Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Speaking of Uncle Joe, his campaign has thrown up the sirens and it's all hands on deck.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Speaking of Uncle Joe, his campaign has thrown up the sirens and it's all hands on deck.
      I'm thinking Uncle Joe could finish fifth here.

Sanders
      Kloubachar
      Buttigigitigigity
      Warren
      Uncle Joe.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Facts? Pfft, like Bernouts need those. You're just supposed to be OUTRAGED at racist Mayo Cheat!
        He's wrong on the facts lol.

Comment

Facts? Pfft, like Bernouts need those. You're just supposed to be OUTRAGED at racist Mayo Cheat!
          I support Sanders. I care about, and am careful with, facts.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            He's wrong on the facts lol.
            Shouldn't you and the rest of the schoolboys be giggling over at r/FeelTheBern or whatever it's called?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              I'm thinking Uncle Joe could finish fifth here.

Sanders
              Kloubachar
              Buttigigitigigity
              Warren
              Uncle Joe.
              The relative finish of Klobuchar and Buttigieg could have an impact on donors. This seems like a pretty straight-up choice between them as the Moderate leader if Biden really is dead.

Black leaders are smart and they aren't going to hitch their wagon to a dying campaign and then get shut out. I wonder if there is an age schism in the black Dem caucus like there is in the white Dem caucus? I can see black Olds sticking by Biden because of old machine ties, but black Utes are an unknown. My God if they were to go to Sanders based on social justice...that's the beginning of an earthquake. That's blacks, (non-insane) white Poors, intellectuals, and lefties... the '68 coalition. Sous les pavés, la plage!
              Last edited by Kepler; 02-11-2020, 01:30 PM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Shouldn't you and the rest of the schoolboys be giggling over at r/FeelTheBern or whatever it's called?
                Welcome to Level II.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Welcome to Level II.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
                  To the contrary, ending 8 out of every 10 posts with "lol" just makes you look like a smug idiot.

Comment

He was fired, that part has been widely reported on. Unless every publication is getting this fact wrong I'm not really sure what your point of contention is.

But they didn't and it's not like anything Pete does would influence that in any way because that isn't how federal investigations work.

He might not have been caught in those particular tapes (not certain because they're blocking the release of the tapes) but other officers did file reports on him for being racist in the past.
                    How dense are you? He was NOT fired, he was demoted. Here's an article headlined accurately. Reporting that said he was fired is misleading. In fact Boykins initially resigned his post, I believe when this began to unfold. People are demoted all the time and most can differentiate between being removed entirely from an organization (that's being fired) and being re-assigned to a lower ranked, paid, responsible, etc position (being demoted).

Karen DePeape on the other hand WAS fired. She is no longer employed by the SBPD.

You specifically said O'Neill (the officer who killed Logan) was on the tapes that led to all of this, and unless you have listened to them personally, you didn't know that and therefore your assertion was incorrect. As for O'Neill, I said I wasn't defending him. I didn't go into detail about allegations against him, but you are correct, he was reportedly accused by more than one individual (including some fellow officers) of racist behavior.

I get that Buttigieg is not your guy and that's fine. There are plenty of reasons to doubt Buttigieg's qualifications. Why post things that are wrong?
                    Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 02-11-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'm the smug idiot, not the one who acts like Bernie supporters don't use facts while siding with the guy who was wrong about said facts

Comment

To the contrary, ending 8 out of every 10 posts with "lol" just makes you look like a smug idiot.
                        If you're the one arguing with an "idiot," what does that make you?

Now can we all please cut the sh-t and concentrate on The Problem?
                        Cornell University

Comment

The relative finish of Klobuchar and Buttigieg could have an impact on donors. This seems like a pretty straight-up choice between them as the Moderate leader if Biden really is dead.

Black leaders are smart and they aren't going to hitch their wagon to a dying campaign and then get shut out. I wonder if there is an age schism in the black Dem caucus like there is in the white Dem caucus? I can see black Olds sticking by Biden because of old machine ties, but black Utes are an unknown. My God if they were to go to Sanders based on social justice...that's the beginning of an earthquake. That's blacks, (non-insane) white Poors, intellectuals, and lefties... the '68 coalition. Sous les pavés, la plage!
                          Exit polling I believe showed Blacks under 30 supported Bernie against Hillary. That seems to be the schism.

That is also why I think Bernie wins now. He has the only base that will come out "ride or die" like Trumps. The rest of the Dems have split the coalition so much I doubt any of them can beat Bernie's 35% or so.

And just think if it is Bernie vs Trump we can hear both Old White Guys tells us why they are better for non-whites. Then Trump can tell us why Bernie the Jew is bad for Israel
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah I'm the smug idiot, not the one who acts like Bernie supporters don't use facts while siding with the guy who was wrong about said facts
                            Where am I wrong? And for the record I did not and don't believe I have ever called you an idiot. I did ask how dense you were, as everything I laid out is correct, and you continually say it is wrong. Alternate facts are supposed to be for the other side.

Comment

If you're the one arguing with an "idiot," what does that make you?

Now can we all please cut the sh-t and concentrate on The Problem?
                              Do you think Fade cares how he looks arguing with someone on a message board?
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Welcome to Level II.

For someone who constantly rails against those odd us to the right of Marx to stop deriding other candidates since we're fighting nazis, I will note the marked absence of you giving the same spiel to your fellow Bernie supporters without being prompted.

Comment

Working...
                                X