X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: A Sharpie Is Always Needed

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Dont let them off the hook. These guys have been marketing themselves off the Miracle for 40 years. This was a way to stay relevant ...
    To be honest I haven't been paying attention to them. I've probably thought about the 1980 team ten times in the last 40 years, and every one of them was because the ECACs were in Lake Placid.

I'm for letting them off the hook absent further information because I've never heard any of them channel Kurt Schilling or John Rocker. Now if they go on Hannity tomorrow then fine, f-ck them with a rusty skate blade. But until then I am just assuming Dumb Jock Disease.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Dont let them off the hook. These guys have been marketing themselves off the Miracle for 40 years. This was a way to stay relevant ...
      Yup.

A bunch of them have businesses, I believe. Will they call ice on little brown kids? Wearing that hat is a statement and they know it

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I think I speak for 57 fanbases in saying it doesn't matter because Minnesota, Wisconsin, and BU all suck.
        You didn't include Harvard in there?
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I'm not sure that's true. I think it is entirely possible that a number of these guys were too dumb to understand the consequences.
          After that hat was spotted in Tom Brady's locker I think every athlete understands the consequences. They just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            I'm from wherever won't get me hit.

Comment

no harvard guys on the 80 team
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                They are hockey players.
                ?TBI- that would explain a lot- including if they think they are relating to another mental midget

To be honest I haven't been paying attention to them. I've probably thought about the 1980 team ten times in the last 40 years, and every one of them was because the ECACs were in Lake Placid.

I'm for letting them off the hook absent further information because I've never heard any of them channel Kurt Schilling or John Rocker. Now if they go on Hannity tomorrow then fine, f-ck them with a rusty skate blade. But until then I am just assuming Dumb Jock Disease.
                THis made me physically cringe. Now my brain needs bleach

Comment

In 1960, Herb Brooks was the last cut after Bobby Cleary agreed to play. In 1980 Herb Brooks cut a Harvard player, whose name escapes me, as the last cut.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    In 1960, Herb Brooks was the last cut after Bobby Cleary agreed to play. In 1980 Herb Brooks cut a Harvard player, whose name escapes me, as the last cut.
                    Jack Hughes. In the movie "Miracle," it was Ralph Cox, from UNH.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Wasn't it UNH player Ralph Cox?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

psst.... rob and jack never had that fight either oc won a title and didn't lose it because of a cheap shot

"based on a true story"
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Only in the movies. A great story about Hughes and Cox.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            2/24/80-2/21/20: This gold medal is really a testament to the state of Minnesota.
                            2/21/20-today: The gold medal team was a bunch of east coast guys.
                            There you again making s**t up.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              There you again making s**t up.
                              There actually was a surge of BUSA for the Miracle team on social media, saying that BU was the real heart of the team.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                There actually was a surge of BUSA for the Miracle team on social media, saying that BU was the real heart of the team.
                                That misses the point. Those claims are coming from BU fans on social media, not from here which is where his latest childish snipe generated.

Comment

Working...
                                X