Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    If we're going to let a Republican who supported George Bush for president run for our nomination, who else? Let's see if Donald Rumsfeld is available. Colin Powell is popular. Let's call him. Meghan McCain? Where do we draw the line? Or do you just want to erase the line and let anyone run?
    Don’t forget Bernie. He isn’t a Democrat.

Comment

You misunderstood my post. You posited that it would be easier to fix the nomination process in the Democratic Party if Bloomberg won. I'm saying it would be moot. It wouldn't be fixed at all because the people in charge don't see it as a problem.
      They’ve already cut the number of superdelegates. Grassroots efforts can and will reform the nomination process. It’s a lot easier than stepping back from a fascist regime.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        Yeah, he has a long history of supporting Republicans and their regressive policies.

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I’m not convinced Bernie will beat Trump and ANY democrat running will be light years better than Trump and if you don’t think so you’re ****ing brain dead
          He has a far better chance of winning the swing states and black voters who didn’t vote in 2016 than mayor stop and frisk. He isn’t light years better than Trump, he’s an oligarch who has a history of sexual harassment, racist policies, surveillance of innocent minorities, and at best we’ll get a worse version of Trump in 4 years if he gets elected because he’s not going to do **** to fix any of the underlying problems that caused Trump to get elected in the first place.
          Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          Not seeing the problem here lol.

Comment

Yeah, he has a long history of supporting Republicans and their regressive policies.
            Not the definition. You're on a roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Not the definition. You're on a roll.
              Thanks. That means the world to me coming from you.

Comment

According to Bloomberg, transgender people are an "it." A "man in a dress."

NO.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

If we're going to let a Republican who supported George Bush for president run for our nomination, who else? Let's see if Donald Rumsfeld is available. Colin Powell is popular. Let's call him. Meghan McCain? Where do we draw the line? Or do you just want to erase the line and let anyone run?
                  Oh the irony.
                  No shock you and Trix either don't see it or don't care.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    Oh the irony.
                    Listen: I'm not voting for someone who thinks I'm a man in a dress.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Never said you had to as that's not my point.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        Oh the irony.
                        Yes, Bernie has an I after his name. How terrible. He's also someone who has championed Democratic principles for decades, unlike some other candidates.

Comment

Yes, Bernie has an I after his name. How terrible. He's also someone who has championed Democratic principles for decades, unlike some other candidates.
                          Then why isn't he an actual D?
                          If your issue is "a Republican is running for the Dem nomination" then why do you have no issue with someone who has shunned the Dem party running for its nomination?
                          I'm not saying Bloomberg is good or bad...but I also dont see him as Trump 2.0 either.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            The point is that if he's the nominee and you dont vote for him you may as well be voting for the Nazi.

But making sure he's not the nominee isn't important to many on this thread.

Comment

The point is that if he's the nominee and you dont vote for him you may as well be voting for the Nazi.

But making sure he's not the nominee isn't important to many on this thread.
                              For many of us...defeating Trump is the #1 priority...and yes that needs to be done regardless of the nominee.
                              No nominee is perfect no matter what you think of them...but they are all better than Trump.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Then why isn't he an actual D?
                                If your issue is "a Republican is running for the Dem nomination" then why do you have no issue with someone who has shunned the Dem party running for its nomination?
                                I'm not saying Bloomberg is good or bad...but I also dont see him as Trump 2.0 either.
                                Because values are more important to me than political parties. Sure, party affiliations can help crystallize your beliefs but it doesn't define them. Giving a speech in primetime at the RNC and espousing opinions like MissT is an "it" and "a guy in a dress" does.

Comment

Working...
                                X