• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      You don't. You congratulate them on parenthood.

Good Evening Lodge!
      Yes, but then you take whatever picture they've posted to social media and show it to other friends (that don't know the parents) and make the comment about Gollum. I may or may not have done similar because a friend's child looks like a Rosewell style alien.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

Comment

My friend’s grandma went to a baby shower once. When asked about the baby’s appearance, she responded in the most Minnesotan way ever: “I’m sure her mother loves her very much.”
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

All I keep thinking about is that Seinfeld episode (You gotta see the baybeee!). Wasn't that baby also not the cutest??

Good morning Lodge. Gray, rainy and raw Monday morning. I have a lot of little work things to do that I put off on Friday. Will keep me busy and my mind occupied. Spent a good part of the day yesterday cleaning and disinfecting with some bleach. Counter tops, my tub, bathroom vanities, doorknobs, locks, light switches, etc.

wT - how did the move go?

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Afternoon, Lodge.

Doctor's appointment today, since the pharm company I deal with to get my medication hasn't done sh* to get me what I need (stelera, for psoriasis). An added issue is that experts are currently saying that stelera is not the best choice, given the Corona virus, so now I'm supposed to take tremfya, because it's less risk, although I have to take it more often. My doc is a good doc, spent about 20 minutes explaining IL-23, and other ILs and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Good news is, even after missing my quarterly dose of meds, my body seems to be fighting the symptoms, now that it knows what to do, so it isn't as severe as it was a couple years ago when this all started happening.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                wT - how did the move go?
                The move went ok. The movers came in under budget (paid by the hour and they came in under estimate). Minimal loss/damage to houses or possessions. All the big furniture has been moved. We still have a bunch of stuff we can finish moving ourselves. New deadline is next Tuesday for virtual tour pics to be taken to list old house. Found out we have some electrical work to do at the new house because our dryer plug does not match the available dryer outlet (dude that lived there had an ancient dryer). I over-exerted myself and was sick from dehydration yesterday (I should know better).

NaSK called AT&T to get internet set up 'cause he was told we could just move equipment and set up ourselves and they'd flip a switch. Saturday they said that was not the case and they can't have someone out until 5/1. That doesn't work for him trying to work from home this week. So, he called comcrap and they came out this morning and we have internet.

So, some good, some bad, overall we survived. Eventually we will unpack, settle in and get to enjoy the big new house.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  The move went ok. The movers came in under budget (paid by the hour and they came in under estimate). Minimal loss/damage to houses or possessions. All the big furniture has been moved. We still have a bunch of stuff we can finish moving ourselves. New deadline is next Tuesday for virtual tour pics to be taken to list old house. Found out we have some electrical work to do at the new house because our dryer plug does not match the available dryer outlet (dude that lived there had an ancient dryer). I over-exerted myself and was sick from dehydration yesterday (I should know better).

NaSK called AT&T to get internet set up 'cause he was told we could just move equipment and set up ourselves and they'd flip a switch. Saturday they said that was not the case and they can't have someone out until 5/1. That doesn't work for him trying to work from home this week. So, he called comcrap and they came out this morning and we have internet.

So, some good, some bad, overall we survived. Eventually we will unpack, settle in and get to enjoy the big new house.
                  When I moved into my current place, I distinctly remember it was a Friday during hockey season, and scheduled a Comcast appt to get hooked up, just so I'd be able to watch the Gopher game that night. The tech was feeling a WTeff, as we were moving stuff into my apt, as he was hooking up the cable/internet. He asked why I scheduled the appt for then, and laughed pretty hard when I simply said, "Dude, Gophers hockey plays tonight. I'm not missing that game."
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Can you just switch out the dryer cord?
                    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                      Can you just switch out the dryer cord?
                      Once upon a time you could. Not sure about more recent models.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!

Glad the move went well wT!

I managed to actually do all the things I needed to do on my list today. Tomorrow I probably won't be able to get out of my own way.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My cats have been sitting in a perfect isosceles triangle for twenty minutes and it is freaking me out.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                My cats have been sitting in a perfect isosceles triangle for twenty minutes and it is freaking me out.
                                Being cats, shouldn't it be an acute triangle?

Sorry if my cat triangle jokes are a bit obtuse.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X