2020 Patty Kazmaier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Patty Kazmaier

Having just finished watching the WI versus Duluth game, and seeing Wisconsin play about three other games this season - it’s clear to me Roque is definitely a better all-around player than Watts. Watts is a pure scorer who is a nice complement to a team but, if I was starting my own club, Roque would hands-down be my first choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      I wonder if the Kaz ceremony will stay on
      I don't think they will not allow fans unless things get drastically worse. Now if a team comes down with it could other teams boycott. Yes, they could. Now that is an interesting scenario.

Comment

https://titleixhockey.wordpress.com/...a-be-real-mad/

A statistical comparison of the top 3 Patty Kaz players, by Alex of TitleIXHockey

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

A statistical comparison of the top 3 Patty Kaz players, by Alex of TitleIXHockey
          And just to let you know, no matter who wins I will not be mad. Disappointed if a certain one does not win but I will not be mad.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

LOL the stats pointed towards Watts all the way and now that she's out there's an article about stats saying Giguere should win vs the other 3. No **** she should win against those 2. This is such a joke by eliminating Watts from the top 3. Her numbers dwarf the other 3's.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Now do faceoff wins ...
              It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

I thought it was a good article nonetheless. His argument is he thinks PK should go to a player who is most valuable to their team, and then he makes a case for Giguere.

As I said before Roque would have been my pick.
                Last edited by Lindsay; 03-11-2020, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                  Now do faceoff wins ...
                  Even considering faceoff wins handicaps a wing.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    I thought it was a good article nonetheless. His argument is he thinks PK should go to a player who is most valuable to their team, and then he makes a case for Giguere.

As I said before Roque would have been my pick.
                    If Giguere played for the Badgers, they would bypass the top 3 selection and hand her the award. It would be a real shocker if she doesn’t get the PK this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                      If Giguere played for the Badgers, they would bypass the top 3 selection and hand her the award. It would be a real shocker if she doesn’t get the PK this year.
                      If Giguere played for the Badgers, she probably wouldn't have the numbers she has, because she wouldn't be playing the 58.5 minutes a game she plays now (which is actually another argument in favor of her getting the award).

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        If Giguere played for the Badgers, she probably wouldn't have the numbers she has, because she wouldn't be playing the 58.5 minutes a game she plays now (which is actually another argument in favor of her getting the award).
                        I am not sure if I buy that. What if you placed her on a line with Roque or Shirley or Watts. Scary! The top three are all excellent but I just think that what Giguere was able to accomplish this year without Gable is nothing short of remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          LOL the stats pointed towards Watts all the way and now that she's out there's an article about stats saying Giguere should win vs the other 3. No **** she should win against those 2. This is such a joke by eliminating Watts from the top 3. Her numbers dwarf the other 3's.
                          Straight up assists and points would be better. Percentage of team output, the defensive numbers (as much as you want to value them), and most likely scoring / assisting on opening goals, tying goals, or go ahead goals would also almost certainly be lower.

I'm not sure how much Watts plays on the PK, but Giguère does, and also that unit is very good, whereas Wisconsin's PK is mediocre. Giguère also sometimes does double-duty on the power play, occupying a fourth forward playing defender spot on the second unit.

I think more should have been made of Sarah Potomak and Sarah Fillier, both of whom were on ice for very few goals against. At one point 23 of Fillier's 27 assists were primary assists, though all of the top 10 scorers except Gebhard had more primary than secondary assists.

Ultimately I think the PK award should be defenders only with similar named awards for forwards and goaltenders.

Re: Faceoffs - I don't value wins / losses as much as I do the movement after the faceoff that results in a recovered puck / kept zone. Now if faceoffs were split into clean wins, contested, and clean losses, or something like that, I'm listening.

Comment

So now that the Post season has been cancelled, I wonder when they will announce the Patty Kaz winner?
                            Maybe they can be like Publishers Clearinghouse and show up at the campus of the grand prize winner and knock on the door of the winner .
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                              So now that the Post season has been cancelled, I wonder when they will announce the Patty Kaz winner?
                              Maybe they can be like Publishers Clearinghouse and show up at the campus of the grand prize winner and knock on the door of the winner .
                              Wonder how their French is...

Comment

Originally posted by TitleIXHockey View Post
                                Wonder how their French is...
                                Not sure how much French they actually speak in Sault Ste. Marie. Don't let that name fool you.

:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X