Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    To be fair I did not specify hair color, but...

BTW that, that right there, above, is money, not smart, and that's why it's not fun, it's painful and nasty. It thinks it's smart because it's about someone (ostensibly) smart but it's through the filter of Hollywood, which is the worst kind of money since it thinks it's smart and clever but is really only cynical and predictably, predatorially witty in those angry short sharp sentences because it read Dorothy Parker when it was at prep school because... it is money.
    The movie clip? It was smart because it took him to the woodshed for being the insufferable weasel that he is. I might have missed your point though.

Comment

I had read this earlier but had to verify - turns out its true. Bill Clinton lost 10 out of the first 11 contests in 1992 (although he did pick up delegates along the way). Only when the primaries moved down South around Super Tuesday did he start killing it. Back then the primary winners were divided as well between Jerry Brown, Tom Harkin, and Paul Tsongas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_D...tial_primaries
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I don't recall Doc getting elected President, though, did he?
        That's the 4th one.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Agreed. The neighborhoods vary greatly. I'll answer using the two neighborhoods that are the most dangerous, Frogtown (StP) and North (MPLS)

1. North
          2. North

I use the term dangerous because the area around Lake and Hiawatha in MPLS technically has more crime, but North has more violent crime.
          One of my wife’s best friend has two brothers on the SPPD, they tell her that 5th St and Cedar is the most dangerous intersection in all of St. Paul for non-traffic related issues. It’s a big LRT and bus hub there. They mentioned it to her because her husband works right in that area, about a block over (downtown St. Paul).
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Just go vote for Trump already, товарищ.
            I’m not a republican nor Alex jones guy, sorry.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
              The only times it's been thrown out regularly on this board are for flaggy and you. But nothing I say is going to dissuade you since I'm a proud member of a state bureaucracy, so whatever. I'm not clicking on random links from you, though. You've posted too much batshiat insanity to have earned that trust.
              Name one thing i’ve Said that isn’t backed up by facts (investigative reporters with burnished credentials). Just because you may not know mintpress news, consortiumnews, who what why, Gary Webb, Whitney Webb and others doesn’t mean they’re conspiracy sites or people. In fact i’d Bet anything you won’t find factual errors in their reporting. Trust me, the NYTimes and WAPO try to find errors and cannot come up with anything.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                I use the term dangerous because the area around Lake and Hiawatha in MPLS technically has more crime, but North has more violent crime.
                The basic rule of thumb is:

Best Property: buy where there's property crime
                Best Party: go where there's violent crime
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I can't imagine there is anybody on the Cafe who will vote for Dump. I would guess 90% of us will vote for the Dem nominee and the other 10% will not vote or vote for a third candidate. I'm willing to bet every one of the frequent posters except SJHovey and Drew vote for the Dem. Even Rube. And especially trix and solo.

Loony Lefty, Crazy Conspiracy Theory, or Dull Centrist, none of us are going to miss a chance to end the Nazi regime without firing a shot.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-12-2020, 04:00 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

I can't imagine there is anybody on the Cafe who will vote for Dump. I would guess 90% of us will vote for the Dem nominee and the other 10% will not vote or vote for a third candidate. I'm willing to bet every one of the frequent posters except SJHovey and Drew vote for the Dem. Even Rube. And especially trix and solo.

Loony Lefty, Crazy Conspiracy Theory, or Dull Centrist, none of us are going to miss a chance to end the Nazi regime without firing a shot.
                    We'll see.

I certainly won't vote for Trump. Didn't before and I see no reason to now.

I won't vote for Bernie. I'd vote third party again before that. My main concern with Bernie would be if the D's control the House and Senate. If not, I don't really care whether he's POTUS.

I'd vote for Klobuchar, as I have numerous times in the past here in Minnesota. Same for Bloomberg, notwithstanding his position on the 2nd Amendment. I'd probably vote for Pete. No chance for Warren, Biden or the rest.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

This. Bernie is not my first choice, but if it's him I'm in like there's no tomorrow. Same with all five/six of them, they all have their own set of strengths, to say nothing of the fact that they're all functioning adults, which is more than enough this time around.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Solo’s “so long brah” message to dump after Bernie (or insert nominee here) shellac’s him: https://youtu.be/FNcxj54qtyk

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I won't vote for Bernie. I'd vote third party again before that. My main concern with Bernie would be if the D's control the House and Senate. If not, I don't really care whether he's POTUS.
                          I respect your opinion and your values, but let me ask you this. Is there any reasonably likely (say, > 5%) set of circumstances under which Bernie would be a more dangerous president than Dump? I completely get that his ideology and his (my) preferred policies revolt you. But those policies still lie within the boundaries of democratric government and rule of law. My appeal to you is that no matter how "wrong headed" you think him, Bernie will not end democracy or the world. And Dump actually could.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Not possible. There is no such thing as these types of Bernie fans it is all made up Twitter stuff (speaking as a Bernie fan the True Believers are awful)

Kep,

Hovey is voting in Minnesota his third party vote won't count. Unlike Collins or Murkowski Hovey will definitely vote against what he dislikes especially when it doesn't matter. (and it doesn't Minnesota won't be within 5 points)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                This. Bernie is not my first choice, but if it's him I'm in like there's no tomorrow. Same with all five/six of them, they all have their own set of strengths, to say nothing of the fact that they're all functioning adults, which is more than enough this time around.
                                Agree. If it’s bernie, I become a disciple to the maple syrup messiah the next day.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X