• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big thanks need go out for Lowell.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      He's right up there for sure, in his past two years.
      Just checked the media guide. Swayman is smashing Scott King's career saves record by over 1000 in 3 years. Holds #1-3 spots for most saves in a season (960, 1071, 1099 and counting). Second in the country in sv %, and the leader has 450 less saves. Smashed the career minutes record for maine. Will finish with second-best sv% in a season after Howard's record-setting campaign, and second-best career sv%. I certainly think if we compare the teams Howard, Snow, Michaud, Doyle had in front of them, Swayman is simply the best we've seen. He simply makes it look easy, between the 2 breakaways and 4-6 other unbelievable saves. Truly a joy to watch these past few years... certainly seems like next weekend will be his last at Alfond. He's certainly made the best of a so-so situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac910 View Post
        Just checked the media guide. Swayman is smashing Scott King's career saves record by over 1000 in 3 years. Holds #1-3 spots for most saves in a season (960, 1071, 1099 and counting). Second in the country in sv %, and the leader has 450 less saves. Smashed the career minutes record for maine. Will finish with second-best sv% in a season after Howard's record-setting campaign, and second-best career sv%. I certainly think if we compare the teams Howard, Snow, Michaud, Doyle had in front of them, Swayman is simply the best we've seen. He simply makes it look easy, between the 2 breakaways and 4-6 other unbelievable saves. Truly a joy to watch these past few years... certainly seems like next weekend will be his last at Alfond. He's certainly made the best of a so-so situation.
        It's a bit of an apples/oranges deal, but I basically agree with you.

Swayman hasn't ever had any real talent in front of him, and that certainly supports your argument. (Jimmy, et al, certainly did.)

Jeremy has had to carry this feeble team for a couple of years, and he's been amazing.

Hard to rank all the outstanding Maine goalies over the years, but I think it's safe to say that Sway has done the most with the least to work with.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          He wanted someone intelligent to talk to
          Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Yes.
            I talk with Wally because he’s smart.

Comment

• Watch what happens.... heed my word....
              https://youtu.be/t3jf9_rua5Q

Comment

• Wally is a spark chaser too.
                Last edited by BlackI; 03-07-2020, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Wally is a spark chaser too.
                  Actually truth be told I’m am a moron. the rest of time I am a genius 🙈✌️😎.

Comment

Actually truth be told I’m am a moron. the rest of time I am a genius 🙈✌️😎.
                    https://youtu.be/AqZceAQSJvc

Comment

i take back anything ive ever said about swayman..he was the King of alfond last night..as far as the rest of the team not so much i expected a better performance even against pc but hey they finally beat PC.. now lets see about Uconn

Comment

Originally posted by tony potter View Post
                        i take back anything ive ever said about swayman..he was the King of alfond last night..as far as the rest of the team not so much i expected a better performance even against pc but hey they finally beat PC.. now lets see about Uconn
                        At this point with Swayman, it's moving on from just winning the Richter award and whether he wins the Hobey or not. If Maine just makes it to the NCAA's then he'll have a good shot. I see Kawaguchi as his only competition at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          It's a bit of an apples/oranges deal, but I basically agree with you.

Swayman hasn't ever had any real talent in front of him, and that certainly supports your argument. (Jimmy, et al, certainly did.)

Jeremy has had to carry this feeble team for a couple of years, and he's been amazing.

Hard to rank all the outstanding Maine goalies over the years, but I think it's safe to say that Sway has done the most with the least to work with.
                          What is good about this is...we are comparing how Maine teams used to be and what a good situation Maine has been in and looks right now...top goaltending...I always say you win with goaltending and a solid team defense.

Comment

I'll eat a little crow on saying Maine would whip PC(6-2), but then will take what happen last night...awesome play by Swayman...he has done it over and over all season long. He has carried this team...I also think(fwiw)that Swayman has to be on the list for Hockey East's/Player of the Year...just what he has done...a team no one thought would be anything but a 7th/8th place team barley...if not out of the playoff chase. He's the one that the team has to ride as far as they can...added plus is Home ice next weekend versus BU or UConn.....

Comment

One last tidbit: WOMEN's Hockey today @ 12 noon...semi-finals versus #1 seed Northeastern...on NESNPLUS. Go Maine!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                What is good about this is...we are comparing how Maine teams used to be and what a good situation Maine has been in and looks right now...top goaltending...I always say you win with goaltending and a solid team defense.
                                They don't have solid team defense, Jimmy Howard had solid team defense.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X