This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: nCoV 2019-2020 Outbreak

Everything about America is conducive to this virus blowing stuff up. No paid sick time for so many. How many people will go to work while sick because they can’t afford to not work?
    Then add in our government ignorance

Comment

Tom Frieden mentioned something interesting. Those that contract this virus are not the only ones at risk. The secondary fallout is that any dedicated resource (funding, bed space, research, care provider hours worked) that otherwise would have made available to attend to other medical needs could lead to downstream issues.

Others in the profession might be able to corroborate or debunk that observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Tom Frieden mentioned something interesting. Those that contract this virus are not the only ones at risk. The secondary fallout is that any dedicated resource (funding, bed space, research, care provider hours worked) that otherwise would have made available to attend to other medical needs could lead to downstream issues.

Others in the profession might be able to corroborate or debunk that observation.
        And that’s why this reaching low infrastructure nations is so devastating.its not very public but Bill Gates has been pouring money to the Africa version of cdc last month because he knows what can happen when it gets there
        Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 02-27-2020, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          If this spreads a LOT in dumpy country, I could think of worse things happening.

These are the people who voted to have their healthcare cut, and cut funding to the CDC, and put up a worthless wall. And now want to pretend that this is not an issue at all. Plus, are fully behind having business and economic people dealing with the risk vs. doctors and scientists.

But it's nice to see big pharma seeing the business opportunity to add another annual vaccine to their bottom lines.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            That's insane.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It’s pretty obvious the Chinese created it to help their fellow commie Sanders beat Trump by tanking the stock market so he could end the trade war

Comment

Even though he still comes across as a buffoon, Trump is correct that people should treat this like the flu. Take precautions and STAY HOME if you're sick. But I feel like he mentioned flu as a way of downplaying the Coronavirus. It would just be nice if he could actually deliver a message like that. Or allow a qualified professional do it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Even though he still comes across as a buffoon, Trump is correct that people should treat this like the flu. Take precautions and STAY HOME if you're sick. But I feel like he mentioned flu as a way of downplaying the Coronavirus. It would just be nice if he could actually deliver a message like that. Or allow a qualified professional do it.
                  Yes, covoid 19 is just another flu virus. But we should be spending some effort to prevent it from being another virus option that we all have to deal with every single year. With all of the economic impacts of ANOTHER flu option- time off, deaths, etc.

A real leader would put more effort into preventing this from getting into the public domain. As opposed to just letting it. Pretty short sighted, if you ask me. Typical of this moron.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    It’s pretty obvious the Chinese created it to help their fellow commie Sanders beat Trump by tanking the stock market so he could end the trade war
                    I mean has anyone seen Xi Jinping and Bernie Sanders at the same time?

Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Yes, covoid 19 is just another flu virus. But we should be spending some effort to prevent it from being another virus option that we all have to deal with every single year. With all of the economic impacts of ANOTHER flu option- time off, deaths, etc.

A real leader would put more effort into preventing this from getting into the public domain. As opposed to just letting it. Pretty short sighted, if you ask me. Typical of this moron.
                      Won't get an argument from me there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I mean has anyone seen Xi Jinping and Bernie Sanders at the same time?

You need a youtube tv show! I know someone around here who would subscribe
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Dump's flowchart runs everything through the "will this make me money?" and "will this fluff my ego?" diamonds. Anything exiting both as No goes into the out tray without any action taken.

Nothing's going to be done about a public health emergency unless Dump can brand it as him being Manly Man Dad Would Have (Sniff) Finally Loved or somehow make a buck off it.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm hearing COVID-19 mortality rates. That calculation is "deaths divided by infections".

But reports from WHO and CDC are that many infected are asymptomatic (or have mild symptoms attributable "flu season").

So how do you have a solid mortality calculation if you don't have an accurate denominator?

Should we be talking about mortality rates for verified infections?
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Pays though to have as many infections as possible
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm skeptical of this until it's validated, but if it's true my goodness...

Regardless the orcs continue to have zero shame.

Mulvaney Outlandishly Accuses Media Of Covering Coronavirus Threat To Hurt Trump

Comment

Working...
                                X