Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Patty Kazmaier

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    umm... interesting... did Watts' prior win work against her? Did talk here about Roque being the more 'valuable' player on the UW team help sway 'some' voters? Spill, Grant, tell us about impressions from the conference call you referred to.
    I really can't; deliberations are very confidential. But discussion was robust. I was impressed. I have heard it hasn't always been that way. We actually went over on time.

EDIT: I think I've said this before but I don't want this to sound like a "I KNOW THINGS AND YOU DON'T HAR HAR." I know "it's very confidential" sounds obnoxious.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-03-2020, 01:49 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      umm... interesting... did Watts' prior win work against her? Did talk here about Roque being the more 'valuable' player on the UW team help sway 'some' voters? Spill, Grant, tell us about impressions from the conference call you referred to.

(And I can certainly understand Cornell fans being irked by Browning being left off.)

I don't think prior work would have harmed a player's chance,however, if you look at the conversations two years ago, there was a bit of discussion about the lack of a quality GPA from certain finalists ...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        I really can't; deliberations are very confidential. But discussion was robust. I was impressed. I have heard it hasn't always been that way. We actually went over on time.

EDIT: I think I've said this before but I don't want this to sound like a "I KNOW THINGS AND YOU DON'T HAR HAR." I know "it's very confidential" sounds obnoxious.
        I expected that answer. I guess I was hoping for some 'in a general sense...there was discussion of..." kind of thing. But I'm not surprised to not get that. It's all good. I bet it was a fun discussion.

Comment

So much for the gap of 10 points being a factor. This is a really solid final 3 in my book. ABW.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
            Giguere, Watts and Roque. Take your pick. I'm OK with any of the 3 winning although you know who I hope wins . LGT
            And later I posted

Originally posted by vicb View Post
            I will thrown in Mueller of Northeastern into the mix .
            No, I was not secretly listening in and no TTT did not tell me.

Again take your pick. I'm OK with any of the 3 winning although you know who I hope wins . LGT
            Last edited by vicb; 03-03-2020, 02:56 PM.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Some at BC (and around the country) might say "karma's a b***h" re Watts...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Giguere, Mueller, Roque the final 3
                So it's Giguere then. This is quite the precedence to totally ignore the top scorer by a wide margin like that. I have to ponder on how I feel about it. I just hope Watts winning it once already didn't play against her. That should not enter into the discussion.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                  Some at BC (and around the country) might say "karma's a b***h" re Watts...
                  HHmmm, she's still playing and had a great bounce back year, I'm not sure the juju was bad for her. Now if she broke her ankle on her first shift for UW, that's another story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    So it's Giguere then. This is quite the precedence to totally ignore the top scorer by a wide margin like that. I have to ponder on how I feel about it. I just hope Watts winning it once already didn't play against her. That should not enter into the discussion.
                    The Transfer is an unspoken penalty. Not picking the Cornell D is a travesty. Once, Watt was ruled out, Maltais, Mueller, Giguere, Roque are interchangeable. Goalies have their own award.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      HHmmm, she's still playing and had a great bounce back year, I'm not sure the juju was bad for her. Now if she broke her ankle on her first shift for UW, that's another story.
                      (As always, approaching things from a Wisconsin perspective...)

Yeah, I think about, say, Desbiens and Pankowski: Desbiens won a Kaz but not a Natty; Pankowski a Natty but not a Kaz. I'm not sure either is lying in bed thinking about 'the one that got away', but if either is, it is probably Desbiens. (Same with Hilary Knight; no Kaz, but two championships. She's probably just fine with that.)

We'll see how Watts is sleeping in a couple weeks.

Comment

Hopefully, the lights have been turned off... ABW
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

(As always, approaching things from a Wisconsin perspective...)

Yeah, I think about, say, Desbiens and Pankowski: Desbiens won a Kaz but not a Natty; Pankowski a Natty but not a Kaz. I'm not sure either is lying in bed thinking about 'the one that got away', but if either is, it is probably Desbiens. (Same with Hilary Knight; no Kaz, but two championships. She's probably just fine with that.)

Watts should sleep fine either way. She lead the country in points. Watts else was she supposed to do on a personal level?

The PK win is all opinion (apparently) and you can't control other's opinions or other's accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

The PK win is all opinion (apparently) and you can't control other's opinions or other's accomplishments.
                            Is there any award that is not decided by all Opinion?

Hobey Baker
                            NBA MVP
                            MLB MVP
                            Cy Young
                            John Wooden
                            Plethora of NC$$ Football Awards

It is what it is. Congrats to the 3 finalists and in a couple of weeks we will know the winner.
                            Last edited by vicb; 03-03-2020, 04:25 PM.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                              The Transfer is an unspoken penalty. Not picking the Cornell D is a travesty. Once, Watt was ruled out, Maltais, Mueller, Giguere, Roque are interchangeable. Goalies have their own award.
                              What is the award that goalies get?

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                What is the award that goalies get?
                                Connie Smythe

Comment

Working...
                                X