Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Counter-point: if Dump declared that the election had been compromised by "irregularities we are looking into," and refused to acknowledge them, what percentage of Republican voters would go against him? I'm guessing less than 5%. What percentage of Republican Members would go against him? I'm guessing less than 1%.
    That's the thing. If he does, then Congress and the people need to be prepared to make him go. And I don't see that happening. Some will be prepared. Others will react just as they did during the impeachment; make excuses, justifications, say what he's doing isn't really wrong.

Hovey's problem is that he views Trump as he would any other president, any other politician. The only thing that stops them from governing absolutely, from taking that next step, is a regard for the office, for the institution of government, for political and social mores.

Trump has none of that. Trump is all about Trump. Trump will do what is most beneficial for Trump.

Adam Schiff told you all this. You, and the Republican members of the Senate, chose not to hear.
    Last edited by rufus; 02-13-2020, 03:22 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      If it weren't for the oil and the whole national security thing, I'd be on board.
      How bout just give it to the freaking Aleuts?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

How bout just give it to the freaking Aleuts?
        And people think Navajo is hard.

Comment

Counter-point: if Dump declared that the election had been compromised by "irregularities we are looking into," and refused to acknowledge the results, what percentage of Republican voters would go against him? I'm guessing less than 5%. What percentage of Republican Members would go against him? I'm guessing less than 1%.

We're in trouble, man. Not just because the President is a delusional criminal, or because the Republican party is craven opportunists and cowards who will do nothing to protect American laws, but because a huge number of American voters no longer give a sh-t what system of government they live under as long as they get their way. The right's base has abandoned law and democracy, likely because they never believed in it anyway. The right's elite has abandoned law and democracy, likely because they can read demographic charts and understand they can no longer function as a significant power if the US retains its democracy.
          Republican "members" of what?

After the election, don't the individual states certify their results and then have the electoral college members vote, and isn't there a deadline for all of that? If no one gets 270, doesn't the U.S. House elect the winner?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Republican "members" of what?

After the election, don't the individual states certify their results and then have the electoral college members vote, and isn't there a deadline for all of that? If no one gets 270, doesn't the U.S. House elect the winner?
            All Trump has to do is say, there are "irregularities". Then, everyone goes into their respective corners, it ends up in the Courts, and BOOM. Turtle Boy's work comes to fruition. Why you continue to believe that systems are going to hold up that haven't held up since he took office is beyond me.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              All Trump has to do is say, there are "irregularities". Then, everyone goes into their respective corners, it ends up in the Courts, and BOOM. Turtle Boy's work comes to fruition. Why you continue to believe that systems are going to hold up that haven't held up since he took office is beyond me.
              What I was getting at but probably didn't express as succinctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                If it weren't for the oil and the whole national security thing, I'd be on board.
                Thanks a—hole.

(No sarcasm. Seriously, f- you.)
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Thanks a—hole.

(No sarcasm. Seriously, f- you.)
                  C'mon, you'll love life under Putie's thumb. Not that much different from life in Donnie's world. Just eliminating the middle man.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Weren't we just treated to an article/link provided by Kepler today in which a Federal Appeals Court throttled Barr and Trump's Immigration Board? Written by a conservative judge, no less?
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Weren't we just treated to an article/link provided by Kepler today in which a Federal Appeals Court throttled Barr and Trump's Immigration Board? Written by a conservative judge, no less?
                      Throttled them how? That case isn't over yet. Just because some Judge said no doesn't mean ****. Have you really not been paying attention? I don't think you have.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        That's the thing. If he does, then Congress and the people need to be prepared to make him go. And I don't see that happening. Some will be prepared. Others will react just as they did during the impeachment; make excuses, justifications, say what he's doing isn't really wrong.

Hovey's problem is that he views Trump as he would any other president, any other politician. The only thing that stops them from governing absolutely, from taking that next step, is a regard for the office, for the institution of government, for political and social mores.

Trump has none of that. Trump is all about Trump. Trump will do what is most beneficial for Trump.

Adam Schiff told you all this. You, and the Republican members of the Senate, chose not to hear.
                        I agree with the danger but disagree with the specifics. The problem is not that Trump will stay past the end of his term. He won't because every good con man knows how to stay out of jail. If he spends one minute beyond the time he's Constitutionally required to leave he opens himself up to arrest. He can't pardon himself in advance, nor can he pardon himself after his term is over.

The danger would have been that he commands his minions in various key offices (governor, sec of state, etc) to refuse to certify the results in any key state that he loses. That is a very real and far more realistic scenario which the media would totally "bothsiderism" given their cowardice. If you take a drink on election night for every breathlessly reported accusation of "voter fraud" you'll die of alcohol poisoning by midnight.

Fortunately the 2018 elections happened. Due to that and some earlier wins, Dem politicians now control the Gov/SoS offices in the following swing states: PA,MI,WI,ME,NC, and the SoS office in AZ. That's where you need to win and where polling place shenanigans and missing ballots are going to be a lot harder to pull off. I do remain concerned about the fairness of the vote in GA, FL or OH but if those states are in play on election night Chump will already be in trouble.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          I agree with the danger but disagree with the specifics. The problem is not that Trump will stay past the end of his term. He won't because every good con man knows how to stay out of jail. If he spends one minute beyond the time he's Constitutionally required to leave he opens himself up to arrest. He can't pardon himself in advance, nor can he pardon himself after his term is over.

The danger would have been that he commands his minions in various key offices (governor, sec of state, etc) to refuse to certify the results in any key state that he loses. That is a very real and far more realistic scenario which the media would totally "bothsiderism" given their cowardice. If you take a drink on election night for every breathlessly reported accusation of "voter fraud" you'll die of alcohol poisoning by midnight.

Fortunately the 2018 elections happened. Due to that and some earlier wins, Dem politicians now control the Gov/SoS offices in the following swing states: PA,MI,WI,ME,NC, and the SoS office in AZ. That's where you need to win and where polling place shenanigans and missing ballots are going to be a lot harder to pull off. I do remain concerned about the fairness of the vote in GA, FL or OH but if those states are in play on election night Chump will already be in trouble.
                          Yeah. Just like the House is providing oversight now because it's Democrats. LMFAO.

Comment

Just one more example of how everything Trump does is for the benefit of Trump.

Remember how a week or so ago, Homeland Security barred New York from using programs like Global Entry and such to speed passage through airport security? So today, Trump tweets that NY needs to stop the baseless investigations and harassment(meaning, of Trump), get back on his good side, and left unsaid, but perhaps then they could get back to using such programs. The old quid pro quo.

Comment

Angry words do what now?

It's like one of Susie's sternly worded letters.

Comment

And more.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...s-with-foreign

Gee, why would he want to do that?

Comment

Working...
                                X