• Show
Clear All

• https://youtu.be/mzvk0fWtCs0

We will survive.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/icY5cPsMOOo

Comment

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
        I wonder if you were in AH you'd finish in top 4 Black!!!!?
        Stay off our board scrub
        https://youtu.be/tnPkEyP_Tzg

Comment

• https://youtu.be/AqZceAQSJvc

Comment

• watch this drummer...

Guitarist is good too...

https://youtu.be/AqZceAQSJvc

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              I think the second line of Schmitty-Poisson-Dawe has a lot of offensive potential, but they just haven't been getting the results aside from perhaps Dawe. But JSS is starting to heat up and get quality chances again, he had a rocket of a shot off the pipe that beat Lekkas clean on Saturday. I think the breakout is coming. If they can start producing some offensive help it will make Maine much tougher to beat.
              Potential doesn't win games. For Maine to make some noise they need some offense from other lines. I thought JSS was going to be that guy early in the year. Hopefully he gets going again. Dawe plays hard every night.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                I think the second line of Schmitty-Poisson-Dawe has a lot of offensive potential, but they just haven't been getting the results aside from perhaps Dawe. But JSS is starting to heat up and get quality chances again, he had a rocket of a shot off the pipe that beat Lekkas clean on Saturday. I think the breakout is coming. If they can start producing some offensive help it will make Maine much tougher to beat.
                I really like poisson's skill, he has alot of potential.

JSS has struggled this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  Interesting, I have not heard much about his future.
                  Someone on here spread the rumor a while back they heard red had signed an extension. Rumor.

I'd be good with that and hope they don't do something stupid for replacing him. Hope they wouldn't advance one of the assistants.
                  Have to give Red credit where deserved for helping get the stanbrook forever fund started and engaging the alum. Which has raised 1 mil to match the Savage challenge to get the 2 mil total endowment now in place. That's a great achievement for the program.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    They keep blocking jss. He sets up to hammer and they keep blocking. Perhaps our coaching staff could draw up better plays.
                    All teams know the setup in place for JSS, worked at first but time to move him around and he needs to know when to shoot, he could setup others but does not...he keeps firing away into the d-mans shins....

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      I really like poisson's skill, he has alot of potential.

JSS has struggled this year.
                      Kind of a one trick pony.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        What I'd like to see them try is have him park himself right in front of the net on the PP, he's a big body who would be an effective screen and could help find loose pucks after shots. Another thing they could try would be to make it look like they're setting up the usual play, but then have JSS do a one-time slap-pass to someone down low instead of shooting l.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          What do you mean ?

Comment

After playing around with the what-if calculator it appears Maine will need at least a split with Providence AND a sweep of a decent team in the Hockey East playoffs to get back in the national picture. Even then, a loss in the semis would risk knocking them back out.

A tie and a win vs the Friars would be huge. That would likely get the team back into the top 15 before the Hockey East tournament begins. Then a sweep gets them in. Two wins vs PC and a #3 seed is within grasp.

Anything worse than a split and it's autobid or nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              After playing around with the what-if calculator it appears Maine will need at least a split with Providence AND a sweep of a decent team in the Hockey East playoffs to get back in the national picture. Even then, a loss in the semis would risk knocking them back out.

A tie and a win vs the Friars would be huge. That would likely get the team back into the top 15 before the Hockey East tournament begins. Then a sweep gets them in. Two wins vs PC and a #3 seed is within grasp.

Anything worse than a split and it's autobid or nothing.
                              I think tie and win vs PC is very possible, but the history between the teams of course concerns me.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                I think tie and win vs PC is very possible, but the history between the teams of course concerns me.
                                I'll be pleasantly shocked if they can come up with something better than a split. I'm thinking home ice split here.
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X