Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 9: Can we climb this mountain? I don't know.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    The Great Affordability Crisis Breaking America
    In one of the best decades the American economy has ever recorded, families were bled dry.
    The problem the Democrats have right now is not that they're on the wrong side of things and how this country should be managed, but they're failing to communicate what Americans want and need to hear. Despite everything written here consumer confidence is UP. How is that even possible?

Get the message out there.
    I’ve been thinking about this for years. This article sums it up nicely. We elevate a standard and someone makes it impossible to afford.

Want to go to a great school like MIT? It used to cost $50k when I applied. That seemed reasonable given the doors it opened. Now? We have expensive condos that cost $1,600 a month going up at Minnesota instead of affordable public student housing. I just about give myself a stroke every time I drive down there I get so upset. The university did this. They let these things go up because they don’t care. it’s all a ****ing scam now. It costs the average kid probably $30-$40k a year to go to Minnesota now. That’s unreasonable. It’s just not reasonable. The regents forgot who they’re there for: the students.

Childcare, a coworker told me the costs and I just about fell out of my chair. For a non-home-based provider it can run thousands a month for each kid. How can anyone afford kids? How does the working class fire out five kids and have money to do literally anything?

It’s all so insane.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well, today's reports/video should just about finish off Joe. Good riddance. He really blew this.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Well, today's reports/video should just about finish off Joe. Good riddance. He really blew this.
        Que pasa?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Que pasa?

So far it only seems like right-wingers are jumping on this, but this is like the third or fourth time he's just straight up insulted someone on the campaign trail.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

So far it only seems like right-wingers are jumping on this, but this is like the third or fourth time he's just straight up insulted someone on the campaign trail.
            It's not an insult, it's a joke from a John Wayne movie. But obviously you can't do that sh-t.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Joe doesn't seem quite ready for prime time. You wonder whether he thought this was just gonna be handed to him. Like Hillary in '16.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                It's not an insult, it's a joke from a John Wayne movie. But obviously you can't do that sh-t.
                Ah. Then that explains why the tone of the room was light hearted.

Still, a weird way to try to segue into the downfalls of the caucus system.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Joe doesn't seem quite ready for prime time. You wonder whether he thought this was just gonna be handed to him. Like Hillary in '16.
                  More like Hillary in 08. Or Jeb! in 16. or Teddy in 80.

There have been a bunch of them just waiting for coronation. They're still waiting.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    Ah. Then that explains why the tone of the room was light hearted.

Still, a weird way to try to segue into the downfalls of the caucus system.
                    Yeah, you can't do stuff that just cries out to be willfully misinterpreted. And doing a cold reference to an actor who was making films in the 30s isn't exactly down with the kids.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Joe should have run in '16. Or '08 if he wanted to be president.

Anyone buying into the idea (getting a lot of press lately) that Hillary is quietly waiting for the other Dems to crater so she can step into the role of nominee? She and Bill are described as "nuclear cockroaches" - they survive anything.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post

Anyone buying into the idea (getting a lot of press lately) that Hillary is quietly waiting for the other Dems to crater so she can step into the role of nominee? She and Bill are described as "nuclear cockroaches" - they survive anything.
                        No. That's just a right wing talking point to gin up rage against dragons that just aren't there.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I’ve been thinking about this for years. This article sums it up nicely. We elevate a standard and someone makes it impossible to afford.

Want to go to a great school like MIT? It used to cost $50k when I applied. That seemed reasonable given the doors it opened. Now? We have expensive condos that cost $1,600 a month going up at Minnesota instead of affordable public student housing. I just about give myself a stroke every time I drive down there I get so upset. The university did this. They let these things go up because they don’t care. it’s all a ****ing scam now. It costs the average kid probably $30-$40k a year to go to Minnesota now. That’s unreasonable. It’s just not reasonable. The regents forgot who they’re there for: the students.

Childcare, a coworker told me the costs and I just about fell out of my chair. For a non-home-based provider it can run thousands a month for each kid. How can anyone afford kids? How does the working class fire out five kids and have money to do literally anything?

It’s all so insane.
                          Exactly. And this thread is somewhat a microcosm of my complaint. Instead of talking abut the issues and messages needed to defeat Trump we're falling into the hands of the media and our opponents who want to only focus on the follies.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            Anyone buying into the idea (getting a lot of press lately) that Hillary is quietly waiting for the other Dems to crater so she can step into the role of nominee?
                            No. Please stop listening to Rush and Hannity, it makes me respect you less.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              No. That's just a right wing talking point to gin up rage against dragons that just aren't there.
                              No. Please stop listening to Rush and Hannity, it makes me respect you less.
                              Also no. And yes, please stop listening to right wing radio. It's not healthy.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post

No. And it's not "getting a lot of press lately," stop believing everything right wing nutjobs sell you.

Comment

Working...
                                X