer from the cap crunch, and Tuukka is no spring chicken anymore and has tossed around the R-word here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
          That's the word on the street I've been hearing as well, as soon as the final horn sounds on Maine's last game Swayman will be out of town.

And a kid just committed? Did I miss recruit news?
          2000 birth year kid from Sweden, plays for Chicago Steel. 6 ft 4in.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Your age and my size?
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              2.33 and a .911 in the USHL, not bad. For reference, Swayman had a 2.90 and a .914 in his one USHL season. Looks like a solid get, and I still also have faith in Thiessen.

Comment

2.33 and a .911 in the USHL, not bad. For reference, Swayman had a 2.90 and a .914 in his one USHL season. Looks like a solid get, and I still also have faith in Thiessen.
                Nothing wrong with a tandem, especially that both will have to experience the College game with little playing time to get up to speed with the game at the next level. Thiessen will benefit with this year under his belt with practice and getting the feel of the game from the bench. I would not be surprised to see both make a mark at Maine.

Comment

I have a question for anyone out there...was checking on Victor Ostman, when did he commit to Maine..? I did not see his name on the list coming to Maine...I do know that changes each and every day...just never heard his name mentioned, had heard that Josh Langford was coming in but not next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    I have a question for anyone out there...was checking on Victor Ostman, when did he commit to Maine..? I did not see his name on the list coming to Maine...I do know that changes each and every day...just never heard his name mentioned, had heard that Josh Langford was coming in but not next year.
                    Line chart for today's Chicago Steel game has a Maine logo by Ostman's name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      According to Elite Prospects, the commitment was announced today.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                        Line chart for today's Chicago Steel game has a Maine logo by Ostman's name.
                        Thanks

Comment

According to Elite Prospects, the commitment was announced today.
                          Thanks

Comment

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/02/...box=1582752833

Maine is 1-19-1 in its last 21 games against PC. Wow, remember when Maine did that to teams?
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Maine is 1-19-1 in its last 21 games against PC. Wow, remember when Maine did that to teams?
                              Yep sure do
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

There was a stretch from from '87 to '95 where Maine went 27-4-1 against PC. Been a longgggg time.

Comment

Working...
                                X