X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Tell you what: if you engineer a bridge, kindly let us know where it is, and please pave a "Park and Swim" lot on both sides of it.
    No bridges, he is an EE
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      No search just slid right in and go from there...
      Not a chance, thats how this whole downfall happened. Do a search, pick the best candidate.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        So if the rumor of a Gendron retirement...and I might add a rumor...if so...you would want Michaud as the next Head Coach? No search just slid right in and go from there...
        No, we would want a search. Who knows who would apply. Maybe there could be a more qualified coach. It might be a pipe dream, but imagine if Jimmy Montgomery applied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Tell you what: if you engineer a bridge, kindly let us know where it is, and please pave a "Park and Swim" lot on both sides of it.
          I chase sparks.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Oh, I meant when they had the opening, what a year ago now.
            Scott Borek was hired 2 years ago as head coach at Merrimack.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Not a chance, thats how this whole downfall happened. Do a search, pick the best candidate.
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                No, we would want a search. Who knows who would apply. Maybe there could be a more qualified coach. It might be a pipe dream, but imagine if Jimmy Montgomery applied.
                You can bet that if there is ever a opening that there will be many that apply.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  Not to make this a hobby horse, but did anyone see what the baseball team "accomplished" this past weekend at Louisiana Tech? Lost 5-1, 15-10, 19-0, 26-3.

Now 0-10 on the season. The softball team beat winless Coppin State to get to 2-7. Neither team they have beat have won a game this year.

What the heck are we doing this for?
                  Amen! The biggest problem is sponsoring enough AE sports. Add back men's soccer....there's one. And volleyball (again ) could be the other. Adding lacrosse would be another spring sport failure in Orono, Maine.....forget about that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    Scott Borek was hired 2 years ago as head coach at Merrimack.
                    Time flies. But my point remains however slightly dated.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Correct. Kind of. I am on my phone so can't see the H2H results. I thought they split 1-1.

In a 3-way tie you take each team's results against the other teams. PC and NU are both 4-2 so the next tiebreaker is league wins. NU would have 12 while Maine and PC have 11. So NU would win.
                      As I understand it, with PC & NU both at 4-2 in the three-way H2H, Maine would fall out of the tie break as the last of these three teams. PC and NU would then continue to the next tie break alone.
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Maine at #26 KRACH , which doesn't matter, but always seems to be more accurate than the PW, after the fact.

Blue needs to go a run, if you ask me... As in, at least a 3-game run.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          As I understand it, with PC & NU both at 4-2 in the three-way H2H, Maine would fall out of the tie break as the last of these three teams. PC and NU would then continue to the next tie break alone.
                          I think Todd (the poster who used to do the Hockey East stuff) asked Hockey East about tiebreakers. Some issues were clarified, some weren't. That is one of the issues that wasn't. I don't believe it has ever come up so we don't have a definitive answer. Hopefully we won't find out on Saturday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI
                            Low dosage of vitamins d helps cut down respatory infection by fifty percent. Ten to twenty micrograms per day.
                            Or, lots of Allen's or Fireball.
                            And
                            Ice fishing

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              Or, lots of Allen's or Fireball.
                              And
                              Ice fishing
                              Noooo ...

Not too much mercury and pathogens.

But sun helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Noooo ...

Not too much mercury and pathogens.

But sun helps.
                                I know it is tuff. But sun light is best way to kill this little ignorant deterrent. Unlock vitamin d.

Comment

Working...
                                X