Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Because he said the police have free speech rights? He clearly didn’t agree with the shirts. But don’t let that stop you on your crusade.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Again, we'll see. A lot of this is driven by the reporting. More news cycles, more coverage, more votes. People decide on their votes irrationally.
      I don’t disagree. They could easily be factoring in frontrunnerism to their model. People like voting for who they think will win, not necessarily who they agree the most with.
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        A lot of people who get into Harvard have professionals write their entry papers and have had tutors their whole lives helping them do and say all the right things to get into Harvard. I’m sure they’re of above average intelligence for the most part but that’s also partly because of all the advantages they had growing up. With Pete we’re talking about a guy who defended his police wearing t-shirts that said, “breathe easy don’t break the law” right around the time of Eric Garner’s death with a “both sides” argument that Rube would make. I suppose you could still be “smart” or not “mediocre” and make that argument but that’s not the most intelligent thing anyone has ever done
        Having met my share of these people they divide into three groups: rich idiots who drool on themselves but daddy bought a wing, conveyor belt kids who have been groomed for this by domineering helicopter parents since they popped outta the womb, and kids who really are in the top 1% in intelligence. The percentages vary. At Harvard or Stanford you'll see 30/50/20. At a cough "lesser" Ivy it's more like 10/40/50. At MIT it approaches 1/1/98.

My impression is Buttigieg straddles the line between groups II and III. He's a faculty brat, so he had advantages but he was also acculturated to appreciate learning for its own sake. He's not some businessman's son polishing apples just to get the Big Promotion.

Now, don't get me wrong. He's a politician so he's a vampire sociopath. But I think he has a brain, too, and that beats the sh-t we have now.
        Last edited by Kepler; 02-08-2020, 11:44 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I don’t disagree. They could easily be factoring in frontrunnerism to their model. People like voting for who they think will win, not necessarily who they agree the most with.
          Not just frontrunnerism but also just awareness. We would be amazed at the space between the ears of the average voter. Imagine not knowing anything substantive about politics. Nothing. Only knowing personalities like it was a celebrity red carpet. Well, that's half the electorate. They have no ideology. They follow this like the Olympics, every four years.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Half? You’re feeling mighty generous today.
            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Because he said the police have free speech rights? He clearly didn’t agree with the shirts. But don’t let that stop you on your crusade.
              Yeah it’s almost like using the guise of free speech and gobbledygook bothsideisms to defend your cops racism isn’t a good look! Who knew!?
              Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-08-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Half? You’re feeling mighty generous today.
                The older I get the more I am impressed that the dummies truly are dumb, but also that about half the population could, if their life depended upon it, think their way out of a low difficulty escape room.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  538 just flip-flopped Sanders and Biden in their model. Huh. It's happening. In all honesty I never imagined the US would grow up in my lifetime.
                  As far as I understand it, the only reason Biden's been polling as well as he has is name recognition. His campaigning has been lackluster, his ability to outline a message and a reason to vote for him, the same, his debate performances weak, and not really inspiring a huge number of people that he's the one.

Now that the rubber is actually hitting the road, we may be seeing the results of all that.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yeah it’s almost like using the guise of free speech to defend your cops racism isn’t a good look! Who knew!?
                    You didn’t even read what he said.
                    Code:

Comment

You didn’t even read what he said.
                      Buttigieg asserted that the two sides of the controversy were really not that divided after all. “They’re being portrayed like they’re on two different sides, but they’re not even talking about the same thing,” he explained. “We’re talking about two different things. And one of those is the way that race is playing a role in our criminal justice system. And the other is about the safety of police officers who go out there every day and risk their lives. And I fear that we’re being led down this path that you have to choose between being pro-minority/pro-equal rights and pro-police.”
                      That's... not a good response to your cops being racist. Also we know about his other actions re SBPD.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        As far as I understand it, the only reason Biden's been polling as well as he has is name recognition. His campaigning has been lackluster, his ability to outline a message and a reason to vote for him, the same, his debate performances weak, and not really inspiring a huge number of people that he's the one.

Now that the rubber is actually hitting the road, we may be seeing the results of all that.
                        Honestly, I think it’s the ground game. Pete and very likely Bernie’s ground games are phenomenal. I’m guessing Bloomberg has an amazing one as well.

Pete’s campaign knew the results before the IDP did. They had a plan with their precinct captains and executed. Bernie has that grassroots game that’s been refined and hardened over four years. It’s cult-like, and I say that as a compliment for the first time ever.

The reason I want Pete over Bernie is because Bernie isn’t going to build a coalition and get things done. He’ll sit, pout, and b—tch if he doesn’t get it his way. The reason his legislative record is as empty as Trump’s head.

Pete came out of nowhere in a couple years. Obama did the same thing (better). Pete is far more likely to steamroll Mitch than Bernie. He might even outlive him. Bernie is the brute force method, which only works if you have 50%+1. If you don’t have a plan and a strategy you’re going to get literally nothing. I’d rather get something than nothing.
                        Code:

Comment

the reason i want pete over bernie is because bernie isn’t going to build a coalition and get things done
                          hahahahahhaa

It's literally the opposite, one of these candidates is building an actual movement and momentum that will continue once in office. The other has mostly the support of rich people that will go back to brunch. Also if you seriously want him over Bernie then you pretty obviously don't care about climate change, wealth inequality, or even beating Trump in the first place because he pretty obviously won't.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-08-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

hahahahahhaa
                            Oh, that third ‘ha’ was such an excellent point. I’ve changed my worldview. How did I not think of it that way before?
                            Code:

Comment

I mean I edited it but someone who actually thinks Pete is going to beat Trump or do anything worthwhile to stop future Trumps from being elected is completely delusional and not worth responding to seriously. Not to mention what I quoted is laugh track worthy.

Comment

As I said, lackluster campaign. Not sure Joe really understands how to build a juggernaut in this day and age.

I'm not thrilled with Pete. Too white bread for me, but if he's the nominee, I'm behind him all the way. Especially if he picks Lizzie as his running mate. But I doubt if she's the best choice politically.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X