This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: nCoV 2019-2020 Outbreak

We are officially in panic mode. Bonds are getting hammered. Stocks continue their slide. Everywhere is sold out of masks. The DHS Secretary is asking Twitter for updates.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Ten?
      I’m assuming hardcore isolations won’t start In next few weeks

Comment

Knew this was coming considering the amount of cargo flights going to/from China have dropped significantly.

I’m actually surprised I haven’t caught the virus yet.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          We are officially in panic mode. Bonds are getting hammered. Stocks continue their slide. Everywhere is sold out of masks. The DHS Secretary is asking Twitter for updates.
          Amazon is already gouging. There are N95 respirators that have a $400 shipping fee.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            The DHS Secretary* is asking Twitter for updates.
            * Acting Secretary

Comment

Friggin' Obama.

Comment

Trump may have taken over the weather with his Alabama hurricanes crap but so far he hasn’t silenced the cdc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  It will kill less than the flu.
                  Based on what? Latest data from the WHO says the CFR (2-3%) and R0 (2-4) is on par with 1918 Flu. We also know that seasonal flu has an R0 of 0.5-2 depending on the strain and a CFR of something like 0.01-0.1%, and a capable vaccine, so perhaps its CFR/R0 would be significantly higher without the vaccine. So who knows.

Plus there's the terrifying fact that this is popping up in areas with no known China connection, we have an incompetent government, and hospitals aren't prepared for it because we just don't know how to handle cases yet on a widespread basis.

I'll readily admit you're a billion times closer to the industry than I am. I would generally defer to you on this, but something feels a little different about this one.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So far the death rate had t shown worse than the flu. That can change rapidly as data will lag for weeks

WHO reporting a 0.7 death rate for cases outside of Wuhan. The 2-4 so far is for Wuhan cases. So you’re right- it could turn.

I have a briefing with officials tomorrow so I hope to learn more
                    Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 02-25-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Kinda wondering if I'm going to get into Canada in about 10 days...or home the weekend after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        So far the death rate had t shown worse than the flu. That can change rapidly as data will lag for weeks

WHO reporting a 0.7 death rate for cases outside of Wuhan. The 2-4 so far is for Wuhan cases. So you’re right- it could turn.

I have a briefing with officials tomorrow so I hope to learn more
                        I missed that. I saw the traveler's from Wuhan CFR reported in the WHO/Imperial College estimate was much higher. Looks like you were right, WHO reported 95% confidence of 0.37-2.9 with a 1% median (??) less than a week ago.

Either way, the markets are betting this is bad and my company has pulled back all inventory of every respirator and mask from our employee stores. Even if the virus fizzles, the damage is being done to the world markets and panic is setting in. Try to find an N95 mask tonight and you'll probably strike out.
                        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-25-2020, 02:48 PM.
                        Code:

Comment

San Francisco declares emergency with zero cases...not sure I agree with that

Comment

So this is absolutely callous and cold, but given that this apparently hits the elderly hardest and barely scratches the young, this will be one way to hasten the Boomers out of power...

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              So this is absolutely callous and cold, but given that this apparently hits the elderly hardest and barely scratches the young, this will be one way to hasten the Boomers out of power...
                              The Boomers aren't quite old enough yet. But it'll do a number on the Silent Generation.

Comment

Dick Pound says Olympic cancellation is possible now, not moving or postponing it

https://apnews.com/58043910be7bdc681...source=Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X