2020 Patty Kazmaier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Patty Kazmaier

Interesting take. Certainly could be a reason I guess we will see if she disappears in the next month.

As for the HC fitness and check ins.... HC might want to have a sober look at what they are doing considering they are being passed by!

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Surprising that the Watts, HC thing seems that hard to figure out.

A one dimensional player becomes diminished as the level of competition goes up. Time and space gets taken away and more physical play is encountered trying to make Team Canada and represent them in international competition. It's not that hard to figure out why there is the increased focus on training regimen and the need to take it seriously.

Comment

Yeah... what she said!! Especially the called out points.

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      If Canada hadn’t struggled to win in the past six years I’d be more receptive to this. But given their record the questioning makes sense.

And if it’s true that she’s one dimensional , well maybe she’s one dimensional in a dimension that Canada needs? Also we heard that Watts would struggle once she transferred to WCHA and she’s leading the country once again. Even if she’s not senior national team ready one
      would think they’d at least have her in development camps and trying to get through to her on weight training if that’s the issue. Until Canada gets back to gold they will rightfully be questioned on that stuff, and you can see how fans would wonder if another path makes sense.
      I’m not necessarily Team Watts all the way, just want to see Canada win gold.

I find it hard to find a collection of the stats for the National Team, but I’d be curious to see what the pool of stats looks like for the 13 games that Canada and US has played vs each other since the 2018 Olympics. Let’s say Watts is not the answer. Is the current crop of forwards the answer? I guess we’ll find out in a month.

Comment

I do recall when Watts came to UW she did an interview and she said that playing at UW might help increase the odds of latching onto the National Team. There are 3 UW forwards on TC, so the coaches must like how MJ coaches the players.

Personally I hate how physical the women's game has gotten at the international level. Women's hockey is more pure hockey to me with lack of physical play. Watts just isn't a sniper but she's also a set-up person as well. I don't see why TC isn't dying to get her talent onto the ice, other than some draconian communistic life control thing they put these ladies through.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I do recall when Watts came to UW she did an interview and she said that playing at UW might help increase the odds of latching onto the National Team. There are 3 UW forwards on TC, so the coaches must like how MJ coaches the players.
          A line of Watts, Nurse and Clark sounds pretty good to me...

Comment

Or maybe she should get a Green Card and play for Team USA

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Personally I hate how physical the women's game has gotten at the international level. Women's hockey is more pure hockey to me with lack of physical play. Watts just isn't a sniper but she's also a set-up person as well. I don't see why TC isn't dying to get her talent onto the ice, other than some draconian communistic life control thing they put these ladies through.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpl37 View Post
              Or maybe she should get a Green Card and play for Team USA
              Yeah, it's hard to say if she would crack the lineup or not. The Lami's and Kessel are getting old. I'd like to see Roque centering Watts and Pankowski for Team USA.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Looks like the point is moot. Per Darren Dregar on twitter today.

Based on the growing threat of the Coronavirus, sources say the IIHF/Hockey Canada is expected to announce today the cancellation of the 2020 Women’s World Hockey Championship scheduled to begin later this month in Halifax and Truro.

EDIT: And it's officially dead

BREAKING: International Ice Hockey Federation president tells AP women's world championships in Canada canceled because of virus.
                Last edited by joecct; 03-07-2020, 11:48 AM.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Looks like the point is moot. Per Darren Dregar on twitter today.

Based on the growing threat of the Coronavirus, sources say the IIHF/Hockey Canada is expected to announce today the cancellation of the 2020 Women’s World Hockey Championship scheduled to begin later this month in Halifax and Truro.

EDIT: And it's officially dead

BREAKING: International Ice Hockey Federation president tells AP women's world championships in Canada canceled because of virus.
                  I'm starting to worry that the Frozen Four will be played without fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                    That's pretty common for Boston.

More seriously, if the NCAA says that the men's BB show must go on, it is a strange message to say, "No fans at hockey!"
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                      (Ignoring the seriousness of the situation for the moment, I'm tempted to go for the "considering the crowds you normally see for women's hockey in Boston, is that such a big change?" joke.)

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        (Ignoring the seriousness of the situation for the moment, I'm tempted to go for the "considering the crowds you normally see for women's hockey in Boston, is that such a big change?" joke.)
                        Lol. I needed that. Thank you. And good lord I hadn’t even considered them cancelling the Frozen Four. Hope it doesn’t come to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          That's pretty common for Boston.

More seriously, if the NCAA says that the men's BB show must go on, it is a strange message to say, "No fans at hockey!"
                          Because the NCAA would never have different policies for different sports depending upon the amount of money involved.

Comment

I’m sorry guys but I’m one that believes they should cancel fans for the NCAA B-ball, and that would mean hockey too unfortunately.......imagine being an immunologist and trying to find the contact person once everyone returns to campus and towns around the country.....until we have test kits, ICU beds, and respirators for more than a couple of hundred thousand, sports especially should be smart and use uncommon judgement!

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              Move the event to the Gahden and then you can separate the fans into 1 fan in every 10th row and every 10th seat.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I wonder if the Kaz ceremony will stay on
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X