X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
    Long time no post, but have been lurking the whole time.
    I really hope we can get in the Alfond this weekend, have my doubts about any potential HE finals next weekend having spectators. Will see.
    This team, the Maine fans, especially the Alfond faithful all deserve the excitement of hosting a HE quarter series. Us old timers were spoiled and considered it a normal end to a long season with hotel plans made for HE in Boston then guessing on Worcester, Albany, etc., for regional hotels. Love to get back to that.
    Ct just matches up with Maine so well, negates the aggressive style we have seen when they are playing well. Hate to see it again require Swayman to stand on his head. No fans, Ct in 3. If we are there, Maine in 3.
    This is on Red, but please have these guys motivated to play when they hit the ice, not midway through the 2nd period............... That gets old.
    Long time no see stranger! Miss seeing you at the games.

That midway through the second strategy is what killed them on the road at Providence. They took too long to get the dump and chase board play going and couldn't quite recover.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
      Long time no see stranger! Miss seeing you at the games.

That midway through the second strategy is what killed them on the road at Providence. They took too long to get the dump and chase board play going and couldn't quite recover.
      Back at ya T!!! Moved over to first row alongside the sin bins this year. You still doing the Corp business in PA? If allowed to attend, you might see them in Allentown!
      Me, I'm doing the full on retire thing, but traveling alot with my wife on her RR business.
      These boys need to come out running on all cylinders, score a couple, then let the big guy shut em down in net.
      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
      Just win.....

Comment

Back at ya T!!! Moved over to first row alongside the sin bins this year. You still doing the Corp business in PA? If allowed to attend, you might see them in Allentown!
        Me, I'm doing the full on retire thing, but traveling alot with my wife on her RR business.
        These boys need to come out running on all cylinders, score a couple, then let the big guy shut em down in net.
        Yup, I'm still on the corporate design team down here. Still have Bangor as one of my properties so you'll still see my design work if you're there to visit and toss on a red jacket for old times sake haha. Check your rep and reach out some time!

I was hoping they'd get the Allentown regional, because it's so close to me (like 25 minutes), but I'm not sure what it would take.

Maybe ticap would know a potential scenario?

Comment

Dear BlackI,

I have been here all along, reading your posts, trying to envision just what your choice of intoxicant is as the night progresses. I believe you have been on here a long time, maybe under a previous User name?
          Regardless, I find you entertaining and very knowledgeable and keep on doing what you do. During the season, I look forward to my morning coffee and checking in here to see how your late night posts evolved and also hockey news/updates.
          My only suggestion, just that, a suggestion, is at times you should back off on Fishman81 as he too has been around for a long time. He has earned his right to b*itch about the hockey program slide to mediocrity.
          Wonder if you were here when we had to deal with BC/BU posters like Chris(and aliases). Sure could have used your late night postings back then. LOL
          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
          Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI
            Stay up home.
            I'm young and youthful, not worried about no dang virus

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
              Dear BlackI,

I have been here all along, reading your posts, trying to envision just what your choice of intoxicant is as the night progresses. I believe you have been on here a long time, maybe under a previous User name?
              Regardless, I find you entertaining and very knowledgeable and keep on doing what you do. During the season, I look forward to my morning coffee and checking in here to see how your late night posts evolved and also hockey news/updates.
              My only suggestion, just that, a suggestion, is at times you should back off on Fishman81 as he too has been around for a long time. He has earned his right to b*itch about the hockey program slide to mediocrity.
              Wonder if you were here when we had to deal with BC/BU posters like Chris(and aliases). Sure could have used your late night postings back then. LOL
              Don’t believe them.

Comment

NBA just shut down, weekend at Alfond is in jeopardy even more.
                Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                  Yup, I'm still on the corporate design team down here. Still have Bangor as one of my properties so you'll still see my design work if you're there to visit and toss on a red jacket for old times sake haha. Check your rep and reach out some time!

I was hoping they'd get the Allentown regional, because it's so close to me (like 25 minutes), but I'm not sure what it would take.

Maybe ticap would know a potential scenario?
                  Won't take a lot of imagination

If the favorites win the remaining games, but Maine pulls an upset over BC in the semis (before losing to UMass) then Maine is 11. Pedo State is 7 and Ohio State 10. The natural 2-7-10-15 bracket won't be possible because OSU/PSU and other regions are unavailable because BC and UMA are 2 seeds. So Maine would play PSU in Allentown.

Of course, odds are that we'll hear tomorrow that the season is over. Best case scenario is the games go on without fans and maybe the conferences move the SF/F to Conte Forum to cut down on expenses.
                  Last edited by ticapnews; 03-11-2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Every other series in Hockey East will be played without fans. All of them are also in Massachusetts, which has been hit. Maine (so far) has not. However, the NBA just announced that after tonight's games the season is suspended. Won't take long for other leagues and sports to follow suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Every other series in Hockey East will be played without fans. All of them are also in Massachusetts, which has been hit. Maine (so far) has not. However, the NBA just announced that after tonight's games the season is suspended. Won't take long for other leagues and sports to follow suit.
                      NBA had a player test positive. Until other lgs have players test positive..... then again the Jazz have visited mixed arenas so they probably spread to NHL anyway....

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        NBA had a player test positive. Until other lgs have players test positive..... then again the Jazz have visited mixed arenas so they probably spread to NHL anyway....
                        All 30 teams are connected over the last 5 days: https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/...461530112?s=20

By quick count, 9 of them share NHL/NBA arenas.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          The Pelicans-Kings game was supposed to air on ESPN tonight but the teams never left the locker rooms. Apparently one of the assigned refs also did the Utah game Monday and was exposed.

No way this weekend at Alfond continues as planned.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                            All 30 teams are connected over the last 5 days: https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/...461530112?s=20

By quick count, 9 of them share NHL/NBA arenas.
                            And how many of those teams have interacted with other teams? Plus the referees.

USA Hockey also canceled...well, everything.

Comment

Dear BlackI,

Been a while Wayup, but I remember you too.

(Thanks for your support, but I don't have my feelings hurt by Blacked-out's drunken gibberish. Pretty sure that none of us pay much attention to him when he's on a bender, and he's usually on a bender.)

One thing about this year that I appreciate very much is that some of you guys have come back to say hello. That's been fun. Be well and GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                And how many of those teams have interacted with other teams? Plus the referees.

USA Hockey also canceled...well, everything.
                                Rudy Gobert played in Boston and Detroit both of which have NHL and NBA teams in the same arena.

Tampa played against both teams this week before flying to Toronto which is home to two teams.

Bruins played against the Flyers last night, while Detroit played the Carolina Hurricanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X