X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    Starting to hear whispers that Red is retiring at the end of this season.
    Really??? I hope!...but won't believe it till he announces it after the season ends...hoping, but have heard this way too many times in the last two years...BUT interesting to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I'll send him a nice card.
      Hahahaaa...and many others would also…..+1 on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Ahem. UConn.
        Oops. My mistake. It was in my mind as a tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Oops. My mistake. It was in my mind as a tie.
          Too bad it isn't in the standings as a tie!

Comment

I guess donors finally matched Tom and Sally Savages million bucks. Thats good news for the program.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I guess donors finally matched Tom and Sally Savages million bucks. Thats good news for the program.

Yes, successful campaign and should help Maine hockey compete with other programs. The announcement was made over the PA system prior to the start of last night's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                I went to my second and final game of the season last night. Very good attendance at around 4900. Raucous fans and student section pregame. That was the most excitement the entire evening. Maine's passing was off the mark and when the puck was there it was mishandled. Vermont doesn't have any highly skilled players and neither does Maine in my opinion. Hard to believe Maine scored 6 goals the night before. Both teams play good defense in front of good goal tending. Swayman met his match last night in Lekkas.
                Granted Maine didn't play well Saturday, but it really wasn't representative of what they have been capable of lately. They are inconsistent and seem to play up to the level of competition. Their strength has been in playing as a team. The highest skilled forwards include fossier, Tralmaks, Dawe, doherty. You can't say fossier and doherty aren't skilled players, they are in the upper level of points for D1.

Vermonts D was the story Saturday they didn't allow good shots through and minimized any rebound opportunity. I sat behind the goal and never saw any good shots on Lekkas.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  Starting to hear whispers that Red is retiring at the end of this season.
                  Interesting, I have not heard much about his future.
                  Someone on here spread the rumor a while back they heard red had signed an extension. Rumor.

I'd be good with that and hope they don't do something stupid for replacing him. Hope they wouldn't advance one of the assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    Granted Maine didn't play well Saturday, but it really wasn't representative of what they have been capable of lately. They are inconsistent and seem to play up to the level of competition. Their strength has been in playing as a team. The highest skilled forwards include fossier, Tralmaks, Dawe, doherty. You can't say fossier and doherty aren't skilled players, they are in the upper level of points for D1.

Vermonts D was the story Saturday they didn't allow good shots through and minimized any rebound opportunity. I sat behind the goal and never saw any good shots on Lekkas.
                    They have one line of skilled offensive players, stop them and you stop Maine
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      They have Tralmaks on third line now, so looks like they are going for balance. Having said that it is kind of tough to win when you hand the other team two five minute majors. They need discipline more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Yeah, Larry said that on the NESN broadcast yesterday. (I was amazed that he was still doing games, but I'm a bit out of the loop anymore.)

2 mil combined with a Red retirement might just pave the way for a rapid improvement.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-23-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          Yeah, Larry said that on the NESN broadcast yesterday. (I was amazed that he was still doing games, but I'm a bit out of the loop anymore.)

2 mil combined with a Red retirement might just pave the way for a rapid improvement.
                          Bbbabbbbbbabbbbaaabbbaaaaabbbbbbad.

https://youtu.be/dt_8aDOJvtM

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            I think the second line of Schmitty-Poisson-Dawe has a lot of offensive potential, but they just haven't been getting the results aside from perhaps Dawe. But JSS is starting to heat up and get quality chances again, he had a rocket of a shot off the pipe that beat Lekkas clean on Saturday. I think the breakout is coming. If they can start producing some offensive help it will make Maine much tougher to beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              I think the second line of Schmitty-Poisson-Dawe has a lot of offensive potential, but they just haven't been getting the results aside from perhaps Dawe. But JSS is starting to heat up and get quality chances again, he had a rocket of a shot off the pipe that beat Lekkas clean on Saturday. I think the breakout is coming. If they can start producing some offensive help it will make Maine much tougher to beat.
                              They keep blocking jss. He sets up to hammer and they keep blocking. Perhaps our coaching staff could draw up better plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                They keep blocking jss. He sets up to hammer and they keep blocking. Perhaps our coaching staff could draw up better plays.
                                Fine. Love this team.

https://youtu.be/AqZceAQSJvc

Comment

Working...
                                X