This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: A Sharpie Is Always Needed

Melania Trump's Be Best campaign is going swimmingly...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Melania Trump's Be Best campaign is going swimmingly...

Awesome. Just what we need in society. A return to '70's era bullying in public schools.

That is so ****ing awesome.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

To be honest, this barely even registers any surprise: https://www.gq.com/story/trump-has-badger-questions

After Trump was reminded that the short-legged omnivore was practically synonymous with the Badger State, he'd make a point of bringing it up at seemingly random occasions to his beleaguered chief of staff. "Are they mean to people?" Trump at least twice asked Priebus in the opening months of his presidency. "Or are they friendly creatures?" The president would also ask if Priebus had any photos of badgers he could show him, and if Priebus could carefully explain to him how badgers "work" exactly.

He wanted Reince—resident White House badger historian, apparently—to explain to him Wisconsin's obsession with the animal, how the little critters function and behave, what kind of food they like, and how aggressive or deadly they could be when presented with perceived existential threats. Trump also wanted to know if the badger had a "personality" or if it was boring. What kind of damage could a badger to do a person with its flashy, sharp claws? An obviously enthralled president would stare at Priebus as the aide struggled for sufficiently placating answers, all the while trying to gently veer the conversation back to whether we were going to do a troop surge in Afghanistan or strip millions of Americans of healthcare coverage.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          To be honest, this barely even registers any surprise: https://www.gq.com/story/trump-has-badger-questions
          I guess the difference between this president and President Bartlet is that President Bartlet would have brought the conversation back on track, after veering it off in the first place, with a comment that proved he was thinking about the important issue all along, rather than truly, madly, deeply enthralled by the ridiculous sidebar conversation.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...164143306.html

Former White House chief of staff John Kelly spoke about the state of media and slammed Fox News Wednesday night, saying a person who only watched that network wouldn’t be “an informed citizen.”

During a lecture at the Drew University Forum in Morristown, N.J., according to the Washington Post, Kelly rebuffed former boss President Donald Trump, saying, “The media, in my view — and I feel very strongly about this — is not the enemy of the people.”

He went on, “We need a free media. That said, you have to be careful about what you are watching and reading, because the media has taken sides. So if you only watch Fox News, because it’s reinforcing what you believe, you are not an informed citizen.”

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Good luck with the job hunt.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/v...ed-impeachment
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Is Barr going to resign now?

The Department of Justice has dropped its criminal investigation into former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe without bringing charges.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8R3h6LT28Y
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Is Barr going to resign now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8R3h6LT28Y
                  No, Donnie's gonna pitch a fit and fire him.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    No, Donnie's gonna pitch a fit and fire him.

Then when Barr’s book comes out, you’ll get “I barely knew him” so al the Deplorables can attack the guy
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Roger stone requests a new trial after dump tweets the jury had bias

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Roger stone requests a new trial after dump tweets the jury had bias
                        lmfao. His defense team approved the jurors.
                        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 02-14-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          lmfao. His defense team approved the jurors.
                          No. They had the opportunity to strike some without cause, but they didn't approve the panel. I'm sure they were OK with some of them.

We get one President strike come November, and we better not pizz it down our leg.

Comment

Now we're going to give Flynn a pass.

Attorney General William Barr's decision to review the criminal case against Michael Flynn will be seen as another favor to President Trump. The president has long felt his former National Security advisor was treated unfairly. Paula Reid reports.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w1N0bMZyiY

Comment

So the automotive emissions rollback that Trump championed?

Government officials haven't screwed up math this badly since NASA incorrectly calculated conversions between imperial and metric in 1999.

More basic issues holding up the regulations point to another problem: the skeleton crew of inexperienced political appointees who are heading the drafting process may not be up to a job that would usually be handled by career federal workers with decades of expertise.

The draft rule lacks two technical documents that experts say would be essential to defending it in court. By law, any major new policy affecting the environment requires an environmental-impact statement, but no such document has been completed or sent to the White House, according to people who have viewed the draft.

Those people say the draft rule also lacks what is known as a regulatory impact analysis, which is supposed to describe at length the legal, scientific, health and economic impacts of a major new rule.

It typically takes many months to complete — the analysis accompanying the original Obama rule ran to 1,217 pages and included supporting analyses by the National Academies of Science. But as of last month, that document was in bare-bones draft form at best, according to a person familiar with the matter.
                              In January, administration staff members appointed by President Trump sent a draft of the scaled-back fuel economy standards to the White House, but six people familiar with the documents described them as “Swiss cheese,” sprinkled with glaring numerical and spelling errors (such as “Massachusettes”), with 111 sections marked “text forthcoming.”
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It was reduced to a "Pass go collect 2 Trillion dollars" card for the fossil fuel industry.

Comment

Working...
                                X