This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    They’re going to be super pizzed when they see the video of him playing Mozart, chit chatting, and pointing around the room during the national anthem.
    No, they won't.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Will our brave conservative members here have a comment? No?
      Do I count as part of that group? I didn’t watch, but from what I read the whole night seemed gimmicky and unprofessional from both sides. I’m going to vote dem in November against Trump but really hope we get a new party at some point.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: POTUS: A Sharpie Is Always Needed

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Do I count as part of that group? I didn’t watch, but from what I read the whole night seemed gimmicky and unprofessional from both sides. I’m going to vote dem in November against Trump but really hope we get a new party at some point.
        More both sides are bad bull5h!t? What a shock. Please list some or all of the things the democrats did -- other than Pelosi ripping up the speech because that was probably a gimmick and not a spontaneous response on her part -- that were unprofessional or gimmicky? And before you go to the women dressed in white, I don't buy that as a gimmick either. It was done as it has been done before to call attention to women standing together to protest trump and other republican's dismissal of women's rights. A protest is a treasured act of free speech and not a gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          Jeezuz you have an Iowan who is purportedly hating on Buttigieg because he married another dude.
          A Democrat in Iowa, no less. That’s what blew my mind. And she said it on camera. Without pause.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            A Democrat in Iowa, no less. That’s what blew my mind. And she said it on camera. Without pause.
            I'm glad to hear our flyovers were appalled too. For a moment I was thinking, "Jesus, I really am out of touch. Iowa is still in 1955."

So that was insane even by your guys' day to day experience, right? I mean, not insane when it comes to Republicans, but insane when it comes to human beings with minds and souls?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Bob spat on Dan after Dan killed Bob's family so they're both impolite.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

After the handshake snub and the "Four More Years!" chants, I don't really have a problem with her ripping up the speech. It just isn't quite what I expected her to do.

#NancytheRipper

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I'm glad to hear our flyovers were appalled too. For a moment I was thinking, "Jesus, I really am out of touch. Iowa is still in 1955."

So that was insane even by your guys' day to day experience, right? I mean, not insane when it comes to Republicans, but insane when it comes to human beings with minds and souls?
                  I think if you believe that persons who are prejudiced against people of a different race, against gays, lesbians and transgenders, against people of a different creed, are limited to those people who vote for Republican candidates, you are out of touch.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Keep in mind, I live in the most liberal parts of the most liberal Midwest state. With that in mind...

Most of my conservative friends at an absolute minimum don’t care if someone is gay. Most think they should be able to get married. At least a plurality are opposed to gay marriage bans.

I honestly can only think of one, maybe two who are opposed. A few of the in-laws (extended extended family) are opposed, but they’re insane and we don’t talk to them often.

Being anti-gay is essentially only a symptom of being Baptist, super-Catholic, or any of the other deeply evangelical denominations. I’d be willing to bet the vast majority live south and west of Virginia and East of Kansas; or somewhere between Montana and the Dakotas.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      No, you're right. As is much of rural America. Redneck Iowa is much the same as redneck Maine, or redneck Pennsylvania.

But we have to respect their views, and hold them every bit as valid as anyone else's.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Why does that shock you? Outside of a few cities like Iowa City that State is just North Dakota with corn. They are not some liberal bastion or something...they are Blue Dogs. Bernie does well there because the colleges take up a large segment of the population.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            I think if you believe that persons who are prejudiced against people of a different race, against gays, lesbians and transgenders, against people of a different creed, are limited to those people who vote for Republican candidates, you are out of touch.
                            This is correct superficially, however your side runs on bigotry. Whether or not you're personally a bigot you are siding with the people who use bigotry to win elections. There's no escaping that.

If you want to stop being called a Nazi stop playing kissy kissy with Nazis. The guy who was ambivalent and ran the crematorium gift shop was a war criminal too.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              After the handshake snub and the "Four More Years!" chants, I don't really have a problem with her ripping up the speech. It just isn't quite what I expected her to do.

#NancytheRipper
                              That was awesome! Funny that its the most talked about part of his idiotic speech and you know how much he hates losing the news cycle. Pelosi is the one Dem I trust the most to play hardball.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                That was awesome! Funny that its the most talked about part of his idiotic speech and you know how much he hates losing the news cycle. Pelosi is the one Dem I trust the most to play hardball.
                                The key here is she got him the only place he can be hurt: his insecurity.

Like every bully, at heart Dump is a p-ssy.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X