This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Old news. Earlier in this sh1t show he cut the budget AND cut funding for the task forces that were working on the potential pandemics (way back in '17) because they were a waste of $$. And we have an 'excellent' unqualified surgeon general because you know- he only has the best.
    Also aid money for countries around the world to fight diseases.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: POTUS: A Sharpie Is Always Needed

Apparently Trump butchered Sachin’s name. One of the great quotes ever in sports ‘I’ve seen God and he bats four for India.’
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

The Trump White House and its allies, over the past 18 months, assembled detailed lists of disloyal government officials to oust — and trusted pro-Trump people to replace them — according to more than a dozen sources familiar with the effort who spoke to Axios.

Driving the news: By the time President Trump instructed his 29-year-old former body man and new head of presidential personnel to rid his government of anti-Trump officials, he'd gathered reams of material to support his suspicions.

While Trump's distrust has only intensified since his impeachment and acquittal, he has long been on the hunt for "bad people" inside the White House and U.S. government, and fresh "pro-Trump" options. Outside advisers have been happy to oblige.
        https://www.axios.com/trump-memos-de...41c9700c3.html
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A federal judge denied former Trump adviser Roger Stone's request that she recuse herself from a potential new trial, saying in an order Sunday that there was no factual or legal basis for Stone's claims.

The judge, Amy Berman Jackson, of U.S. District Court in Washington, sentenced Stone to three years and four months in prison last week for obstructing a congressional investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

In court papers filed Friday, Stone's lawyers claimed that Jackson couldn't impartially evaluate his request for a new trial over allegations of juror misconduct.

The documents allege that a juror misled the court about her ability to remain unbiased and fair in the case. The juror is not named in the documents, but Stone's supporters — including President Donald Trump — have said the jury forewoman showed "significant bias."

The forewoman, Tomeka Hart, ran for Congress in Tennessee as a Democrat in 2012, a fact she disclosed during jury selection. She told Jackson that she could fairly evaluate the evidence, and Stone's lawyers did not seek to have her removed from the jury.
          Why didn't they challenge her seating?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...eBorptNieMTJtQ

Without factual or legal support, Jackson wrote, Stone's effort to disqualify her appeared to be "nothing more than an attempt to use the Court's docket to disseminate a statement for public consumption that has the words 'judge' and 'biased' in it."
          Well, that certainly is shocking.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Without factual or legal support, Jackson wrote, Stone's effort to disqualify her appeared to be "nothing more than an attempt to use the Court's docket to disseminate a statement for public consumption that has the words 'judge' and 'biased' in it."
            Since that's the determination couldn't they find Stone and/or his counsel in contempt?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Since that's the determination couldn't they find Stone and/or his counsel in contempt?
              She could have thrown the book at him for threatening her. She's been very measured and his lawyers have been a complete ****ing joke. He should rot for 20 years for what he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                A bunch of midwestern guys in their 60s who haven't accomplished anything since they did something in sports when they were 19 support Trump? I'm shocked!
                I don't know which players did/did not attend and this is not defend those that did, but players from that team I believe combined for over 7,000 NHL games and plenty were from the East Coast.

Maybe this is a comment too far, but I'm no longer convinced Trump wouldn't pull a, "NotLK" if the thought he could get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I mean, in a way it even makes it better, right? It underlies their (mostly undeserved) reputation as Everyman. "A hero otherwise so dumb, so mediocre, such a loser, that he even fell for Dump." A team of those guys beat the greatest hockey team that ever existed. It's a Frank Miller noir story.
                  I agree. That said, if Mark Johnson is in that pic (can't tell on my screen), I don't think people in the Madison area will be very understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    I agree. That said, if Mark Johnson is in that pic (can't tell on my screen), I don't think people in the Madison area will be very understanding.
                    Nobody wants to see their crush wearing a swastika armband. Except Stephen Miller.*

"Never meet your hero."

* One of the great ironies of all this which would be hilarious if it weren't so scary is how Ivanka looks exactly like Ilsa from the SS.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

2/24/80-2/21/20: This gold medal is really a testament to the state of Minnesota.
                      2/21/20-today: The gold medal team was a bunch of east coast guys.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        I believe all the surviving players were there with the exception of Mark Pavelich. According to a piece in the WaPo Johnson, Eric Strobel, Steve Christoff and Steve Janaszak were not mentioned by trump in his remarks. Maybe those four were reluctant to wear the hat. Elsewhere I believe someone said John Harrington did not have one on. trump also appeared to be confused as to whether or not Mike Eruzione was the goalie. He asked Eruzione, "how many (shots) did you rebuff?"

I met Ken Morrow and had a nice conversation with him 7 years ago. Pointedly tried to not talk about 1980 at all since they all hear that everyday. Asked him instead about some of his college memories and questions about his time with the Isles. He was a nice guy, pleasant and eager to talk hockey. Our political culture is so toxic now I wonder if I would have the same feeling knowing these guys were either hopeless dupes or some actually support a racist fascist for president. Oh well, you can't go home I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          2/24/80-2/21/20: This gold medal is really a testament to the state of Minnesota.
                          2/21/20-today: The gold medal team was a bunch of east coast guys.
                          I think I speak for 57 fanbases in saying it doesn't matter because Minnesota, Wisconsin, and BU all suck.
                          Cornell University

Comment

It’s clear from one of the pics posted that Harrington was not in a hat

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              It’s clear from one of the pics posted that Harrington was not in a hat
                              Was Broten?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Was Broten?
                                Couldn’t tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X