• Re: nCoV 2019-2020 Outbreak

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    That is a national treasure.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        That is exactly what I said.

If you self-quarantine, burn your PTO, we aren't going let you ride OH even though it's not your fault. I don't know about you but neither I nor anybody I work with is permitted to telework. If you're lucky enough to work outside a SCIF, hey, great for you, but company-wide 80% of even those people can't telework unless they have one of these in their garage:

Cherrypicking bits and pieces to make something sound way worse than the full story is a tactic you would typically be against. Be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          The University of Washington is cancelling all in-person classes for the rest of the semester
          College “the Girl” attends (a ‘non-Hockey’ school in Rochester) is re-assigning residents of one hall to other halls in-preparation for possible quarantine(s). Messages were sent to the students in the to-be-vacated hall that they will get their reassignment upon return from Spring Break on Monday. They can arrive a day early on Sunday if they wish. Fortunately, “the Girl” does not reside in the hall being vacated, but friends received these letters. Again, this all being done in-preparation for potential quarantine(s).
          Dave
          RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
            Again, this all being done in-preparation for potential quarantine(s).
            That's... crazy. But I'm glad some states are prepping. This is what a cogent response to a pandemic looks like.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This is going to age like a fine wine:
              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                From the STrib:
                The patient is an older Ramsey County resident who had been on a cruise ship with a known COVID-19 case. The unidentified person sought health care yesterday after developing symptoms on Feb. 25, according to the Health Department.
                Time to put my "Fire Ramsey County and everyone in it into the Sun" plan into motion. Drew up a few sketches roughly 15 years ago. I'll get back to you on when to make sure you're out.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

The faces...

Comment

Late to the convo, but my company switched to PTO a couple years ago, but the formula they used to combine the former sick/VAC days was very well done (earn x hours per month depending on how long you've been with the company). Everyone got about the same number of days as they did before, but in the case of people like me who don't get sick and therefore didn't use sick days...we actually "get" MORE days of vacation now.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah, and there’s still intense pressure for people to not stay home because they’re eating into vacation now. People do t treat PTO as sick time. They treat it as eating into vacation being used. That’s bad when you’re facing a pandemic with self-quarantine on the honor system.
                      Code:

Comment

Jfc

Comment

Starting to hear rumors that other countries are going to put the US on their no fly because our government's response to the virus is so deficient.

We have achieved the medical status of Iran and Italy.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 03-06-2020, 08:19 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            Late to the convo, but my company switched to PTO a couple years ago, but the formula they used to combine the former sick/VAC days was very well done (earn x hours per month depending on how long you've been with the company). Everyone got about the same number of days as they did before, but in the case of people like me who don't get sick and therefore didn't use sick days...we actually "get" MORE days of vacation now.
                            No, Rube, that's not a good way to do it. That is how my company (and most) does it, and it works exactly the opposite of the way you would want a benefit to work. It's leftover from an obsolete and unhealthy (literally) way of thinking. It punishes people for getting sick and then those people have no choice but to come to work and make everybody else sick.

In all honesty: do you understand the difference between "good for me" and "good"?
                            Last edited by Kepler; 03-06-2020, 08:19 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I won’t be surprised if that happens.

This really needs to be hung around his fat turkey neck like an albatross

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                No, Rube, that's not a good way to do it. That is how my company (and most) do it, and it works exactly the opposite of the way you would want a benefit to work. It's leftover from an obsolete and unhealthy (literally) way of thinking. It literally punishes people for getting sick and then those people have no choice but to come to work and make everybody else sick.

In all honesty: do you understand the difference between "good for me" and "good"?
                                The way my company did it, it is a good thing.

The staff at our company is very good at the whole "sick" vs "just using a sick day because....because."

So, in essence, they ADDED UNUSED sick days to our PTO.

How many people used a sick day, just because they have it and can use it, and they are not really sick? Just sayin'.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X