RPI @ WMU, Saturday, February 8, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ WMU, Saturday, February 8, 2020

Looking for the equalizer in Kalamazoo tonight... an RPI win gets us a split for the weekend and back to .500.
    I imagine Savory plays tonight.

Re: RPI @ WMU, Saturday, February 8, 2020

Interesting results in league play on Friday night:
    Harvard over Dartmouth, and Quinnipiac over Yale both are good news.
    The Colgate and Cornell game was postponed because of bad weather. (I'll say, 8"/10" of snow on top of a coating of ice... the hills of Ithaca must have been really been something today.) They will play in Hamilton on Saturday night and in Ithaca on Sunday afternoon.

By 7:30 pm Sunday, all the ECAC games-in-hand will have been played and RPI could be tied for 5th or sitting alone in 6th entering the last three weekends of the regular season.
    Last edited by fr. joe; 02-07-2020, 11:32 PM.

Comment

2019-20 Thread-Starting Statistics:

Code:
      Ralph Baer         6- 4- 0 12 points  .600
      DrDemento          3- 5- 1  7 points  .389
      engineerhockeyfan  3- 3- 0  6 points  .500
      Waite21            2- 1- 0  4 points  .667

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2019-20 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
      Ralph Baer        71-72-18 160 points  .497
      fr joe            49-69-14 112 points  .424
      engineerhockeyfan 34-56- 9  77 points  .389
      DrDemento         13-26- 7  33 points  .359
      Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
      hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .432
      GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
      burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
      rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
      Waite21            4- 9- 2  10 points  .333
      RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
      FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
      jericho            4-16- 0   8 points  .200
      HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
      JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
      REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
      RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
      JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
      fishcore12         0- 1- 3   3 points  .375
      berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
      ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
      drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
      Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
      lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
      NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
      RPI92              1- 4- 0   2 points  .200
      RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
      redrocker          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
      Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
      vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
      RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      ServinisScores     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      rsfs04             0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
      jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
      hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
      Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
      RPI fan 4 life     0- 5- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
      https://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
      https://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3...ma%20Mater.mp3
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If the team is going to play like it did last night, I would not want to see Savory in goal.
        I don't think that WMU is as good as we made them look. Poor defense and poor goaltending gave them a big advantage.
        That said, I think if we go back to playing the way we did that last few weekends, we have a good chance to turn this road trip around.

Lets Go Red!!!!!
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Before the weekend I had wondered why on earth we would have Savory in goal for two games that meant nothing in the scheme of things for the season. it was the perfect time to give those players who had little or no ice time, the chance to gain game experience against a fairly good WMU team. it is always nice to win and certainly to gain a bit more confidence. But do you really lose any confidence when you lose to a team by resting your top boys and playing with a line up without them? Seriously, this year for the first time in many, we have a chance to do some damage in the ECAC playoffs and perhaps even gain a trip to Lake Placid. We have made some great strides this year and I for one do not want to see that ll go for naught if we play our best line up in games that mean zero and sustain serious injury (or even minor nagging injury) to one or more of our top players. Lour line up is simply not that deep that we can afford to lose anyone like that. Losing Savory in Kalamazoo might just be something that this program does not recover from. i have been gaining respect for this coach slowly over a period of time. He has absorbed two horrible seasons and is now showing that his decisions are starting to take this team off the bottom and the program along with it.
          i suspect he starts Marshall tonight and perhaps even rests a couple other players. I hope we find out that we did not sustain anything of consequence last night and await hearing that Dubinsky has quickly recovered. Just my 2¢ as usual.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            i suspect he starts Marshall tonight and perhaps even rests a couple other players. I hope we find out that we did not sustain anything of consequence last night and await hearing that Dubinsky has quickly recovered. Just my 2¢ as usual.
            I hope that Dubinsky is indeed okay, but I suspect that we won't find out today since even if it is not serious, he will probably be rested.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I hope that Dubinsky is indeed okay, but I suspect that we won't find out today since even if it is not serious, he will probably be rested.
              Depending on the nature of what happened, i would agree. We have had a relatively injury free period with the team. And i must add that it seems under this coach (as opposed to the previous era) we seem to sustain far fewer injuries in practice. I also think that he seems to err on the side of caution which is the way it should be.

Does anyone know what happened to Dubinsky? i heard as others did that he skated off the ice but did not hear if this was from any specific hit or episode.

Comment

Depending on the nature of what happened, i would agree. We have had a relatively injury free period with the team. And i must add that it seems under this coach (as opposed to the previous era) we seem to sustain far fewer injuries in practice. I also think that he seems to err on the side of caution which is the way it should be.

Does anyone know what happened to Dubinsky? i heard as others did that he skated off the ice but did not hear if this was from any specific hit or episode.
                I think it had something to do with a blocked shot. I could be wrong.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Before the weekend I had wondered why on earth we would have Savory in goal for two games that meant nothing in the scheme of things for the season. it was the perfect time to give those players who had little or no ice time, the chance to gain game experience against a fairly good WMU team. it is always nice to win and certainly to gain a bit more confidence. But do you really lose any confidence when you lose to a team by resting your top boys and playing with a line up without them? Seriously, this year for the first time in many, we have a chance to do some damage in the ECAC playoffs and perhaps even gain a trip to Lake Placid. We have made some great strides this year and I for one do not want to see that ll go for naught if we play our best line up in games that mean zero and sustain serious injury (or even minor nagging injury) to one or more of our top players. Lour line up is simply not that deep that we can afford to lose anyone like that. Losing Savory in Kalamazoo might just be something that this program does not recover from. i have been gaining respect for this coach slowly over a period of time. He has absorbed two horrible seasons and is now showing that his decisions are starting to take this team off the bottom and the program along with it.
                  Every time a player steps on the ice he/she risks injury, but every time they sit out a game they risk losing sharpness. The college game has so few games over the course of a season (compared to pros but also compared to major junior) that it is tough enough to stay sharp without missing games. I think that if you asked any goalie they would say that they would want at least one game a week to maintain that balance between risk of injury/fatigue and staleness. They should ask Savory, and then when he says "put me in coach", go with that.

Comment

I think Savory should go in tonight. Gotta keep him sharp for the important games

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I note that Western Michigan had no qualms about starting their # 1 goalie last night.

I think RPI would be showing disrespect to the hosts if Savory, who may reasonably be described as the team's top star, is held out of both games this weekend. If we want to have good out-of-conference games on our schedule in future years, we won't do ourselves any favors if we make it clear that we don't intend to give it our best shot in those games.

Comment

I would think that if Smith had intended to start Marshall today, he would not have used him in relief yesterday.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            I note that Western Michigan had no qualms about starting their # 1 goalie last night.

I think RPI would be showing disrespect to the hosts if Savory, who may reasonably be described as the team's top star, is held out of both games this weekend. If we want to have good out-of-conference games on our schedule in future years, we won't do ourselves any favors if we make it clear that we don't intend to give it our best shot in those games.
                            i don't think the opposition gives a hoot as to who we start and will take any advantage given to them. They want to win each and every game as they might have a remote chance of moving up in the rankings high enough for an NCAA bid. i think they would love to face a lesser goal tender or a hurt RPI team missing a few players. As far as OOC games go, i think other criteria are far more important to them than who they might face in goal.

Comment

music!
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X