Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Bernie won the first popular vote with 27k.
    Pete had 23.6k
    Warren 20.8k
    Biden 16.1k

Pete gained 3,300 from first to final. Biden lost 2000.
    With 62% reporting. THese aren't final results. I'm assuming you know that.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Huh. Not so good for Biden.
      This is not good for anybody not nicknamed "Mayor Pete". I only saw like one poll out of a thousand that had Buttigieg in the lead and I think it was one of his relatives that commissioned it.

St. Bernard of Vermont allegedly had all of the momentum going into the last week, so this isn't good for him although he will most likely win NH.

Warren could have used at least a strong 2nd place showing. Instead she's quite a bit off the frontrunners which makes NH even that more important.

Uncle Joe's Zombie campaign shuffles on due to the muddle but he now lives and dies with the unpredictable Nevada caucus. Presumably he can still bank South Carolina because of his strong African American support but if he goes 1 for 4 in the first contests I'd expect his supporters to get more comfortable with Mayor Pete or Mayor Bloomberg!
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        With 62% reporting. THese aren't final results. I'm assuming you know that.
        Correct.

Klobuchar only lost 700.
        Steyer lost 1600.
        Yang lost 4600.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Correct.

Klobuchar only lost 700.
          Steyer lost 1600.
          Yang lost 4600.
          That makes sense because Yang and Steyer, and Klobuchar for that matter, had a huge hill to climb to get to 15%. I'm guessing 90%+ precincts had Steyer and Yang below 15%.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            This is not good for anybody not nicknamed "Mayor Pete". I only saw like one poll out of a thousand that had Buttigieg in the lead and I think it was one of his relatives that commissioned it.

St. Bernard of Vermont allegedly had all of the momentum going into the last week, so this isn't good for him although he will most likely win NH.

Warren could have used at least a strong 2nd place showing. Instead she's quite a bit off the frontrunners which makes NH even that more important.

Uncle Joe's Zombie campaign shuffles on due to the muddle but he now lives and dies with the unpredictable Nevada caucus. Presumably he can still bank South Carolina because of his strong African American support but if he goes 1 for 4 in the first contests I'd expect his supporters to get more comfortable with Mayor Pete or Mayor Bloomberg!
            Nevada has the big hotel employees union that should be good for Biden. It has a high Latino population; I have no idea who that's good for outta these people, but I do know whoever our nominee is had better name Abrams or Castro and their running mate.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Pete gained 3,300 from first to final. Biden lost 2000.
              Which backs up my thinking from 6 months ago that if you want to get Biden out Mayor Pete is the best possible option. Assuming Pete doesnt win he is going to have his pick of jobs for the winner.

Unless he somehow takes Nevada or South Carolina in which case...game on
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Nevada has the big hotel employees union that should be good for Biden. It has a high Latino population; I have no idea who that's good for outta these people, but I do know whoever our nominee is had better name Abrams or Castro and their running mate.
                Castro? Yuck. Its too early to be this drunk.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Then bring me a different cute Latino.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Which backs up my thinking from 6 months ago that if you want to get Biden out Mayor Pete is the best possible option.
                    Yes, Pete is good for splitting Biden's vote. Now combine with Warren fading relative to Sanders and good god Bernie might actually have a shot. I cannot imagine this party having to adjust to sincere liberalism again for the first time in 50 years. It's gonna pull something.

So far this is very good news.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      That makes sense because Yang and Steyer, and Klobuchar for that matter, had a huge hill to climb to get to 15%. I'm guessing 90%+ precincts had Steyer and Yang below 15%.
                      538 has a chart showing how many precincts candidates weren't viable in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Lucky. I’ve been seeing Steyer ads on TV for weeks.
                        Just another reason that I'm really glad I rarely watch live TV.

Comment

I agree Castro is our Rubio, but as Veep he'd be OK.

Comment

Have many of you gone to political events? I live fairly close to NH and am going to try to make a few in the next week. Are they worth going to?
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Have many of you gone to political events? I live fairly close to NH and am going to try to make a few in the next week. Are they worth going to?
                              I attended one of Obama's Iowa primary campaign stops in a rural elementary school cafeteria in December of 2007. A real intimate experience with the candidate, and although it was mostly supporters, some good questions. A good feel for what primaries are like, with wintry weather, bad roads and a tiny town venue in the middle of nowhere. Must suck for candidates. I don't know how they stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                I went to an Obama primary event in February of 2008 with a few thousand people in the old Bangor Auditorium. I think 7000 people showed up and they had room for like 5500. You could really sense the feeling of hope from the crowd. Totally worth it. I felt like I was part of history.

In 2004 while in grad school I had gone to see John Edwards when he spoke on campus as VP candidate. Totally different. No real excitement.
                                Last edited by BassAle; 02-04-2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X