• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Curfew extended until end of Ramadan. And tightened. Only out now 8a to 4p

But..... food delivery will be allowed from 5p to 11p
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Curfew extended until end of Ramadan. And tightened. Only out now 8a to 4p

But..... food delivery will be allowed from 5p to 11p
          You can't eat until then right?

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

This is mostly a question for les, but the rest of you can chime in.

My mom wants to go to the cemetery tomorrow, it’s my dad’s birthday. The cemetery is in Everett which is part of the Chelsea/Revere/Evertt hot spot with lots of positive cases. But, the gravesite is outside. There is the slimmest of slim chances we will see another person. Do we go? And if you guys think there’s no real issue, should we go in two cars or can we go in one if we both wear masks and she sits in the back seat on the other side?

My SIL just texted to say she didn’t think we should go. Because my mom is 85 so she’s high risk. I wasn’t planning to stay more than 10 minutes and we will be the requisite six feet apart. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              This is mostly a question for les, but the rest of you can chime in.

My mom wants to go to the cemetery tomorrow, it’s my dad’s birthday. The cemetery is in Everett which is part of the Chelsea/Revere/Evertt hot spot with lots of positive cases. But, the gravesite is outside. There is the slimmest of slim chances we will see another person. Do we go? And if you guys think there’s no real issue, should we go in two cars or can we go in one if we both wear masks and she sits in the back seat on the other side?

My SIL just texted to say she didn’t think we should go. Because my mom is 85 so she’s high risk. I wasn’t planning to stay more than 10 minutes and we will be the requisite six feet apart. What do you think?
              I get the need to do stuff like this but that is a hot spot. Probably the only way that it would be 'safe' is if she went to the cemetery and sat in the car, windows up. She's there, can 'commune'/pray etc but not put herself at risk. I wouldn't have her get out of the car. You never know what will happen if you are there and someone decides to walk close. If you want to get really technical it would only be OK to stand near each other if the wind was blowing directly in your face. The 6 feet apart thing is not meant to be hanging out in the same space. Runners are told to be farther apart than that and never behind each other because the slipstream.

Definitely NO to the one car. The virus lives in the air for a couple of hours. Any person who is in the same room for 15 minutes is considered at risk. In a car is like being together in a phone booth. It doesn't matter where you sit. All the nopes. Cars are made aerodynamic- the air doesn't leave even if you have the windows open. I used to give this lecture to the parents that wanted to smoke in the car with the windows open.

If something happens and she needs to be in contact with people or needs medical attention that wouldn't be good- hot spot. Not sure what the likelihood of that would be.

Long winded way of saying no would be best. If no doesn't work- separate cars. don't get out.

Good Evening Lodge!

Woke to another member of the extended fam testing positive. This one is young but medical issues. So far she is still at home. And Mass is upping the dead count. Trying to keep busy and not think too much. Failing at times.

On day 116 of walking. Today lilnsl ran by me like streaked lightning. He locked his keys in his car at lunch. Got out of work, ran home, got a key and ran back (for Scarlet- he ran from Chelmsford St Market Basket to Dracut and back). Sub 6 min pace for most of it. I think he could crawl faster than I walk.

Comment

I'd say a drive by. Or do the "security clearance" type scenario:

Get out of car, pay condolences, but if ANYone else shows up, flee to car, and abandon plan.

Evening, Lodge. Odd times at work. BUSY AF today, until about 3pm. Had DHBoss work with me from 9-3, then biz dropped off hard enough and was offered Voluntary Time Off. WTeff? I took it b/c it was WONDERFUL weather today. Almost 70. That's balcony and a book weather.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Good morning. Yay for early training web conferences!

Shut up. Been up since 8:45. This is early for me.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Went to the cemetery. We drove in separate cars. There was no one there. I stood about 15 feet away (maybe more) from her. Couldn't have been out of our cars for more than five minutes total. I'm glad we went, though I'm still anxious about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Went to the cemetery. We drove in separate cars. There was no one there. I stood about 15 feet away (maybe more) from her. Couldn't have been out of our cars for more than five minutes total. I'm glad we went, though I'm still anxious about it.
                            Glad you went too. Unlikely anything is going to happen from 15 ft away.

Good Evening Lodge!

I watched the sunset on St Croix via video chat. So beautiful

Comment

Evening, Lodge.

I get little "trivial" information from the main building, and today, found out that the most senior worker (as in how long she worked for this branch) retired last Friday. That moves me up to #2 most senior (a week short of the most senior). We have 3 people now that were hired within 2 weeks of each other at the top of the list, then an 8~ year separation, then another 5~ year separation or so.

My career at this current place is within 2 years of our youngest worker's age. Yeah. Feels weird.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X