This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nCoV 2019-2020 Outbreak

A thread to quarantine all of the posts related to the virus.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Re: nCoV 2019-2020 Outbreak

Updated 8:15 Central time:
    https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/c...hnk/index.html
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

At least the thing that kills humanity will have been adorable.

The outbreak of a new kind of coronavirus in central China is loaded with mysteries, and among the biggest is how the virus made the jump from an animal host into humans. This global health crisis is a reminder of the danger of zoonosis — the ability of pathogens, including bacteria and viruses, to enter the human population from an animal host.

The coronavirus is similar to two viruses that circulate in bats, but it might have skipped through another species before infecting humans.

Suspicion has fallen on the pangolin, an endangered, highly trafficked creature that looks like a cross between an anteater and an armadillo. Its scales are prized in traditional Chinese medicine, although they are made of keratin, just like fingernails. In recent days some researchers have noted that a coronavirus previously identified in pangolins is more closely related to the novel coronavirus than any virus identified so far.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

As everything with nCoV, scientists are warning about jumping to conclusions
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Code:

Comment

Hey, I'm just saying I for one welcome our new Angel of Death overlord if it's as cute as that li'l guy.

Who's a good vector? You are! Yes you are!
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well, I’ll just say we haven’t had any flights going to/from Shenzhen or Shanghai in the last two weeks, and we’ve haven’t had much coming from Hong Kong. Some of that is Chinese New Year but still, that’s 2-3 747-8F’s worth of stuff not being shipped every day
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Well, I’ll just say we haven’t had any flights going to/from Shenzhen or Shanghai in the last two weeks, and we’ve haven’t had much coming from Hong Kong. Some of that is Chinese New Year but still, that’s 2-3 747-8F’s worth of stuff not being shipped every day
                We have a cruise next week, and they have banned all passengers from China, Hong Kong, and Macau. And if you've traveled to any of those in the last 15 days, you are also banned. Extra looking if you have had contact with anyone from there in the last 15 days. Or if you are sick.

Our line isn't the only one who has done that.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  We have a cruise next week, and they have banned all passengers from China, Hong Kong, and Macau. And if you've traveled to any of those in the last 15 days, you are also banned. Extra looking if you have had contact with anyone from there in the last 15 days. Or if you are sick.

Glad I'm not on a cruise this year. Where you headed?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Glad I'm not on a cruise this year. Where you headed?
                    Mexico.

All cruises from China have been canceled.

Honestly, I don't see this any worse than any other year, other than we know that the crew will be extra careful and extra clean. We've been on post Noro cruises, and they just work REALLY hard keeping things clean and making sure people don't touch stuff.

Comment

Everything I’ve seen about cruises make me never want to take one.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Everything I’ve seen about cruises make me never want to take one.
                        Same although I’d consider one for Antarctica or northern Norway

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

I'm going in late April. Just what I need now.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Same although I’d consider one for Antarctica or northern Norway
                            Funny, I thought the same thing after I posted. None of this Caribbean crap. Blech. I feel like a river cruise through Europe would also be fine.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I'm going in late April. Just what I need now.
                              We go again at the beginning of April. By then, we should all know more about this virus and how it spreads. At least you'll know the ship is nice and clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X