This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Yeah, they are shutting things down hardcore because of this. And even the events that are happening, you have to go through a bunch of tests (from the tidbits I've read).
    Israel is denying entrance into the county for people flying in from SKorea or Japan now.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Holy hell. Just realized the olympics are this summer. Let’s send people from every country to Asia and send them back home.
      That's what we did in 2016 when the Olympics were in Brazil during the height of the Zika virus.

Comment

• Re: nCoV 2019-2020 Outbreak

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        That's what we did in 2016 when the Olympics were in Brazil during the height of the Zika virus.
        Wow, we are NOT good at this.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

But Zika was only transmitted person to person via sex. Not nearly as contagious as this, where not only respiratory but fecal transmissions seem a certainty.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            But Zika was only transmitted person to person via sex. Not nearly as contagious as this, where not only respiratory but fecal transmissions seem a certainty.
            This one is a new animal. And freakin' scary, at that.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              But Zika was only transmitted person to person via sex.
              Good thing there's no sex at the Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Good thing there's no sex at the Olympics.
                Yes, yes. But my point is I don’t think Zika was in the same league as this one. I don’t disagree with Brazil not canceling

Comment

It will be real bad If this takes hold in Africa.
                  china is all over Africa building belts and roads. if anyone believes this isn't already there, they have their heads in the sand.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    china is all over Africa building belts and roads. if anyone believes this isn't already there, they have their heads in the sand.
                    I know. It’s not exploded yet, but my fear is that it’s coming

Comment

Mookie hears ya....

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I would agree. There will be a severe uptick before we figure this thing out. Given the reported illnesses...that is dam scary.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

first three cases here reported today via iran. two hospitals are full with quarantined travelers.

Comment

Right, not a great comparison.

Zika was primarily transmitted by mosquito and Zika was also not a big deal unless you were pregnant. I know someone that got it on a trip to Mexico. She didn’t require hospitalization or anything.
                            Last edited by BassAle; 02-24-2020, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              first three cases here reported today via iran. two hospitals are full with quarantined travelers.
                              Whooops

Hospitals no longer full. Locals refused to stay and went home

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

I'm done now. Back to the cheerful topic of the deadly virus that will eventually wipe out humanity.
                                I thought climate change was going to do that?
                                Actually Mother Earth is fighting back, climate change is really a symptom of overpopulation, thus, the virus is natures way of keeping humans in check.

Comment

Working...
                                X