2020 Patty Kazmaier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Patty Kazmaier

That is the correct choice...Congrats to Giguere.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      All 3 finalists were deserving, I am glad that Elizabeth won. Congrats to her and to Roque and Mueller.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

It's always a nice change to see someone other than a Badger win.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
          It's always a nice change to see someone other than a Badger win.
          Eh, Wisconsin doesn't even have the most Patty Kaz winners. Not by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleIXHockey View Post
            How long is a long shot ?

Harvard 6
            Wisconsin 5
            Clarkson 3
            Minnesota 2
            Boston College 2
            Northeastern 2
            Brown 1
            Mercyhurst 1
            U of New Hampshire 1
            Last edited by vicb; 03-27-2020, 05:26 PM.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
              How long is a long shot ?

Harvard 6
              Wisconsin 5
              Clarkson 3
              Minnesota 2
              Boston College 2
              Northeastern 2
              Brown 1
              Mercyhurst 1
              U of New Hampshire 1
              And if you want to pick nits and note that Jennifer Botterill won the award twice, that would mean Harvard really only had five award winners. You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurky McLurkface View Post
                And if you want to pick nits and note that Jennifer Botterill won the award twice, that would mean Harvard really only had five award winners. You're welcome.
                A belated "Thank you". I stand corrected and give you:

Harvard 5
                Wisconsin 5
                Clarkson 3
                Minnesota 2
                Boston College 2
                Northeastern 2
                Brown 1
                Mercyhurst 1
                U of New Hampshire 1

Originally posted by TitleIXHockey View Post

So the "long shot" is a loser or winner?
                Last edited by vicb; 03-27-2020, 08:46 PM.
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

USA Hockey Magazine Podcast interviews Elizabeth Giguere

https://soundcloud.com/user-552997570/elizabeth-giguere
                  Last edited by vicb; 03-28-2020, 12:19 PM.
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    Half correct. Of the 3 that remained, yes it was the right choice.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Not that they're comparable, but do I have this correct? Of the teams with different Kaz winners and national championships it's Harvard 5 and 1, Wisconsin 5 and 5, Clarkson 3 and 3, Minnesota 2 and 7 and New Hampshire 1 and 1. Seems to me there's one team that maybe should have had a couple more winners over the years. And I know, I know it's a team sport and the two years the Gophers won any one of the five Gopher finalists was worthy of the award.
                      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-29-2020, 02:30 PM. Reason: It was probably the Russians doing.

Comment

Not that they're comparable, but do I have this correct? Of the teams with different Kaz winners and national championships it's Harvard 5 and 1, Wisconsin 5 and 5, Clarkson 3 and 3, Minnesota 2 and 7 and New Hampshire 1 and 1. Seems to me there's one team that maybe should have had a couple more winners over the years. And I know, I know it's a team sport and the two years the Gophers won any one of the five Gopher finalists was worthy of the award.
                        If you include the AWCHA Champs* from 1998-2000 then yes the totals for each are:

Team - Patty Kaz & NC$$ or AWCHA* Champs
                        Harvard 5 & 1*
                        Wisconsin 5 & 5
                        Clarkson 3 & 3
                        Minnesota 2 & 6+1*
                        Boston College 2 & 0
                        Northeastern 2 & 0
                        Brown 1 & 0
                        Mercyhurst 1 & 0
                        U of New Hampshire 1 & 1*

Last edited by vicb; 03-29-2020, 03:07 PM.
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

This is not a very good approach, as there is a big difference between individual success and team success. A lot of the Minnesota titles have come from huge depth; a third line that is really great is more likely to result in a national championship than it is a Patty Kazmeier. And, in the years of Gopher championships I was around for, I don't think that they had the single best player in the country. When it comes to Gopher players who I think got robbed of the Kaz, the most salient instance was 2013, when the wrong Gopher got the award. I thought that Megan Bozek was pretty clearly both the best and most important player on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                            This is not a very good approach, as there is a big difference between individual success and team success. A lot of the Minnesota titles have come from huge depth; a third line that is really great is more likely to result in a national championship than it is a Patty Kazmeier. And, in the years of Gopher championships I was around for, I don't think that they had the single best player in the country. When it comes to Gopher players who I think got robbed of the Kaz, the most salient instance was 2013, when the wrong Gopher got the award. I thought that Megan Bozek was pretty clearly both the best and most important player on the team.
                            I agree and realized when I wrote it that it wasn't a good approach. Megan Bozek was amazing and she is my all-time favorite player in watching the Gophers since they opened the doors at Ridder. In 2013 I thought any one of the three deserved it and in 2005 it was a coin flip, but in thinking back as far as importance to the team goes Kelly Stephens was right there.
                            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-29-2020, 07:58 PM. Reason: Okay, maybe I was wrong about the Russians, too.

Comment

In 2004, I thought that Krissy was the most dominant player in the country, but as a two-time Olympian, Ruggiero had a greater reputation.

As for a program that was undervalued by the Kazmaier voters, UMD didn't get much love. IMO, Martin was the best player in 2008 and Blais was in 2010, but the timing of the award worked against both.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I wasn't a Mercyhurst fan (not that there's anything wrong with that), but I always thought Meghan Agosta was robbed. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I don't know if there are any other four-time finalists who never won the award.

Comment

Working...
                                X