This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Hearing the economy in China is going to tank over this. That means US too.
    Well, my job has severely cut its number of flights to Hong Kong and China.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: nCoV 2019-2020 Outbreak

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      From what I know, basically if you get it, you're gonna die. Part of it is b/c China isn't reporting real numbers, and the other part of it is we have no clue how to friggin' treat it in time.
      where did you get this information? The current fatality rate is somewhere around 2%, but that estimate is probably too high because the total number of infected people is underreported, especially since there is a large number of people that become infected and only have a mild case and never go to the hospital.

As far as treatment goes, I think it's true they don't have a recommended antiviral drug for it yet, but other than that I would assume treatment would be similar to SARS/MERS/severe influenza. Basically supportive care.
      Last edited by BassAle; 02-14-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

LMAO. No.
        Commerce secretary said so!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Commerce secretary said so!!
          You mean the one who works for the Trump Administration? LOL.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hearing the economy in China is going to tank over this. That means US too.
            Keep an eye on the Chinese auto industry (remember the old saying, "How GM/Ford/Chrysler go, so goes the country?")

The Chinese (and US) auto markets stocked up on parts going into the new year specifically because of the plant shut downs that happen over Chinese New Year.

Now that the holiday is over, if the Chinese plants dont resume normal capacity, it's going to start to show.

US suppliers of parts have enough stock to get through February, as long as supplies resume by the end of the month. If the shutdowns drag into March, we're all fu**ed.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

About three hours old from NBC:

China’s National Health Commission has so far confirmed more than 63,000 cases of COVID-19, the new name for the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, as of Friday morning.The current death toll, 1,380, represents a decrease in deaths previously reported in Hubei province.
              That's running about 2%, but as some noted, data is surely incomplete and inaccurate (if nothing else because of the real-time nature).

That said, influenza and pneumonia caused ... 55,672 deaths in the US in 2017. I get that COVID-19 can go pandemic level, but to this point it's a piker compared to garden-variety flu in the US annually.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                where did you get this information? The current fatality rate is somewhere around 2%, but that estimate is probably too high because the total number of infected people is underreported, especially since there is a large number of people that become infected and only have a mild case and never go to the hospital.

As far as treatment goes, I think it's true they don't have a recommended antiviral drug for it yet, but other than that I would assume treatment would be similar to SARS/MERS/severe influenza. Basically supportive care.
                When data is inaccurate, results are obviously flawed. You can have mis-diagnoses, under- or over-reporting of the actual virus, etc. Given that it's China, they could be very well saying "He died from the flu" or something, when in fact it's the virus.

I'd be curious about China-only numbers, truthful numbers. The rest of the world seems to have been prepared for this, after the initial Chinese outbreak. Those deaths are obviously at a lower rate.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  When data is inaccurate, results are obviously flawed. You can have mis-diagnoses, under- or over-reporting of the actual virus, etc. Given that it's China, they could be very well saying "He died from the flu" or something, when in fact it's the virus.

I'd be curious about China-only numbers, truthful numbers. The rest of the world seems to have been prepared for this, after the initial Chinese outbreak. Those deaths are obviously at a lower rate.
                  You said “If you get it you die”, which is far from true.

Comment

The only people I are pointing out fly deaths are morons. Mostly because it ignores so many key aspects of this outbreak.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Let me rephrase. Those who attempt to use flu to minimize this are dumb.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        That’s better lol

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I will agree with this.

Over the last few years, we've had to face new strains of stuff we've never seen before. With the flu, well, it's the flu, just a slightly stronger version of it at times.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            I will agree with this.

Over the last few years, we've had to face new strains of stuff we've never seen before. With the flu, well, it's the flu, just a slightly stronger version of it at times.
                            That’s not right. There are several (dozens? Hundred?) strains of flu and we’re still not entirely sure which one caused Spanish flu. We have some really good guesses but no one knows for sure.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              That’s not right. There are several (dozens? Hundred?) strains of flu and we’re still not entirely sure which one caused Spanish flu. We have some really good guesses but no one knows for sure.
                              I shall amend to different strains, rather than stronger versions.

We see it as the flu...then we figure out how to treat it.

Avian...*** is this? SARS, Swine Flu, Ebola, and now this. I bet in a couple years, there'll be another "um, we're not sure what this is" different virus.

Comment

Avian and swine were just mutations of “regular” influenza.

Bad bird flu is H5N1 and swine was H1N1 if memory serves me right.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X