Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    And I guess I'm a homophobe for not going with Peter of South Bend. I don't even understand that logic.
    You're not voting for Pete because he's boring and has no real ideas. The idea of voting for a candidate just because you identify with his/her skin color or orientation is stupid, and part of what gave us Dump.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Don't click that link, unless you want conspiracy crapola in your YouTube "Suggestions" feed for the next month.
      Good grief, grow up. Talk about what Jimmy Dore correctly addressed. It’s not fake news or conspiracy bull****.

Part of the problem in this discourse is people who don’t think or don’t want to think just blurt out “conspiracy theorist!!!” “Tin foil hatter!”

What Dore said is accurate and demonstrably so.

Also, I for anyone that throws around the CT term do you know where that originated and who created that term?

The document is posted here: http://www.jfklancer.com/CIA.html
      Created by Richard Helm’s Garrison Group.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Just go vote for Trump already, товарищ.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Even then these cities are HUUUUUUGE and you have to detail the neighborhood
          Murray hill vs bedstuy
          Beacon hill vs back of the hill

C’mon man
          Agreed. The neighborhoods vary greatly. I'll answer using the two neighborhoods that are the most dangerous, Frogtown (StP) and North (MPLS)

1. North
          2. North

I use the term dangerous because the area around Lake and Hiawatha in MPLS technically has more crime, but North has more violent crime.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            And I guess I'm a homophobe for not going with Peter of South Bend. I don't even understand that logic.
            Naa, you're not a homophobe, you're white!

Seriously, you and Fade are right, voting for someone based purely on some perceived identity trait you share is what gets us ridiculous politicians. Then again, I did vote for Obama largely because he was black... Of course I bowl and play hockey left-handed and play golf and baseball right-handed so I'm a little messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Murray hill vs bedstuy

C’mon man
              Why would you go to a party in Cambridge?

Buy a house: Cambridge - pretty much completely gentrified at this point. Chance you get a cool neighbor like Lizzy Warren if you've got 10M bucks to buy the property site unseen near Harvard Square.

Party: Boston. Whether you're hanging with hipsters or Good Will Hunting dudes you can always talk sports and everybody's in a good mood because they're either killing it on salary (hipsters) or killing it on appreciation in property values (Good Will Hunting dudes).
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                SP is more working class?
                It certainly has that reputation. I'd also say that in terms of going out for a night on the town, pretty much everyone does that in Minneapolis as there isn't as much of a scene for it in SP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Biden stays all the way, he's got nowhere else to go.

Warren, I hope, wins in MA and then hangs em up and gives a 100% endorsement to Sanders.
                  I don't think Biden has money enough to go all the way, barring winning a couple states and getting the cash spigot turned on.

I guess he could always ask Ukraine for help.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Good grief, grow up. Talk about what Jimmy Dore correctly addressed. It’s not fake news or conspiracy bull****.

Part of the problem in this discourse is people who don’t think or don’t want to think just blurt out “conspiracy theorist!!!” “Tin foil hatter!”

What Dore said is accurate and demonstrably so.

Also, I for anyone that throws around the CT term do you know where that originated and who created that term?

The document is posted here: http://www.jfklancer.com/CIA.html
                    Created by Richard Helm’s Garrison Group.
                    The only times it's been thrown out regularly on this board are for flaggy and you. But nothing I say is going to dissuade you since I'm a proud member of a state bureaucracy, so whatever. I'm not clicking on random links from you, though. You've posted too much batshiat insanity to have earned that trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      I'd imagine that's a bunch of stiffs sitting around sipping wine, exactly like the party scene in Legally Blonde.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I'd imagine that's a bunch of stiffs sitting around sipping wine, exactly like the party scene in Legally Blonde.
                        Even Cambridge has different neighborhoods

Porter sq isn’t Harvard sq. Central sq is edgier than both.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

(1) Let's say you have to buy property in one sight unseen. Which do you pick?

(2) Now let's say you are going to a party in one, sight unseen. Which do you pick?

For example: The City vs Brooklyn

(1) Manhattan
                          (2) Brooklyn

DC vs Baltimore

(1) DC
                          (2) Baltimore

Boston vs Cambridge

(1) Cambridge
                          (2) Cambridge
                          The money is in Minneapolis. The entire commercial district is laid out in pretty much of a perfect grid of one way streets that look like a soduku puzzle from above. A lot of expensive condos and tall office buildings filled with lawyers and bankers. The NFL, NBA and MLB stadiums are in downtown Minneapolis. Surrounding the commercial district are the hipster neighborhoods. Most of the theater district is found in Minneapolis.

St. Paul feels like Boston when you are driving. Roads just go in whatever direction they want to, for no particular reason. Jesse Ventura was correct when he said it looks like it was laid out by drunken Irishmen. The commercial district is a lot smaller, and a whole lot less money, but it contains the state capitol and the surrounding office structures. It is also where the NHL hockey arena is located. When you go to a professional baseball game (at a very nice stadium) in downtown St. Paul, it will be minor league baseball and a pig will deliver the baseballs to the umpire. I personally think it's more fun to party in downtown St. Paul than Minneapolis, but of course I'm a hockey guy.

The University of Minnesota (and the Mississippi River) divide the two.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

There's a chart for that.

Minneapolis ranks 46th in racial diversity of the 66 cities listed, between St. Louis and Nashville.
                            That ranking doesn't necessarily demonstrate it's 'lily white'.

*FYI St. Paul was 29th.

*As for the thread topic - so we're stuck with Bernie?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Murray hill vs bedstuy

C’mon man
                              Of course. I was saying, "if you're a betting man..." That was the whole point.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Buy a house: Cambridge - pretty much completely gentrified at this point. Chance you get a cool neighbor like Lizzy Warren if you've got 10M bucks to buy the property site unseen near Harvard Square.

Party: Boston. Whether you're hanging with hipsters or Good Will Hunting dudes you can always talk sports and everybody's in a good mood because they're either killing it on salary (hipsters) or killing it on appreciation in property values (Good Will Hunting dudes).
                                Party: Cambridge.

All else being equal (and it isn't) this decision comes down to smart vs dumb. Cambridge you're very likely in good shape. You might step into money and be bored but, hey, those girls are already paid for.

Boston... just no. What, I'm gonna talk to Boston Rob about Contractualism or The BU Chick with the Cum in Her Hair about anything, including (especially) how it got there? Just no.

I'm pretty sure we don't go to the same parties, so YMMV.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X