X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    He is? How so?
    Yup, all I know is with openings at Merrimack and now VT for head coaches, Maine's assistants names weren't/aren't mentioned as top candidates are they.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 03-03-2020, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      He is? How so?
      The goaltending has been great and the goaltending in waiting are highly rated. So it seems he is able to recruit and coach well. I think he should get credit for recruiting Keeper. I am not sure how many other players he has recruited. How would anyone say he hasn’t done a good job?

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
        Yup, all I know is with openings at Merrimack and now VT for head coaches,.......
        Scott Borek is leaving Merrimack?

Comment

• Swayman is hockey east goalie of the month...

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/articles/2020/03/alex-newhook-named-hockey-east-player-of-the-month.php

Comment

• So, is this Dohertys last season? I’m not sure if he is being honored as a senior this week. It seems like he didn’t play any games at Brown.

Comment

Providence and Maine both win the tiebreaker vs. BU and Providence wins the tiebreaker vs. Maine. So I think in a 3-way tie it would be Providence, Maine, BU in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
                Providence and Maine both win the tiebreaker vs. BU and Providence wins the tiebreaker vs. Maine. So I think in a 3-way tie it would be Providence, Maine, BU in that order.
                Yes. A 3-way tie at 25 is
                5 PC
                6 ME
                7 BU

The only worse result would be Northeastern getting to 25 with a sweep of BU and a loss to PC. Then a 3-way at 25 is

5 PC
                6 NU
                7 ME

or BU gets to 26 points and passes both PC and Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  5 PC
                  6 ME
                  7 BU

The only worse result would be Northeastern getting to 25 with a sweep of BU and a loss to PC. Then a 3-way at 25 is

5 PC
                  6 NU
                  7 ME

If Northeastern somehow winds up with 25 points, wouldn’t they step ahead of PC after having won two of three games against them?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    5 PC
                    6 ME
                    7 BU

5 PC
                    6 NU
                    7 ME

NU won the season series with PC. Wouldn’t they step ahead of them in the unlikely event of a tie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Scott Borek is leaving Merrimack?
                      Oh, I meant when they had the opening, what a year ago now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        So, is this Dohertys last season? I’m not sure if he is being honored as a senior this week. It seems like he didn’t play any games at Brown.
                        Thought I heard this was his last season, not sure how that figures.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          “For years and years” Steve Trimper had a helluva lot better than Red ever has or will. OK maybe the replacement isn’t up for the job doesn’t mean they should cancel the program. Softball was in the conference title game twice in the last 5 years what other sport can say that? Womens basketball. So lets cancel everything except them then.
                          Well, I never defend Red, and I like the Spring sports, too. We actually attend baseball Maine games at Albany and Binghamton!

I commented out of depression. Too late to delete it, but that's all it was.

Still, it might make some sense for Northeastern colleges to send the money where it has a chance to pay off.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-03-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            The fact of the matter is no matter how hard we run engineering ... we are always considered ****.
                            Tell you what: if you engineer a bridge, kindly let us know where it is, and please pave a "Park and Swim" lot on both sides of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                              If Northeastern somehow winds up with 25 points, wouldn’t they step ahead of PC after having won two of three games against them?
                              Correct. Kind of. I am on my phone so can't see the H2H results. I thought they split 1-1.

In a 3-way tie you take each team's results against the other teams. PC and NU are both 4-2 so the next tiebreaker is league wins. NU would have 12 while Maine and PC have 11. So NU would win.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                The goaltending has been great and the goaltending in waiting are highly rated. So it seems he is able to recruit and coach well. I think he should get credit for recruiting Keeper. I am not sure how many other players he has recruited. How would anyone say he hasn’t done a good job?
                                So if the rumor of a Gendron retirement...and I might add a rumor...if so...you would want Michaud as the next Head Coach? No search just slid right in and go from there...

Comment

Working...
                                X