X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    He has been on the third line a lot lately. Shea has been playing in his place on the first line. I think they chose balanced lines over loading the top line. I know I would rather have Tralmaks on the first line. But others have voiced they think it is better with balanced lines. I tend to think if you can give your best shot at scoring five on five, then with Swayman you will be in the games and win most. Of course, the players need to play with discipline and avoid giving up too many power plays.
    It's definitely a tough call. Maine has too few scorers to go around, no matter how you slice it.

I think I'd rather have Tralmax back on the 1st line, though. Shea has good wheels and strength, but bad hands. He reminds me of Bells.

Front-load the team, and see what happens. Neither approach has made any difference in either case, truly, but that's the way I'd go right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      IMO the rules are far more equitable now than when every region was guaranteed a bid. Now, the CWS field is essentially chosen on merit alone.

Having said that, it was a hell of a lot more fun when a Maine or a LeMoyne or a St. John's was in Omaha, and that possibility certainly had to help with recruiting up here.
      That is true, equitable was a poor word choice. The rules are as they should be. Previously they were skewed in the favor of cold weather schools.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
        That is true, equitable was a poor word choice. The rules are as they should be. Previously they were skewed in the favor of cold weather schools.
        It sure makes for a less interesting CWS, though, when every team is from the SEC/ ACC/ Pac-10... Still, the current system if pretty fair.

Perhaps you're right in saying that Maine should cut baseball, softball, etc. and put the money into hockey, hoops, field hockey. The Spring sports have been throwing good money after bad for years and years now. Hard to make a logical point in support of continuing to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          It's definitely a tough call. Maine has too few scorers to go around, no matter how you slice it.

I think I'd rather have Tralmax back on the 1st line, though. Shea has good wheels and strength, but bad hands. He reminds me of Bells.

Front-load the team, and see what happens. Neither approach has made any difference in either case, truly, but that's the way I'd go right now.

Well I know what I would do as a plant manager. Gear up. For manufacturing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Well I know what I would do as a plant manager. Gear up. For manufacturing.
            Every smart investor knew this was coming. And also can take full advantage of a normal and unsuspecting person.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              Lol, can’t disagree
              I love you and respect you as a Maine Engineer. Anyone that has spent time up on top of that bridge in Bucksport knows.

Comment

I love you and respect you as a Maine Engineer. Anyone that has spent time up on top of that bridge in Bucksport knows.
                The fact of the matter is no matter how hard we run engineering ... we are always considered ****.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/icY5cPsMOOo

Comment

The fact of the matter is no matter how hard we run engineering ... we are always considered ****.
                    Truth be told. I want Alfie as head coach. He is amazing.

Comment

Truths be told Trump is doing a better job than I thought he was capable of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        It sure makes for a less interesting CWS, though, when every team is from the SEC/ ACC/ Pac-10... Still, the current system if pretty fair.

Perhaps you're right in saying that Maine should cut baseball, softball, etc. and put the money into hockey, hoops, field hockey. The Spring sports have been throwing good money after bad for years and years now. Hard to make a logical point in support of continuing to do so.
                        “For years and years” Steve Trimper had a helluva lot better than Red ever has or will. OK maybe the replacement isn’t up for the job doesn’t mean they should cancel the program. Softball was in the conference title game twice in the last 5 years what other sport can say that? Womens basketball. So lets cancel everything except them then.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Story about Swayman.
                          https://theathletic.com/1649387/2020...rce=dailyemail
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            With that article...I would figure there's a real good chance that Swayman leaves after the season is done for Maine...good for him, he's does everything he could possibly do to win at Maine...he's Maine's MVP this season and should get some consideration for POY in Hockey East(just imo).

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              He is? How so?

Comment

Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
                                Lowell and Connecticut both have the tiebreaker vs. Maine. Maine has the tiebreaker vs. BU.
                                Those are easy. The question really came in with the potential three-way ties. ME-BU-Lowell or ME-BU-PU. Maine comes out on top of the heap of the former by being 2-0 vs. BC (assuming BC wins HE). And comes in at the bottom of the latter due to H2H record.
                                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X