This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    That misses the point. Those claims are coming from BU fans on social media, not from here which is where his latest childish snipe generated.
    BU fans. Hah.

Comment

• Re: POTUS: A Sharpie Is Always Needed

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      That misses the point. Those claims are coming from BU fans on social media, not from here which is where his latest childish snipe generated.
      Right. Because no one on this site has ever made any claims like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Right. Because no one on this site has ever made any claims like that.
        Oh if they have I'm sure you have them noted, logged and categorized you big boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Oh if they have I'm sure you have them noted, logged and categorized you big boy!
          I don't have that kind of time, little man.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Jack Hughes. In the movie "Miracle," it was Ralph Cox, from UNH.
            And in real life:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Cox

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              There actually was a surge of BUSA for the Miracle team on social media, saying that BU was the real heart of the team.
              That's because the goalie and the guy who scored the goal that beat the Russians were both from BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                That's because the goalie and the guy who scored the goal that beat the Russians were both from BU.
                IMO, that takes away from the point that it was a team effort, not an individual one, that won the medal. Where the players played in college didn't matter. They played as Team USA, period.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is getting way overblown...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    This is getting way overblown...
                    That was a different president.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      That was a different president.
                      As implied, one can not be overblown

Unpossible
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        To be honest I haven't been paying attention to them. I've probably thought about the 1980 team ten times in the last 40 years, and every one of them was because the ECACs were in Lake Placid.

I'm for letting them off the hook absent further information because I've never heard any of them channel Kurt Schilling or John Rocker. Now if they go on Hannity tomorrow then fine, f-ck them with a rusty skate blade. But until then I am just assuming Dumb Jock Disease.
                        Oh lord any time hockey is said anywhere in the world some member of the team (usually Eruzione or McClanahan) has to tell us the same five stories.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          psst.... rob and jack never had that fight either oc won a title and didn't lose it because of a cheap shot

"based on a true story"
                          And Lou Nanne never was against Brooks on anything as they were great friends.

That movie is enjoyable but is about as true as Braveheart.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

On this date in 1868, a first-term president was impeached during an election year, which is odd because we were told such a thing had never happened before.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              That movie is enjoyable but is about as true as Braveheart.
                              The movie is far more accurate than Braveheart! If Mel had been anywhere near the script, it would have been a bunch of kids still in junior high playing cricket against a group of English professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Oh lord any time hockey is said anywhere in the world some member of the team (usually Eruzione or McClanahan) has to tell us the same five stories.
                                The media doesn't have to keep asking. I don't begrudge the remembering in the least given my age at the time and the seared memories. I also recognize they weren't angels full of flaws since then including a few of the MN kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X