This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

I can appreciate your collective paranoia, but Vermont is truly a bad team. After watching my ‘Cats, playing poorly and missing three starting forwards, sweep them, you guys will have no trouble doing the same at Alfond.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
      I can appreciate your collective paranoia, but Vermont is truly a bad team. After watching my ‘Cats, playing poorly and missing three starting forwards, sweep them, you guys will have no trouble doing the same at Alfond.
      Maine couldn't even sweep St. Lawrence. Don't underestimate their ability to give away easy wins.

Comment

I've got no faith that Maine could sweep a gym right about now.
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Seems to be lots of negativity regarding a team that, in the grand scheme of things, is still playing well...

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            Seems to be lots of negativity regarding a team that, in the grand scheme of things, is still playing well...
            The team has lost all benefit of the doubt. Want positivity? I'm like someone from the Great State of Kansas: Show me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              The team has lost all benefit of the doubt. Want positivity? I'm like someone from the Great State of Kansas: Show me.

I see what you did there...

Comment

I believe that Missouri is the Show-Me state, not Kansas. But why did they lose the benefit of the doubt? From *one* tough loss to a team that's on a run? The last time they lost a game other than to Connecticut was on December 10. The last time they lost a Hockey East game to a team other than them was December 7. They've beaten some quality opponents both in this recent stretch and early on in the season. Yes, they are highly volatile in the quality of their play, but on the whole they are undoubtedly better this year than any other team in recent memory. Even if you don't believe in them, even if you think this year is a fluke and next year they will be awful, even if you have no faith in Red in the long term, why can't you accept that in the present, in the now, the team has objectively been playing well and is in a prime position to make the big tournament for the first time in 8 seasons? Just have fun with what we are currently seeing. Enjoy the ride while it is lasting, and suspend your disbelief for a bit. It might turn out to be enjoyable.

Comment

And my last post isn't meant to have any ill-will or hard feelings, I just think the team deserves more credit than it gets around here, and that we should enjoy the good play we've been seeing and not be so quick to cast them in doubt.

Comment

I believe that Missouri is the Show-Me state, not Kansas. But why did they lose the benefit of the doubt? From *one* tough loss to a team that's on a run? The last time they lost a game other than to Connecticut was on December 10. The last time they lost a Hockey East game to a team other than them was December 7. They've beaten some quality opponents both in this recent stretch and early on in the season. Yes, they are highly volatile in the quality of their play, but on the whole they are undoubtedly better this year than any other team in recent memory. Even if you don't believe in them, even if you think this year is a fluke and next year they will be awful, even if you have no faith in Red in the long term, why can't you accept that in the present, in the now, the team has objectively been playing well and is in a prime position to make the big tournament for the first time in 8 seasons? Just have fun with what we are currently seeing. Enjoy the ride while it is lasting, and suspend your disbelief for a bit. It might turn out to be enjoyable.
                    KRACH - Opponent - Result
                    34 - Connecticut - Loss
                    34 - Connecticut - Loss
                    40 - Yale - Loss
                    59 - St. Lawrence - Tie

Great-State-of-Kansas

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
                      I see what you did there...
                      Shhhh. Don't tell. Some people don't get it

Comment

34 - Connecticut - Loss
                        34 - Connecticut - Loss
                        40 - Yale - Loss
                        59 - St. Lawrence - Tie

Great-State-of-Kansas
                        6 - Boston College - Win
                        6 - Boston College - Win
                        16 - Northeastern - Win
                        21 - Mass-Lowell - Tie
                        22 - Quinnipiac - Win

They've got just as many good wins/ties as bad losses/ties.

Comment

6 - Boston College - Win
                          6 - Boston College - Win
                          16 - Northeastern - Win
                          21 - Mass-Lowell - Tie
                          22 - Quinnipiac - Win

They've got just as many good wins/ties as bad losses/ties.
                          So when they play 57th ranked Vermont, which games are more relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Can never be watched enough. Best sporting event in my lifetime
                            https://youtu.be/qSkc6c35A4Q
                            Yes it never gets old. I was working that Sunday morning and slipped home to watch it on Canadian TV. The only time since I have been that excited was in April 1993 at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                              Yes it never gets old. I was working that Sunday morning and slipped home to watch it on Canadian TV. The only time since I have been that excited was in April 1993 at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee.
                              What happened then?
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                                What happened then?
                                The Bucks retired Kareem's number.

Comment

Working...
                                X