Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1001

Thread: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

  1. #981
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,794

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    If they can Red now, Yale needs an Assistant.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  2. #982
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    If they can Red now, Yale needs an Assistant.
    Give him a call.....I don't think his line is busy...……...

  3. #983
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    12,911
    https://bangordailynews.com/2020/03/25/news/bangor/umaine-system-estimates-short-term-loss-from-pandemic-at-20-million/?amp=1

    This seems less than ideal.

  4. #984
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    Well on s different note: Today would have been Maine Baseball home opener versus UML....would have been a decent day in the stands...for the 30 or so regulars

  5. #985
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Well on s different note: Today would have been Maine Baseball home opener versus UML....would have been a decent day in the stands...for the 30 or so regulars
    Yes. You might have seen me there. We used to catch an occasional game, only on nice days.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 03-28-2020 at 05:39 PM.

  6. #986
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    Yes. You might have seen me there. We used to catch an occasional game, only on nice days.
    Most likely...well to all stay healthy...

  7. #987
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    997

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October


  8. #988
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    If and when Covid-19 is away from us all...when we do start up(hopefully in October?)..JSS will be called upon to score goals for a team that goal scoring maybe scarce.

  9. #989
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    39

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    Doherty is officially gone. Off to Penn State for next season.

    Tough loss for the team and the community. I guess you can say it was expected, but it's tough to see a guy pass up on another year at Maine to play somewhere else.

  10. #990
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue51 View Post
    Doherty is officially gone. Off to Penn State for next season.

    Tough loss for the team and the community. I guess you can say it was expected, but it's tough to see a guy pass up on another year at Maine to play somewhere else.
    Just saw that.
    Dam.

  11. #991
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue51 View Post
    Doherty is officially gone. Off to Penn State for next season.

    Tough loss for the team and the community. I guess you can say it was expected, but it's tough to see a guy pass up on another year at Maine to play somewhere else.
    Tough loss for Maine but Iím glad he didnít end up at another hockey East school. Great player for us and did some amazing stuff in the community. Best wishes to him.

  12. #992
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
    Tough loss for Maine but Iím glad he didnít end up at another hockey East school. Great player for us and did some amazing stuff in the community. Best wishes to him.
    Yup, good luck to him. Probably a good move for his hockey career, exposure to big ten and midwest hockey will offer something additional.
    Id probably want to get away from Reds system and style of play.

  13. #993
    There was no joy in Orono.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    2,985

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    Guys used to turn pro after 3 years now they turn to other schools? Whats the advantage? I dont get it. If you want to leave, sign.

    Grad school? Some advanced degree?

  14. #994
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Guys used to turn pro after 3 years now they turn to other schools? Whats the advantage? I dont get it. If you want to leave, sign.

    Grad school? Some advanced degree?
    I just assumed no decent pro offer??

  15. #995
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,261

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    Doherty leaving with a year of eligibility left and not signing with a professional team speaks volumes. It appears that he doesn't have much faith in Maine's performance next season and wants to be with a potential winner. A team that could possibly return to the NCAA tournament would give him more exposure and a better chance to sign a pro contract.

  16. #996
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Doherty leaving with a year of eligibility left and not signing with a professional team speaks volumes. It appears that he doesn't have much faith in Maine's performance next season and wants to be with a potential winner. A team that could possibly return to the NCAA tournament would give him more exposure and a better chance to sign a pro contract.
    Yeah definitely not a great look for the program but I donít think it was due to his lack of faith in Maine next year. With him and Tralmaks back I figured they would put together a decent season.
    I took a couple classes with him at Maine and perceived him to be a pretty good student. It could have to do with him looking to life after hockey. I donít see him as someone with real nhl potential even though heís a great college player. Penn state has a great business school and should provide him with great opportunities outside of hockey.
    Honestly I thought this was his senior year up until a couple weeks ago so Iím not super bent out of shape about it. Letís just hope Tralmaks isnít next.

  17. #997
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,885

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    Academically. PennState UMaine. Not a tough decision especially when he started at Brown

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  18. #998
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    5,015

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    If and when Covid-19 is away from us all...when we do start up(hopefully in October?)..JSS will be called upon to score goals for a team that goal scoring maybe scarce.
    I seriously, seriously doubt that NCAA Fall/Winter sports will be played next season. This sh*t is growing exponentially, even in the Podunks. Might back off for the Summer a bit, but I think it'll get a lot worse than this in the Fall.

  19. #999
    There was no joy in Orono.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    I just assumed no decent pro offer??
    So play your fourth year, join the 100 pt club, be captain, finish what you started and had taken away this year. A top line guy transferring while wearing an A, thats a new one

  20. #1000
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,261

    Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Academically. PennState UMaine. Not a tough decision especially when he started at Brown

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    He is certainly a good student if he was admitted to Brown. I get the Maine vs. Penn State comparison, but Maine does have a good business school if that is what he is interested in pursuing. Good luck to him. I suspect he was being offered more than what Maine was willing or able to give him.
    Last edited by Runsub5; 03-30-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •