This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    We really need to do this with fire departments.
    "Thank you for calling Acme Fire Control. Your house is on fire? Oh dear. My computer tells me you didn't pay for the upgrade. Sorry. But we'll be right out to make sure it doesn't spread to your neighbor's house. They paid premium."

Comment

• Re: nCoV 2019-2020 Outbreak

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Report now that a Wuhan woman visited a family in China and infected all of them, while never getting sick herself. Really interesting
      There are always going to be people naturally immune to certain viruses. That's why it's going to be near impossible to contain. People like that will get through any medical symptom check.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I'm still floored that we had a privatize the CDC post today. And they say I'm hyperbolic? Wow.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          There are always going to be people naturally immune to certain viruses. That's why it's going to be near impossible to contain. People like that will get through any medical symptom check.
          I know, I’m just an epi geek and find these actual reports really fascinating. I think they’ll keep coming

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Um. Donald Trump is President of the United States.
            Oh, I know. I'm just piling on.

I've always had the philosophy, "There is no hope for Mankind." (I guess I should say Humankind...)

People ask me if I believe that because of all the evil in the world. I say, "No. I actually believe good will always overcome evil in the long run. I believe it because people are stupid. And that will ultimately be the downfall of Humankind."
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Don't panic.

No biggie since the Japanese don't put particular social emphasis on education.
              Good thing that'll never happen here.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I'm still floored that we had a privatize the CDC post today. And they say I'm hyperbolic? Wow.
                What the **** are you talking about?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

First reports out of Japan of someone getting the virus, recovering, and getting it again.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    First reports out of Japan of someone getting the virus, recovering, and getting it again.
                    I don't believe it.

However, it the virus mutated, and they got that mutated version, then we may as well watch The Stand...
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Who said anything about privatizing the CDC? You were whining that the CDC couldn't come up with any vaccines because of Trump. I was pointing out that vaccines don't come from the CDC, and aren't created by them.
                      No, the NIH does. Which was also cut.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/research/role

Let's privatize them too.

NIAID supports research at external academic and research institutions through funding opportunities including grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements. Decades of NIAID-funded research has helped further the understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of many of the world's most intractable and widespread conditions in the areas of allergy, immunology and infectious diseases. In addition to targeted requests for proposals in response to initiatives, NIAID is always accepting researcher-initiated applications. Connect with NIAID program officers about potential funding.
                      I'm sure these grants from the government do nothing. Or are academic institutions.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        I don't believe it.

However, it the virus mutated, and they got that mutated version, then we may as well watch The Stand...
                        In all seriousness what would prevent this from happening? Let's assume somebody is in a high risk position. I dunno, maybe he's a test engineer at Acme Spittoons. If the version B mutation moves the virus outside of the scope of whatever immunity fought off version A, why couldn't he catch version B?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          No, the NIH does. Which was also cut.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/research/role

Let's privatize them too.

I'm sure these grants from the government do nothing. Or are academic institutions.
                          Relax Scoob. It won't happen here. Take a chill pill. Assuming your insurance covers the chill pill...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            In all seriousness what would prevent this from happening? Let's assume somebody is in a high risk position. I dunno, maybe he's a test engineer at Acme Spittoons. If the version B mutation moves the virus outside of the scope of whatever immunity fought off version A, why couldn't he catch version B?
                            https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...or-second-time
                            Code:

Comment

That's different. That's getting version A repeatedly (or, I assume far more likely, all signs of the virus going dormant, which would be f-cking terrifying because it would mean once you have it we never know if you're clear).

I think we can all agree that the only way to fight this effectively is to jail more Mexicans and deport Muslims. Possibly also suspend the elections and declare all Democratic office holders enemies of the state. We're looking into that.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                14 have the same set up in china. this is the first in japan.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X