Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Gillum had an interesting thought on Maher last night. He said maybe the reason Iowa turnout wasn’t as high as people anticipated (and I see NH is now lowering expectations) is because were exhausted and don’t really care who the nominee is- we just want him out.

I admit, I’m exasperated at progressives who spend their energy screaming about Pete instead of just campaigning for their person. I’m voting for the anti nazi no matter what

Comment

Turnout was only down among older voters, young turnout increased and was actually higher than 2008 (17-29). That’s not to say he’s wrong overall but I’m not sure his reasoning follows for young people necessarily.

And the concern about Pete is valid, he doesn’t poll nearly as well against Trump as Bernie or Biden, he’s funded by billionaires, he’s not going to get support from minorities, and McKinsey/Harvard isn’t exactly going to inspire working class voters to vote for him over Trump. It’s great that you’ll #votebluenomatterwho but it’s pretty obvious that certain candidates will generate more turnout and enthusiasm than him and we need to operate based on that reality.
      Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-08-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        I admit, I’m exasperated at progressives who spend their energy screaming about Pete instead of just campaigning for their person. I’m voting for the anti nazi no matter what
        And I, in turn, am sick to death of "centrists" who rail against the Left. What I hear is a bunch of entitled rentiers who have controlled the party for 40 years, sh-t the bed repeatedly, but can't accept that we no longer want to settle for their bullsh-t. We have sat in the back seat patiently while they've delivered nothing. Now we're taking the wheel but all of a sudden they can't tolerate being told to go along and vote like good little soldiers for the common good -- something we did for two lost generations. They're hypocrites.

Even Jerry Jones eventually fired Jason Garrett.
        Last edited by Kepler; 02-08-2020, 04:47 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Interesting article on Pete and the utes.
          Gotta bump this article because it summed up my feelings on Pete pretty well. He’s just comes across as so manufactured and fake. An encapsulation of every rich (not wealthy), pseudo “liberal” I’ve known since high school going “hey, things aren’t great but they’re not that bad man!”

No Pete, things are pretty s- for most of us and you’re not helping.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            And I, in turn, am sick to death of "centrists" who rail against the Left. What I hear is a bunch of entitled rentiers who have controlled the party for 40 years, sh-t the bed repeatedly, but can't accept that we no longer want to settle for their bullsh-t. We have sat in the back seat patiently while they've delivered nothing. Now we're taking the wheel but all of a sudden they can't tolerate being told to go along and vote like good little soldiers for the common good -- something we did for two lost generations. They're hypocrites.

It goes both ways. Most of my friends are progressive so I don’t hear as much of the centrist rants

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Or, just maybe, your policies just aren’t as popular as you think and your candidates and their fanbases didn’t engender much good will. How much the far left has learned.

The far left isn’t as large as you think. It’s thinking like that which carries about as much weight as the silent majority.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                A lot of people who get into Harvard have professionals write their entry papers and have had tutors their whole lives helping them do and say all the right things to get into Harvard. I’m sure they’re of above average intelligence for the most part but that’s also partly because of all the advantages they had growing up. With Pete we’re talking about a guy who defended his police wearing t-shirts that said, “breathe easy don’t break the law” right around the time of Eric Garner’s death with a “both sides” argument that Rube would make. I suppose you could still be “smart” or not “mediocre” and make that argument but that’s not the most intelligent thing anyone has ever done
                Thanks for needlessly injecting me in the convo. Obsession.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It’s an accurate and relatable comparison so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

It’s an accurate and relatable comparison so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                    Do you have any friends?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Or, just maybe, your policies just aren’t as popular as you think and your candidates and their fanbases didn’t engender much good will. How much the far left has learned.

The far left isn’t as large as you think. It’s thinking like that which carries about as much weight as the silent majority.
                      Every poll shows that you’re wrong but it’s not like you actually care about facts anymore than the average trump supporter. Their fan base on twitter and in your head also doesn’t reflect the reality of the movement and honestly they aren’t exactly wrong to tell people like you, who’d rather have go fund me for insulin and more troops dying like today, to get ****ed.
                      Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Do you have any friends?
                      Yeah, do you?
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-08-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Every poll shows that you’re wrong but it’s not like you actually care about facts anymore than the average trump supporter. Their fan base on twitter and in your head also doesn’t reflect the reality of the movement and honestly they aren’t exactly wrong to tell people like you, who’d rather have go fund me for insulin and more troops dying like today, to get ****ed. Yeah, do you?
                        Ok, time for you to go on block. You’re worse than flaggy.

Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Hahahahaha

Comment

Yeah, do you?
                            Are you sure? Because I doubt the, "I'm the smartest person in every room I enter" persona has been a winning formula through the years. This sums you (playing the part of Richard (aka Dick)) up quite nicely. Stick with the scorched Earth mentality if you must.

Comment

Yeah dude we know you don’t like how I post.

Comment

You know I haven't had in awhile? Big League Chew.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X