Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Because values are more important to me than political parties. Sure, party affiliations can help crystallize your beliefs but it doesn't define them. Giving a speech in primetime at the RNC and espousing opinions like MissT is an "it" and "a guy in a dress" does.
    Then im sorry...if Bloomberg is the nominee and you don't vote...you are helping Trump win. And then IMO...you have ZERO right to ***** about Trump the next 4 years because you wouldn't get off your ***.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Then im sorry...if Bloomberg is the nominee and you don't vote...you are helping Trump win. And then IMO...you have ZERO right to ***** about Trump the next 4 years because you wouldn't get off your ***.
      I'm actually working to make sure that doesn't happen.

What is anyone else in this thread doing, other than displaying their skills as keyboard warriors and mocking those of us trying to make a difference?

Comment

What is anyone else in this thread doing, other than displaying their skills as keyboard warriors and mocking those of us trying to make a difference?
        I'll vote D no matter what. That's what I can do. You won't say the same and for some of us...that is a problem and your work now will go for naught.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

There are two absolute truths about the November election; One, defeating trump is essential. And two, it isn't sufficient. But you will quite probably have lost the opportunity to do anything further to remake our politics even a little bit if trump isn't defeated.

I'm happy for anything that anyone can do between now and November to help make that happen, but if that doesn't also include voting for the Democratic Party's eventual nominee (who will be one of 5 or 6 people) for president, you will be contributing to a possible trump win. You can rationalize it away, and it is absolutely your right to vote for who you want to vote for (or to vote for no one) but the truth is, I hope everyone who considers not voting for the Democrat if it isn't their preferred nominee really stops to think about the future.

I believe the only sane thing to do is voting for the only person who has a chance to beat trump in November, and that is going to be the Democratic Party nominee.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

No matter who wins in November it would signal the end of our Republic. Not that most of you care.
            Yeah we dont care. Tell us some more about how much more you care than we do. We are all just pathetic little nothings who barely pay attention...please oh great one help us see the light.

Dont worry, you dont sound like a ***** at all...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              You are confusing two issues. When people say "blue no matter who" they aren't saying they don't care who gets the nomination or what they stand for. They're expressing the need to defeat Nazis.

Putting emphasis on the one is not withdrawing it from the other. That's a false choice deliberately being seeded through our ranks by the enemy.

Think of it this way. If a somebody says "I'm starving, I need to eat" and somebody else says "we should eat healthier," they are not contradicting each other. They are each talking about a different problem, but those solutions are not in conflict.

When people act as if having solidarity behind all Dems is somehow detracting from the fight to find the best Dem, they are falling into a propaganda trap laid by conservative and Russian agitprop. That is an explicit, intentional, and clever attack on us. Don't give it oxygen.
              He isnt going to listen to you. He believes anyone who doesnt support his chosen one isnt pure, and is just voting for a lesser form of what we already have. That is why he says most people in here have no interest in saving the country despite all of us agreeing on what needs to be done. (including some of us supporting his chosen one which makes it even more bizarre) He isnt confused, he isnt misinterpreting and he isnt being hyperbolic...the words he says he means, and there are plenty of them out there just like him.

The irony is he doesnt see he is more a part of the problem than we could ever be. They never do.

You get it. They dont. You ignore it, but you have shown you have a blind spot when you want to see the best in people.

Oh and before one of the bots twists it...I 100% hate Mike Bloomberg and pray every day he loses. No matter what though he is still better than what we have...we can just do better than him.
              Last edited by Handyman; 02-18-2020, 09:28 PM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Has anyone here even expressed support for Bloomberg winning the nomination?
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

And you know we arent doing anything because...oh you dont you are just trying to make yourself sound important and special. Congrats have a cookie. Trust me you arent the only one fighting for the cause.

I mean I know I am just a Wall Street loving Centrist Conservadem but Bernie didnt seem to mind taking my money or sending me emails every 10 days or so looking for more. (nor did the ACLU or the Sierra Club...or the NRDC...etc) He sure as heck didnt mind my vote for him in 2016 or me spreading his message. The only thing he seemed to mind was me admitting he lost and supporting the one who beat him. Funny how that works...
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    There are two absolute truths about the November election; One, defeating trump is essential. And two, it isn't sufficient. But you will quite probably have lost the opportunity to do anything further to remake our politics even a little bit if trump isn't defeated.

I'm happy for anything that anyone can do between now and November to help make that happen, but if that doesn't also include voting for the Democratic Party's eventual nominee (who will be one of 5 or 6 people) for president, you will be contributing to a possible trump win. You can rationalize it away, and it is absolutely your right to vote for who you want to vote for (or to vote for no one) but the truth is, I hope everyone who considers not voting for the Democrat if it isn't their preferred nominee really stops to think about the future.

I believe the only sane thing to do is voting for the only person who has a chance to beat trump in November, and that is going to be the Democratic Party nominee.
                    Good god ALL OF THIS! I wish someone would explain to the bots that just because we are #anyonebutTrump now doesnt mean that is our standard going forward. You have to win first otherwise nothing else matters.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Since when does that matter?
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Of course not. Now go volunteer, you terrible and lazy ruiner of the union.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

I think your ego is a little over inflated. You honestly have no ****ing clue what any of us are doing.

It’s true, some of us have jobs and can’t drop everything to go to another state to knock on doors so we can tell ourselves and our internet buddies that we helped our preferred candidate squeeze out a victory with a whopping 25.7% of the vote in his neighboring state. The rest of us are doing what we can AND pledging to vote for the Democrat no matter what.

I’ll be Bernie’s biggest fan if he’s on the ballot. And apologies to Amber, but I’ll even be a Bloomberg fan if it comes to that. Anyone running as a democrat is light years better than Trump. Trump winning again will be a disaster, but he probably will because the democrats can’t get their **** together and agree to go all in on the eventual nominee.
                          Last edited by BassAle; 02-18-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              I don’t agree with him on a couple of key areas, but he generally checks the boxes. I’d vote for him and not think twice.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                I think your ego is a little over inflated. You honestly have no ****ing clue what any of us are doing.

It’s true, some of us have jobs and can’t drop everything to go to another state to knock on doors so we can tell ourselves and our internet buddies that we helped our preferred candidate squeeze out a victory with a whopping 25.7% of the vote in his neighboring state. The rest of us are doing what we can AND pledging to vote for the Democrat no matter what.

I’ll be Bernie’s biggest fan if he’s on the ballot. And apologies to Amber, but I’ll even be a Bloomberg fan if it comes to that. Anyone running as a democrat is light years better than Trump. Trump winning again will be a disaster, but he probably will because the democrats can’t get their **** together and agree to go all in on the eventual nominee.
                                Absolutely. I want to staple this to people’s foreheads sometimes.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X