Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    There's a chart for that.

Minneapolis ranks 46th in racial diversity of the 66 cities listed, between St. Louis and Nashville.

Most diverse:

1. Stockton, CA
    2. Oakland, CA
    3. Sacramento, CA
    4. New York, NY
    5. Long Beach, CA

Least diverse:

66. El Paso, TX
    65. Detroit MI
    64. Lexington, KY
    63. Portland, OR (somehow not 66th)
    62. Louisville, KY
    Well yeah, a few white hipsters aren't going to change Detroit. We still practice de facto redlining.

Really surprised to see El Paso there.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Don't click that link, unless you want conspiracy crapola in your YouTube "Suggestions" feed for the next month.
      I did and I got an invitation to Vlady Putin's birthday party.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        There's a chart for that.

Minneapolis ranks 46th in racial diversity of the 66 cities listed, between St. Louis and Nashville.

Most diverse:

1. Stockton, CA
        2. Oakland, CA
        3. Sacramento, CA
        4. New York, NY
        5. Long Beach, CA

Least diverse:

66. El Paso, TX
        65. Detroit MI
        64. Lexington, KY
        63. Portland, OR (somehow not 66th)
        62. Louisville, KY
        Interesting that St. Paul comes in at 29, between Cleveland and DC.

There's still quite a bit of white to be found in the SW and NE neighborhoods of MPLS.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Don't click that link, unless you want conspiracy crapola in your YouTube "Suggestions" feed for the next month.
          Too late.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Interesting that St. Paul comes in at 29, between Cleveland and DC.
            So what's the deal between Minneapolis and St. Paul? What are the reps? Is it university vs locals?, big vs small?, liberal vs conservative?, old money vs new money? What?

Minneapolis : St. Paul :: x : y
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So what's the deal between Minneapolis and St. Paul? What are the reps? Is it university vs locals?, big vs small?, liberal vs conservative?, old money vs new money? What?
              Mayo vs Miracle Whip

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I might have to also. Hanging onto my mail-in ballot for a couple more weeks. I'll be skiing in Alberta during the actual MI primary.
                And I guess I'm a homophobe for not going with Peter of South Bend. I don't even understand that logic.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Minneapolis : St. Paul :: x : y
                  Swedish vs Irish.

In all seriousness, I'm not certain. MPLS is having white hipsters move in, and some retired folks move back into one of the many condos that have been built. St. Paul hasn't.

Comment

Swedish vs Irish.

In all seriousness, I'm not certain. MPLS is having white hipsters move in, and some retired folks move back into one of the many condos that have been built. St. Paul hasn't.
                    SP is more working class?
                    Cornell University

Comment

Minneapolis has that whole 'hood around a couple of lakes where the twenty-something Target yuppies congregate (generally known as "Southwest"). The rest of the city is pretty much like any other Rust Belt town. Nordeast used to have the reputation "Compton of the North", but I think the white dudes with handlebar mustaches have encroached in recent years and that has started to change.

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Mayo vs Miracle Whip
                      OK, I laughed.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Minneapolis has that whole 'hood around a couple of lakes where the twenty-something Target yuppies congregate (generally known as "Southwest"). The rest of the city is pretty much like any other Rust Belt town. Nordeast used to have the reputation "Compton of the North", but I think the white dudes with handlebar mustaches have encroached in recent years and that has started to change.
                        You're thinking of North, not Nordeast. Nordeast was Poles and Russians, but is being taken over by hipsters. North is still the area people avoid, and is of course where I live. It isn't as bad as its press. Gentrification efforts are underway, and it causes some conflict of course.

Comment

(1) Let's say you have to buy property in one sight unseen. Which do you pick?

(2) Now let's say you are going to a party in one, sight unseen. Which do you pick?

For example: The City vs Brooklyn

(1) Manhattan
                          (2) Brooklyn

DC vs Baltimore

(1) DC
                          (2) Baltimore

Boston vs Cambridge

(1) Cambridge
                          (2) Cambridge
                          Last edited by Kepler; 02-12-2020, 12:27 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

You're thinking of North, not Nordeast. Nordeast was Poles and Russians, but is being taken over by hipsters. North is still the area people avoid, and is of course where I live. It isn't as bad as its press. Gentrification efforts are underway, and it causes some conflict of course.
                            Ah, you're right. Those parts that border Robbinsdale?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Ah, you're right. Those parts that border Robbinsdale?
                              Yep, that's North. Robbinsdale to the west and Brooklyn Center to the north.

Comment

(1) Let's say you have to buy property in one sight unseen. Which do you pick?

(2) Now let's say you are going to a party in one, sight unseen. Which do you pick?

For example: The City vs Brooklyn

(1) Manhattan
                                (2) Brooklyn

DC vs Baltimore

(1) DC
                                (2) Baltimore

Boston vs Cambridge

(1) Cambridge
                                (2) Cambridge
                                Even then these cities are HUUUUUUGE and you have to detail the neighborhood
                                Murray hill vs bedstuy
                                Beacon hill vs back of the hill

C’mon man
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X