X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: A Sharpie Is Always Needed

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    What. The. **ck
    A bunch of midwestern guys in their 60s who haven't accomplished anything since they did something in sports when they were 19 support Trump? I'm shocked!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      A bunch of midwestern guys in their 60s who haven't accomplished anything since they did something in sports when they were 19 support Trump? I'm shocked!
      What’s sad is how they desperately try to save face with this tweet:
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        What’s sad is how they desperately try to save face with this tweet:
        You appear at one political rally wearing a political hat and suddenly people are all like oooh you're getting political!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

You appear at one political rally wearing a political hat and suddenly people are all like oooh you're getting political!
          seriously.... like what the?!?!

not like anyone had the hat stapled to their head
          they made their choice.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I realize this will not be pleasant for people on this board of all places: https://***********/1980MiracleTeam/...90713954783232
            Better in the original Russian

Имя на передней панели важнее, чем имя на задней

Comment

I cannot begin to tell you how upsetting that was for me to see. That was such a defining moment of my life. In fact, it was part of the reason I decided to go to BU. I know Mike Eruzione. He’s a good guy. I’ve met the other three BU guys. They’re coming to the BU game this Saturday to be honored. I almost feel like not going now. I know this is a bit of an overreaction but I feel like part of my world has...I don’t know...shifted?

And, you know, I totally get that most of these guys are Trump fans/followers. But that’s a personal thing. If the White House invited them to honor the event, I don’t know, maybe it would be easier? But they went to one of his hate rallies, put on those stupid hats. It wasn’t a personal thing. The group as a whole on the anniversary of that amazing win went as a group to that. It’s totally political and they deserve all the vitriol they’re getting.

Comment

Eh, go to game and boo eruzione. You like the guy who mocks disabled, abuses women, puts kids in cages and rage tweets all day? Then your *** deserves to get booed.
                Erizione is only famous for that one thing, what a choice.

Comment

Jocks are dumb. These guys made a bad personal choice. I think it's important to separate the celebration of their athletic achievement from them being Stereotypical Stoopid American Mugs. Steve Carlton was a genius on the mound and a psychotic moron off it. He was still a beautiful art piece when he pitched, and I'm glad I got to see him.

I mean, in a way it even makes it better, right? It underlies their (mostly undeserved) reputation as Everyman. "A hero otherwise so dumb, so mediocre, such a loser, that he even fell for Dump." A team of those guys beat the greatest hockey team that ever existed. It's a Frank Miller noir story.

That truly is a miracle.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-23-2020, 09:00 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Eh, go to game and boo eruzione. You like the guy who mocks disabled, abuses women, puts kids in cages and rage tweets all day? Then your *** deserves to get booed.
                    Erizione is only famous for that one thing, what a choice.
                    Eruzione's just a pathetic lush these days anyway. Just like a lot of old white dudes who spent their entire lives reliving the old glory days.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      I realize this will not be pleasant for people on this board of all places: https://***********/1980MiracleTeam/...90713954783232
                      As someone who doesn't really do Twitter I have a question. Are the replies to that some edited version? It seems as if the vast majority expressed at least disappointment that they chose to associate with trump and only two or three expressed support.

It is a sad sight to me to see them lining up with the stupid hats. Like I would assume virtually everyone else here, the 1980 Olympic hockey team occupied a pretty special place in my heart and my head. I was lucky enough to not only follow the Olympic games themselves, but to have seen almost every single one of those guys play college games in person.

I felt a similar bit of discomfort to find out the actor Paul Sorvino was a trump guy, as he played my favorite character on the original version of the Law & Order franchise.

trump sucks in so many ways, and clearly some are less important than others.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Eruzione's just a pathetic lush these days anyway. Just like a lot of old white dudes who spent their entire lives reliving the old glory days.
                        Do you know him personally? Because I do and I know that’s not true.

Comment

**** those guys. Miracle is dead. You can’t separate the prior acts from this one. They are the only stewards of the achievement and they shat all over it.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            As someone who doesn't really do Twitter I have a question. Are the replies to that some edited version? It seems as if the vast majority expressed at least disappointment that they chose to associate with trump and only two or three expressed support.

It is a sad sight to me to see them lining up with the stupid hats. Like I would assume virtually everyone else here, the 1980 Olympic hockey team occupied a pretty special place in my heart and my head. I was lucky enough to not only follow the Olympic games themselves, but to have seen almost every single one of those guys play college games in person.

I felt a similar bit of discomfort to find out the actor Paul Sorvino was a trump guy, as he played my favorite character on the original version of the Law & Order franchise.

trump sucks in so many ways, and clearly some are less important than others.
                            I received a message that "they have chosen to hide some replies" so yes, it is an edited version. No doubt my replies will be hidden too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              I received a message that "they have chosen to hide some replies" so yes, it is an edited version. No doubt my replies will be hidden too.
                              No doubt
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I cannot begin to tell you how upsetting that was for me to see. That was such a defining moment of my life. In fact, it was part of the reason I decided to go to BU. I know Mike Eruzione. He’s a good guy. I’ve met the other three BU guys. They’re coming to the BU game this Saturday to be honored. I almost feel like not going now. I know this is a bit of an overreaction but I feel like part of my world has...I don’t know...shifted?

And, you know, I totally get that most of these guys are Trump fans/followers. But that’s a personal thing. If the White House invited them to honor the event, I don’t know, maybe it would be easier? But they went to one of his hate rallies, put on those stupid hats. It wasn’t a personal thing. The group as a whole on the anniversary of that amazing win went as a group to that. It’s totally political and they deserve all the vitriol they’re getting.
                                The country is divided around 50/50 so in theory 50% of athletes/entertainers you’re not going to agree with. At this point I really don’t care what an athlete’s views are and try not to let it influence how I feel about them. Why let nonsense ruin something you enjoy?
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X