This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    And there's Captain Water Carrier right on queue.

You can infer the statement is true based on what we know from other witnesses and the behavior of the people in question. It's not that hard.
    Remember when Kevin McCarthy was taped saying Dana was paid by Russia?

Comment

• Re: POTUS: A Sharpie Is Always Needed

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Believing that means believing Dana Rohrabacher.
      And Assange's attorney.
      And Assange.

There's a credibility trifecta.
      And against that we have Dump's word?

Sign me up for JA.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Believing that means believing Dana Rohrabacher.
        And Assange's attorney.
        And Assange.

There's a credibility trifecta.
        You believed the Hillary email lies so no offense but no one trusts you when it comes to who you say has credibility.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Infer, as in reading minds?
          You got a 200 on the reading comprehension portion of the SAT English test, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I don't care about the money either way. I want to annex Greenland. It's going to be the Riviera in 50 years.

And before that you get this.
            We'd just ruin Greenland. Better to leave it alone and just visit. No visa required for a stay of up to three months.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              We'd just ruin Greenland. Better to leave it alone and just visit. No visa required for a stay of up to three months.
              We already ruined Greenland. Google "Project Iceworm" sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                We already ruined Greenland. Google "Project Iceworm" sometime.
                Greenland has tons of natural beauty, and no private land ownership. we'd auction it all off and build a bunch of McDonalds there.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  You got a 200 on the reading comprehension portion of the SAT English test, didn't you?
                  Never took the SAT.
                  I'm from a big squarish flyover state that takes ACT.
                  But my ACT Composite score (pre-1989) qualified me for membership in MENSA.
                  Thanks for asking, and for your concern.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

qualified me for membership in MENSA
                    whoopty doo, my SAT scores would qualify me

the problem is when you're smart[er than the average dumb-***] but not smart enough to realize there are plenty of things you don't understand

compared to the scientists I work with I regularly feel like a dumb-***

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Never took the SAT.
                      And yet you apparently don't know what an inference is, even though you should've learned that in junior high.
                      Last edited by unofan; 02-19-2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        whoopty doo, my SAT scores would qualify me

the problem is when you're smart[er than the average dumb-***] but not smart enough to realize there are plenty of things you don't understand

compared to the scientists I work with I regularly feel like a dumb-***
                        Can't help myself- You know the line about being brilliant but can't tie shoes? plenty of genius folk are great at literal thinking and calculation but dealing with conceptual or inferential thinking is a struggle.

Whether it is believable or not it is not a piece of outlying evidence. It fits into the narrative in a large block of evidence presented by multiple people who have no problem with veracity. The only people that actually don't believe the Ruskies getting their predigested critical thinking from Faux and their ilk

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          And yet you apparently don't know what an inference is, even though you should've learned that in junior high.
                          I'm smart enough to know an inference involves reasoning.
                          And reasoning inherently involves the biases of the reasoner because they are human.

Two different people can reach different inferences on a situation based on their different patterns of reasoning with the available evidence.

There's a parked car missing a wheel. I may reason and infer "flat tire"; someone else may reason and infer "stolen". Until we know, we don't know who inferred correctly.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm smart enough to know an inference involves reasoning.
                            And reasoning inherently involves the biases of the reasoner because they are human.

Two different people can reach different inferences on a situation based on their different patterns of reasoning with the available evidence.

There's a parked car missing a wheel. I may reason and infer "flat tire"; someone else may reason and infer "stolen". Until we know, we don't know who inferred correctly.
                            Except they have shown the people stealing the wheel, talking about stealing the wheel, had people tweeting about stealing the wheel. Showed a pattern of behaviour that would help you infer they stole the wheel. At what point to you stop pretending the wheel is not off because of a flat tyre?

Comment

Never took the SAT.
                              It doesn't appear that the ACT requirement at that time was very high.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Except they have shown the people stealing the wheel, talking about stealing the wheel, had people tweeting about stealing the wheel. Showed a pattern of behaviour that would help you infer they stole the wheel. At what point to you stop pretending the wheel is not off because of a flat tyre?
                                When he gets that manilla envelope...

Comment

Working...
                                X