Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    Fans are energized
    I know I was airborne... That was a helluva great game if you like nail biters.

Black Bear since D-2

Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Back in the mix? Good deal.

Never Forget!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Tied for third now, right?
    Tied for fourth. BC and UMA are tied atop Hockey East, BU a point behind in third. Then Maine and Lowell a point behind. Then Northeastern and Providence a point behind. UConn in eighth, another point behind. UNH ninth, another point behind. First and ninth separated by five points.

However, BC and NU have only played 18 games; UMA, BU, Lowell, and UConn have played 19; Maine, UNH and PC 20.

Based on winning percentage, Maine is sixth.

Never Forget!

Maine back in the tournament.

Albany bracket:
    Maine vs Cornell
    Clarkson vs Northeastern

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Maine back in the tournament.

Albany bracket:
    Maine vs Cornell
    Clarkson vs Northeastern
    Probably won't hold-up, but I hope it does. That would be very entertaining, and probably well-attended.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Well couldn’t see his skates but the goalies face was buried in Tralmaks’ hind end. Then got kind of take down. Seemed like a good no goal call if I am being honest.
    Sucks they never showed goaline cam, they started to and then stopped. If Tralmaks was in crease, it was his skates and not much more. I though goalie was trying to get up high to cut off angle and ran into Tralmaks who was out of or a skate into the crease? That camera angle would have showed what happened.

Not much talk about Swaymans shut out, he has played so well all year its just a ho hum event I thinks thats his first SO of the year?

Big win, thought they played better in 3rd. Got more physical as game went on. PK with 6 minutes left in 3rd was a thing of beauty. Still lacking offense other than 1st line.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Sucks they never showed goaline cam, they started to and then stopped. If Tralmaks was in crease, it was his skates and not much more. I though goalie was trying to get up high to cut off angle and ran into Tralmaks who was out of or a skate into the crease? That camera angle would have showed what happened.

Not much talk about Swaymans shut out, he has played so well all year its just a ho hum event I thinks thats his first SO of the year?

Big win, thought they played better in 3rd. Got more physical as game went on. PK with 6 minutes left in 3rd was a thing of beauty. Still lacking offense other than 1st line.
    A very big win! You are right on about Swayman. He played another great game and won another game for Maine. UConn out shot Maine 41-26. Without him Maine loses.

University of Maine Class of 2020

I think one of the most important factors for Maine for the rest of the year from this point will be if the second line can chip in offense more routinely. Them getting hot was a big factor in the win streak we had going on. It would especially help if JSS could get off the milk carton and back on the ice, he was white hot to start the year then has been invisible since November.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Next question will Maine play like they did in 3rd last night or in 1st period Friday night against a hungry Vermont team. ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Next question will Maine play like they did in 3rd last night or in 1st period Friday night against a hungry Vermont team. ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The way things usually go in this type situation I’d be happy with 3 points. Vermont not only hungry but due. Dangerous weekend

Quote Originally Posted by acs64 View Post
    The way things usually go in this type situation I’d be happy with 3 points. Vermont not only hungry but due. Dangerous weekend
    I would agree. Vermont will not want to go through an entire season without a HE win. I would suspect they will come in to Alfond arena ready to play. Also the last few games for Sneddon, whatever that may mean.

So can anyone explain the disallowed goal. If Tralmaks was out of the crease how is it interference? It looked like UConn goalie came out to cut off angle of shooter and hit Tralmaks. Now if Tralmaks is out of the crease why is it interference? If Tralmaks has a skate in the crease then I understand it. Sucks they never showed the goal line cam view.
    Exactly what I thought.

Basically you are saying the goalie did the equivalent of a butt fumble. Could be.

If Cavanaugh has a Vomacka tattoo on his shoulder... then league needs to look into it.

Black Bear since D-2

Well, Maine scored once. Anything North of zero is gravy for this team.

As awful as the O is, I'm still thinking that the NCAA's are possible, depending on whether or not they can win one series in the HE playoffs.

Still a few weeks away from Hockey East Playoffs, but if season ended today I would say anyone facing UConn or Maine would be in for a tough 3 game series.

Thread Information