Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Patty Kazmaier

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Will you disclose your choices to us or will you get fired from the Committee if you tell us how you voted? That would be a fun discussion, you are the big dog on the block on this one.
    I'd love to, but I can't; the votes are confidential -- maybe after next year when my term is up

Everyone knows I just wrote-in Allie Thunstrom three times anyway.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      I’m a “body of work” hypothetical voter and put lots of emphasis on gpa, major and community stuff and “have you moved the needle for your program”
      How many "body of work" voters/winners do you suppose there have ever been? My guess is it remains an MVP, whatever reasoning people use to get there.

Comment

I just want to say that this is a really fun discussion and I'm not wanting the tone of my to my thoughts to have an argumentative tone, it's just my writing style and I can't control the tone of how someone reads what I post. It's not my intent at all to be argumentative.

Same here. My argumentative tone is not meant to be that, just like pulling certain (WCHA) fans chains. I take no offense when they are pulling on my chain.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          I'd love to, but I can't; the votes are confidential -- maybe after next year when my term is up

Everyone knows I just wrote-in Allie Thunstrom three times anyway.
          Yes but you can create a burner account on this site and tell us that way; we'd never know it came from you. I know Watts player you voted for, unless you are bitter about her leaving and are exacting revenge.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
            Same here. My argumentative tone is not meant to be that, just like pulling certain (WCHA) fans chains. I take no offense when they are pulling on my chain.
            I have a definite ax to grind against Clarkson. It was great to wax you guys last year, but that didn't make up for the past. I've been contemplating the what if Clarkson got sent to UW in the first round of the NCAA's and honestly I'd be very worried, our D is too mistake prone and Soup's can is a little leaky this year and a great player like Giguere will convert all those mistakes, she plays every shift, right?

Comment

I've been contemplating the what if Clarkson got sent to UW in the first round of the NCAA's and honestly I'd be very worried ...
              If you get a quarterfinal with anybody other than a CHA team -- and a CHA opponent looks unlikely with the location of No. 1 Cornell -- aren't you going to be at least somewhat worried? Wisconsin fans were impressed by Princeton last year. If BU wins, I would think that the committee will want to send the Terriers to Northeastern. Ohio State? You shouldn't get the Buckeyes, but that would be cause for concern.

This looks like a year where we could see more NCAA quarterfinal upsets than we have of late.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                If you get a quarterfinal with anybody other than a CHA team -- and a CHA opponent looks unlikely with the location of No. 1 Cornell -- aren't you going to be at least somewhat worried? Wisconsin fans were impressed by Princeton last year. If BU wins, I would think that the committee will want to send the Terriers to Northeastern. Ohio State? You shouldn't get the Buckeyes, but that would be cause for concern.

This looks like a year where we could see more NCAA quarterfinal upsets than we have of late.
                We can hope Lindenwood pulls off the CHA upset. A 'drive-able' opponent. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  We can hope Lindenwood pulls off the CHA upset.
                  With one of their regular goalies back, it is at least within the realm of something that could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                    My argumentative tone is not meant to be that . . .
                    Mine is.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      If you get a quarterfinal with anybody other than a CHA team -- and a CHA opponent looks unlikely with the location of No. 1 Cornell -- aren't you going to be at least somewhat worried? Wisconsin fans were impressed by Princeton last year.

I did say in the UW thread that UW maybe doesn't win another game this season. I wasn't kidding.

Comment

I have a definite ax to grind against Clarkson. It was great to wax you guys last year, but that didn't make up for the past. I've been contemplating the what if Clarkson got sent to UW in the first round of the NCAA's and honestly I'd be very worried, our D is too mistake prone and Soup's can is a little leaky this year and a great player like Giguere will convert all those mistakes, she plays every shift, right?
                        If Clarkson even makes it to the NC$$ Tourney with only 14 skaters, I would think any of the 3 WCHA teams that I expect to make the tourney would wear them down by the 3rd period and win late. Of coarse, they could play Giguere every shift to have a chance .

I think Colgate is a bad match up for them in this first round. While a young team, Colgate has a much more balance offense that has gotten better as the season has progressed. They may have an abysmal record against top teams going 1-9-3 in 13 games. And they have struggled all year when away from Hamilton, going 5-8-1 in road games. However, the two regular season games that were played ended up a 2-1 CCT win in early Nov @ CCT with Giguere netting both goals and a 2-2 tie on Feb 1 with CCT scoring a flukey goal late in the third to tie it with Giguere assisting on both goals. I do not know if Pejzlova and Friesen will be available this weekend but if they are not, this is the one ECAC series to me that says there could be an upset.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I did say in the UW thread that UW maybe doesn't win another game this season.
                          I can say with certainty that UW doesn't win another game this month.

Very rough numbers ...
                          Based on season results, the Badgers have a 81.25% chance of winning versus the team that emerges from UMD/BSU. Then they get some unknown NCAA quarterfinal opponent, and after losing the WCHA semi, the Badgers would likely still be better than a 60% favorite over that team. So if we say UW loses the WCHA semi 18.75% of the time, and the NCAA quarter 40% of the time, then the Badgers go w/o another win 7.5% of the time. That was taking very pessimistic numbers from a Wisconsin perspective. I like your chances to win again, even if your level of play doesn't improve, which it likely will. But go ahead -- have another can of thinner.

Comment

FYI in case you were wondering, based on KRACH, the odds for the WCHA tournament are:

Wisconsin 46.00%
                            Minnesota 32.27%
                            Ohio State 15.11%
                            Minnesota Duluth 6.13%
                            Bemidji State 0.42%
                            Minnesota State 0.07%
                            St. Cloud State 0.00% (lol)
                            Bye 0.00%

Comment

And for the ECAC:

Cornell 68.56%
                              Princeton 17.35%
                              Clarkson 9.82%
                              Harvard 2.18%
                              Yale 0.84%
                              Colgate 0.73%
                              Quinnipiac 0.49%
                              St. Lawrence 0.03%

Comment

WHEA:

Northeastern 59.80%
                                Boston University 27.33%
                                Providence 4.93%
                                Boston College 4.43%
                                Connecticut 1.33%
                                New Hampshire 1.63%
                                Maine 0.43%
                                Vermont 0.11%

Note this doesn't take into account the fact that UNH beat PC yesterday or that NU beat UVM.

Can't really do CHA until you know what the bracket looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X